UPDATE: Youtube's Censorship Crackdown (Youtube Blacklists Non-Liberal Channels)

Should YouTube rethink its current censorship policy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've tried searching on Vimeo for content but it's kind of a different beast and many of the YouTube content makers I like are not there.

There is a need for something new and YouTube could possibly go the way of Friendster.

That was the problem that gave Youtube such a monopoly on Vloggers/video streamers. Once Youtube had much of the traffic and Ad revenue sharing. All the other sites got left in the dust. And vloggers got lazy and only used one outlet. So now some of the more political Vloggers are now in a bind cause their channels are getting stealth locked out, and their views are worthless if they can monetize them.

Even PHil Defranco is feeling the pinch and He's been with Youtube since they started.

I'm shocked at the amount of people here supporting ISIS on YouTube. Sickos!

Google has gone further. They've banned GAB.AI off their app store. While you can still download the app seperately, casual users who rely on the app store to DL their apps easily will no longer see GAB.

Are they gonna demonetize and age restrict the young turks with all it's F bombs and non FCC-compliance?

To me, I don't see how it matters. They didn't specifically ask for a gay themed cake. They just wanted to buy a cake.

They were denied the purchase of such simply based on the fact that they were gay (discrimination), not because they were asking for a gay themed product.

How it came about they were gay is anyone's guess. And it doesn't matter.

The government shouldn't punish citizens for not making cake. There were thousands of places those people could have gotten cake from. They were being bullies.

I hope you apply your logic to Muslims. Muslims should have to provide gay cakes and pulled pork at weddings too.

The Left is the most intolerant and is the most censoring political side.

Hopefully there is a freedom loving non leftist that starts a platform to counter youtube.

lol as if anyone on the right has the brains to do that

I try to avoid Google-owned services due to my own privacy concerns but when I watch Youtube I have adblocker enabled anyway.

The US needs monopoly reform. Google and Amazon are cannibalistic monsters destroying the internet.

lol as if anyone on the right has the brains to do that

It would take about an hour to create a Youtube clone. It would take a trillion dollars to promote it to the same cultural monopoly status. Consumer stupidity is a far greater factor than engineering brilliance.

???

18581278_940723732735316_2951510214530039808_n.jpg

Off topic but does she have a "10" face???

I can't see a flaw here.

Youtube Protects the Young Turks, they have a deal with them
They certainly do.

Does anyone know if they'll be at least age restricting videos based on swears that are only allowed in R movies?

Or is this action based on message of videos only?

They are a private company and can do whatever they want. As long as they aren't persecuting protected classes, they have done nothing wrong. People can go find another platform to host their videos.

Back