UPDATED: Sargon of Akkad Suspended From Twitter Due To Fake Tweet (Social Media Censorship)

Over the last few months there was MANY examples of radical extremists on twitter as well as people making death threats who did not see any punishment against their channels, as a matter of fact, many of those accounts are still active today. They were promotion far more extreme views than Milo or Sargon who saw their account shut down multiple times.

But none shut down still seems unlikely.

And of course well trafficked people will draw more attention and scrutiny.

This is the second time in 2 months that Sargon has been suspended on twitter, the first time following a tweet to an EU official questioning the link between Islamic migration and increased terrorism. This is causing growing concern that Social Media giants are supposedly censoring non-left wing outlets in order to silence their message. Sargon joins the list of Lauren Southern, Tommy Sotomayor, Blaire White, and Milo Yiannopoulos who have been suspended and banned on social media platforms for their views and their seems to be a recent increased effort to silence them.

UPDATED: Hours after this video, Twitter has removed Sargon's suspension and he is back on Twitter

Who cares is Snowflake of Akkad is banned or not? The guy's a can anyway, wouldn't miss him one bit. Mainly because I don't use twitter but also because he's basic as fuck and a hypocrite.
wtf happened to the first amendment? So you can't post unless it's 100% true now? Where in the TOS does it say that? wtf is twitter anyways..we should boycott and start a petition
What does this have to do with the 1st amendment? Twitter isn't the government.

Isn't this where conservatives say Twitter is a private company and can do what it wants to do?

This is true, but if you can't see the difference in a mom and pops bakery and a media giant like Twitter I don't know what to tell you.

Twitter is not just a social media outlet it's a news outlet. I know the lines are kind of blurred, but imo it would be unethical for them to censor elected officials.

Last edited:
Over the last few months there was MANY examples of radical extremists on twitter as well as people making death threats who did not see any punishment against their channels, as a matter of fact, many of those accounts are still active today. They were promotion far more extreme views than Milo or Sargon who saw their account shut down multiple times.
I bet the difference can be accounted for by the way Twitter flags these users. ISIS members and sympathizers probably have other members and sympathizers following them as well as people who are curious as to what ISIS sympathizers and members think so none of those would be likely to report them.

Sargon on the other hand intentionally takes part in a bitter culture war so he has people on the other side who hate him and will watch his Twitter feed like an eagle for anything that they could report.

That's assuming its users who flag other problematic users and not a bot. If its a bot its definitely suspect.

All I know is that a will laugh very hard when Twitter finally bans Trump.

I don't see this happening, but if it did I wonder if Trump would hit them with some sort of executive order seeing as they operate out of the United States. The shit storm after something like that happening would be even more entertaining.

Who cares is Snowflake of Akkad is banned or not? The guy's a can anyway, wouldn't miss him one bit. Mainly because I don't use twitter but also because he's basic as fuck and a hypocrite.

What does this have to do with the 1st amendment? Twitter isn't the government.
I agree with the first line. As for 1st amendment, they are censoring our thoughts and speeches. But I also agree with the others about Twitter being a private corp and can do whatever they want etc. I just don't' agree with what they are doing especially since their whole business model is based on tweeting your thoughts and stuff.

Again, where in their TOS says that we can't tweet unless its "true"

Why don't people just stop using twitter?
Because everyone is already using it. Its like an MMO. Doesn't matter how awesome your game mechanics are, if no one else is playing its going to be shit. Same with Twitter, few other platforms give you the reach that Twitter does because of its user base.

I don't see this happening, but if it did I wonder if Trump would hit them with some sort of executive order seeing as they operate out of the United States. The shit storm after something like that happening would be even more entertaining.

He might try something like that. Watching him get sued and lose in court would be fun as well.

I agree with the first line. As for 1st amendment, they are censoring our thoughts and speeches. But I also agree with the others about Twitter being a private corp and can do whatever they want etc. I just don't' agree with what they are doing especially since their whole business model is based on tweeting your thoughts and stuff.

