UPDATE: Youtube's Censorship Crackdown (Youtube Blacklists Non-Liberal Channels)

Should YouTube rethink its current censorship policy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd hone in on that last portion here. If I didn't hear someone like Peterson is involved in this, I would've assumed they are just handling extremists who are uploading pretty bad content. The fact they picked him makes me think this is farther than the perceived norm. If they could point out the specific reason he was included in this, I'd consider whether or not they overstepped but at this point in time without them saying what he did, I'm going to assume they did.

Ya, I don't know specific details about Peterson, nor am I very familiar with him.

I would agree it does seem that YT is unfairly picking on him based on a quick 'google search' (irony?).

Ya, I don't know specific details about Peterson, nor am I very familiar with him.

I would agree it does seem that YT is unfairly picking on him based on a quick 'google search' (irony?).

That is my concern here. A lot of pundits are getting these automatic labels of Alt-right, etc that automatically mean they push hate speech. I don't want groups to find success in being able to censor people just by applying those names but it seems like it's been working. This isn't just a YouTube thing either so I'm not trying to single them out necessarily but this is a far bigger step than what was happening to these people at first with more simple things like debate over what their Wikipedia article was showing. If you have time, I'd check out Dave Ruben and some of the guests he's had. He kinda has been focusing on this and the different college campus events that have pushed to censor speakers. Beyond the college stuff though, you will hear a lot of people who were demonized on the web via news outlets using specific labels, Wikipedia picking a very negative light for the person, twitter banning them , etc. As a mod, I can see the nightmare it would be to finding out the truth about each pundit and trying to filter through what different groups are categorizig them as, but it's still something that should be taken fairly serious as the Internet is now starting to become far less open with instances like this

You know, I don't know much about twitch beyond one gaming channel I frequent on it. Though it seems to be set up for gamers. Not that that is a bad thing.
So far it has been mostly about gaming, but it's owned by Amazon now and they've been expanding and improving like crazy in the last couple years. Not sure what their long-term plans are but it's got to be something pretty big.

What about the hate speech coming from the left?
I dont see the same coming from the left. Demanding equality and no longer accepting hatred from the right does not equal hate speech

Funny you say that considering racism and hatred are the only reason why he is unemployed
As opposed to the hundreds of other black athletes in the NFL.

The left's war on intellectuals and science.

Their silliness of their worldview relied on portraying the sole alternative as fundamentalist Christianity. If they could make the Bible seem silly, then their own equally silly belief system was validated!

Now that they're being confronted by evolutionary psychologists, geographers, etc who have turned their skepticism away from religion over to the radical left, all they can do is scurry like the feeble little rats they are and beg for censorship.
<JerryWWF>

As opposed to the hundreds of other black athletes in the NFL.

Massive amounts of employed and unemployed blacks, whites, latinos, and many other groups in the NFL, and because it's Kaepernick, must be racism.

He got a practice squad job with the Seahawks. If it was really about his race, the Seahawks would have kept him. But they dumped him, because he sucks.

I've tried searching on Vimeo for content but it's kind of a different beast and many of the YouTube content makers I like are not there.

There is a need for something new and YouTube could possibly go the way of Friendster.

"Do no evil."

I have a $50 that says every single person who bitches supports Google at one level or another, ignoring alternatives.

Name some equally efficacious alternative platforms. Or even some that are remotely so.

Well the good thing about capitalism is you the content makers want to start a new site the can. The will just need to weather the early start up then deal with deciding what content can be posted, how to deal with advertising, and how to pay content makers.

YouTube has such a strong foothold that they may be in for a challenge. There have been a lot of changes to YouTube over the years I expect them to be just fine.

The bakery is a different situation, imo. The bakery wasn't asked to bake a "gay cake". The patrons simply wanted a regular cake, just like anyone else can buy and were denied as much simply due to their sexuality.

This isn't accurate.

They requested a cake for a gay wedding. If they went in there and said "hey, it is my birthday, can you make me a cake" they would have made it. It was specifically a problem because it went against their believe about marriage being a holy sanctimony between a man and a woman, not because the person being the product was a homosexual.

I dont see the same coming from the left. Demanding equality and no longer accepting hatred from the right does not equal hate speech
I didn't say it did. I just wanted to see if you supported banning hate speech from the left. You may not see it personally, that does not mean it does not exist.

This isn't accurate.

They requested a cake for a gay wedding. If they went in there and said "hey, it is my birthday, can you make me a cake" they would have made it. It was specifically a problem because it went against their believe about marriage being a holy sanctimony between a man and a woman, not because the person being the product was a homosexual.

To me, I don't see how it matters. They didn't specifically ask for a gay themed cake. They just wanted to buy a cake.

They were denied the purchase of such simply based on the fact that they were gay (discrimination), not because they were asking for a gay themed product.

How it came about they were gay is anyone's guess. And it doesn't matter.

Massive amounts of employed and unemployed blacks, whites, latinos, and many other groups in the NFL, and because it's Kaepernick, must be racism.

He got a practice squad job with the Seahawks. If it was really about his race, the Seahawks would have kept him. But they dumped him, because he sucks.

Yup. The guy wants starter money but is really just a backup QB

Kaps 2016 rank:
QB rating: 17th
Yards per pass: 24th
Completion %: 26th
Yards per game: dead last
2ND half touchdown passes: dead last with just 5
QBR: 23rd
Yards per completion: 17th

But nope it has to be racism according to @El anciano. He's right. There are no black people in the NFL.....

Let the great censoring begin

Lol at them calling Peterson alt right or a conspiracy theorist

If your ideas suck so bad that you need to censor the opposition, you need to look in the mirror

SJWs slowly taking over Youtube policies.

They will do nothing but ensure their own downfall. Your platform relies upon free speech and a wide breadth of viewpoints, so in censoring, you essentially neuter your platform, and deny yourself your cut from the ad revenue not made.

Google has decided the different views will not be tolerated, the shutdown is upon us.

Well, retards can still try to hump doorknobs in the war room so not all is lost.

I don't get why these websites like Facebook, Youtube etc dont just come out and say they're liberally biased and anti conservative and unless you agree with their ideologies you're not welcome. Everyone knows, and it's not helping there cause trying to censor everyone who doesn't agree and then trying to hide the fact they're doing so. Seems so cowardly, but then again cowardice is one of the main traits you need to be a liberal.

Back