Ultimate Sherdog Classics, Memes and Legends

one i remember was about Crocop using a tube full of sand for instability. That one stood out to me but maybe it's just me.
Ha! I started that one! Me n some other guy answered the OP's question with a similar response at the same time and it started from there. Just mentioning it so you guys know how cool i am. I remember the interesting conclusuion one from a few years back. That one was funny.

Fantastic list, brings back some great memories.

Man, I NEED to see the Christian Butto thread! lol

Not a meme but a classic rather. Anyone remember the guy who bet 5000 dollars to BJ Penn against GSP I think? And lost. He even provided a pic of the bet before the fight.

I tried to google but cant find it. Not certain about the amount but I believe it was 5000 (hence it being such a classic) and I am 99% sure if was BJ Penn

I've been posting here for close to a decade and IMO, the best threads all came from the OG Bareknuckle off topic discussion back around 2005-2009. I remember the mods comming down hard not the forum and banned a shit ton of posers which I forget why.

A few good ones the mods should consider (if you can find them or were around at the time):

-Some guy kept posting about how he was consistently tapping out blue belts and purple belts despite being a white belt himself. The OT ended up finding where the guy rolls at and contacted the instructor which then got the dude kicked out of the gym.

-The " i think you should call the cops" thread. Some guy decided to try bjj for the first time and was rolling with the instructor. The instructor jammed his thumb under the area of the dudes balls and he was asking sherdog if the move is legit lol.

-Their was a dude with shaggy hair who called out everyone in the off topic forum. He started posting pictures of himself, his girlfriend and his gun collection. Everyone was ripping him apart be the man kept comming back with gold.

-This dude went on a date with this blonde chick he never met before and decided to post the pictures of the date for all of the OT to see. The thread reaches around a 100 pages of posters just insulting the poor OP.

Edit:

Anyone remember these guys?

15nk6j9.jpg

CcDvyxd.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone mention the fighter mashup threads yet? Some of those were fucking hilarious.

To all contributing: thanks a lot, most don't fit this thread but will make a "funny topics" thread somewhere along the road. I'm saving them all up ;)

And PLEASE give links to the topics if possible, hard to find them all myself.. if not impossible.

Sexyama loosing his way to a title shot has got to be one of the most hilarious running gags on sherdog.

This thread is hilarious. I had no idea about a couple of these and upon reading them they've made me laugh. Good stuff. Sherdog's always brought the fun.

Lyin' Rockhold should be added to amended fighter names

Oh my fucking god I wish the PB meltdown threads still existed. They were BRUTALLY hysterical.

Woke up with 58 likes. All from Wadtucket.

Love you too bro! lol

Back