Again, where in their TOS says that we can't tweet unless its "true"
In the end his suspension was lifted anyway. But I wouldn't know the Twitter TOS, I don't really use it.

That seems to be the left's new card in terms of censorship. Also he was banned on a fake tweet

And then reinstated once they had the facts? Sounds like crying over nothing.

And then reinstated once they had the facts? Sounds like crying over nothing.

Facts didn't stop them from banning him and they didn't reverse their decision until they were directly called out

Twitter can't survive not being the top instant message social media network. There's plenty of alternatives already.

I think this is the main issue for sure. The Twitter founders had a good idea, they made a good website, but they have no patent on this particular social media platform. I don't have twitter and I don't follow the company but I think I've heard twitter has had some issues with monetizing their site.

I think this put them in a tough spot, so to establish themselves as the go to platform, they basically threw their lot in with the mainstream media. Now after every cable news segment the tv host will say "join the conversation on twitter" as a little bird icon pops up on screen. At the bottom of every NYT, WaPo, HuffPo, Vox article there is a little twitter icon so you can tweet out the article (which helps the news site and twitter). Even conservative media and non establishment sites/personalities use twitter, as well as sports media, entertainment media, businesses, regular people etc. This makes twitter, along with facebook, the social media sites of record.

It's all about branding, name recognition, and default usage. I think there is the possibility that these types of social media platforms could be the next MySpace, and to prevent this, twitter figured it is better to go along with the established media leviathan or else you might see a different icon pop up at the end of every article and news segment. Although, it is quite possible that the controlling interests of twitter are in fact guided by ideology rather than by free expression. Probably some combination.

I bet the difference can be accounted for by the way Twitter flags these users. ISIS members and sympathizers probably have other members and sympathizers following them as well as people who are curious as to what ISIS sympathizers and members think so none of those would be likely to report them.

Sargon on the other hand intentionally takes part in a bitter culture war so he has people on the other side who hate him and will watch his Twitter feed like an eagle for anything that they could report.

That's assuming its users who flag other problematic users and not a bot. If its a bot its definitely suspect.

I wouldn't be surprised if the government/intelligence agencies request that twitter doesn't wield the banhammer with regard to these radical jihadi's so that there is a way to monitor their activity.

This is the second time in 2 months that Sargon has been suspended on twitter, the first time following a tweet to an EU official questioning the link between Islamic migration and increased terrorism. This is causing growing concern that Social Media giants are supposedly censoring non-left wing outlets in order to silence their message. Sargon joins the list of Lauren Southern, Tommy Sotomayor, Blaire White, and Milo Yiannopoulos who have been suspended and banned on social media platforms for their views and their seems to be a recent increased effort to silence them.

UPDATED: Hours after this video, Twitter has removed Sargon's suspension and he is back on Twitter

start up a right wing social media platform since youre all such victims and truth tellers. maybe it will catch on.

do what you like with your new business.

Twitter can do whatever the fuck they want

The only entity Twitter will not fuck with is
@POTUS

As noted above, private company doing whatever it wants within the law.

If people don't like it, start their own or boycott them. There are plenty of other social media sites out there and a mass migration to any of them will make whatever point is needed.

Who's saying they broke a law? What they are doing is censoring speech. Whether laws are broken is not relevant. People have a right to spread word of their censorship and complain.

Who's saying they broke a law? What they are doing is censoring speech. Whether laws are broken is not relevant. People have a right to spread word of their censorship and complain.

Jeez, you fixated on one small percentage of my post and then take the word censorship completely out of context.

I said "within the law" to highlight that whatever complaint people are raising is a complaint about perfectly legal behavior. Like complaining about what color someone has chosen to paint their house. It's important to reiterate before people start conflating social and governmental action as similar in design or impact. And all too common error around here.

Are they censoring speech? No more than every other social media site does. Did you know they censor speech on Sherdog? They delete unacceptable posts and even ban posters for unacceptable content.

Every private business maintains the right to limit the speech delivered through their platform. It's usually in the terms of service you sign upon joining. If people don't like it, don't join those social media platforms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back