Update On UFC TV Negotiations: FOX, ESPN, Turner and NBC all interested.

Did we ever figure out if each one bought in as a % holder or was it something similar to valued shares for a nontraded company?

It was an extremely minor amount
WME offered it to people they work with
I doubt any were even close to $1m each
Unless @Myrddin Wild can find a link
I'm spent doing 6 bylines in one day & prepping for a pretty big piece on UFC/Unionizing

Or settle for half-value while your paid posters on the internet sing songs of praise and worship
Ahh the old paid poster stichk. If you know where I can get some of that money let me know. I don't get a damn cent and I am one of the biggest supporters of their excellent business practices (for the most part)

Update On UFC TV Negotiations

As a follow-up to his first interview in October regarding UFC TV negotiations, FrankieNYC did a Q&A with members of the Sherdog and MMA Community forums, regarding new information on the UFC television negotiations.

Special props to @Myrddin Wild & others for the great Q's

Cliffs:
Latest Fox offer is $250m (upped 2x in 5 months)
NBC & Fox are front runners with ESPN & Turner interested (to varying degrees)
Why networks are bidding more for a product with declining interest .
UFC's asking price of $450 was never realistic & declining ratings certainly hurt bidding.

Thanks for sharing, good conversation in that article. It's a strong product with a dedicated fan base.

ESPN callz it "a small Ownership stake" (quarter mill minimum investment) but they go on to say that the details were not disclosed. Dana callz it an "ownership group."
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ncy-wme-img-enlists-celebrity-group-investors
Interesting. I wonder if it is similar to what Facebook did back in the day. They used to give out shares to people (like David Choe) that were essentially worthless as the company had no value. When they went public these people got paid massively, david got 200M. So for a simple 250k these celebrities could all get massive payments if they ever go public.

Ah yes, the mandatory "UFC is dying" thread that regenerates for us once or twice a week ever since the UFC has been having record breaking years. :rolleyes:

Should watch this interview:

Has a hard on for 'UFC vs Boxing' and is adamant the UFC/MMA is dying.

B-b-b-b-...ut.. people on Sherdog said UFC is dying and a shit product.. and..and FOX doesn't want that garbage anymore...

ww..w.w...wwhata???

The sport is not “dying” but general interest has definitely declined a lot in the past several years. I am not going anywhere but personally i used to have huge fight parties with 50-100 people joining in and nowadays i would be lucky to get 5 so yeah times have changed.

The UFC should be thrilled they got offered 250 million for the product they put on lately on fox shows

They are "interested" in them like Amazon is "interested" in Rite Aid. Huge companies are interested in a lot of things.

Get Alibaba on the phone and then I may care.

You realize that was never the true goal right? You always start high then settle in the middle.

Funny how Amazon did the exact opposite is now a giant. lol. They start low. And are still low. So is walmart. Notice a pattern?

The UFC is at the bottom and should take whatever anyone gives them and consider themselves lucky.

Interesting. I wonder if it is similar to what Facebook did back in the day. They used to give out shares to people (like David Choe) that were essentially worthless as the company had no value. When they went public these people got paid massively, david got 200M. So for a simple 250k these celebrities could all get massive payments if they ever go public.
That would be a hell of a deal if the UFC went public & got it's own ticker. They better hurry up before ticker "UFC" is taken :D - All ready got UFC.V (Urbanfund Corp) & UFCS (united fire group)

This is a little too dismissive IMO.

"
A: A company that just had three record-breaking profit years is the exact opposite of dying. I suggest you stop listening to whomever told you that they are dying, because parroting that is just silly.

Interest in viewership has certainly gone down in the past few years and that needs to be addressed to an extent, but there is no panic necessary."

They had a unicorn like Conor driving this which doesnt come along every day. Both in the Octagon and in the ring he drove massive PPV and carried UFC on his back while every other form of viewership PPV and TV is down big time. Then you have slashing staff which accounts for record profit but has effected quality giving an inferior product which is probably why ratings are down. Vulture capitalists also have record breaking years too then leave a shell of a company they took over. I don't go as far as to say dying that's just ridiculous, UFC is like NFL its the ubiquitous brand for this sport and MMA would have to totally fail for it to fail - but i do think they will need some serious adjustment to get those good numbers like 2009-2010.

Excellent post
I briefly discussed an IPO on here a few times, but that is not my wheelhouse so I am limited in that context.
but it is certainly a possibility

That would be a hell of a deal if the UFC went public & got it's own ticker. They better hurry up before ticker "UFC" is taken :D - All ready got UFC.V (Urbanfund Corp) & UFCS (united fire group)

That wording makes it seem like the UFC heart is dying ... PUN?
;)

UFC went public & got it's own ticker
That wording makes it seem like the UFC heart is dying ... PUN?
;)
UFC is dying :oops:

A5rqBQH.jpg

Funny but Kimmel & Conan have small ownership stakes & they do shit.
I don't understand the 20 or so celebs that have financial interest in UFC doing absolutely shit to promote it.

@Myrddin Wild had a list the other day
5 of ufc.
im sure those celebs own.000000000000000001 % of ufc.

if like how usher owns some of the atl hawks or Justin timberlick with Memphis

jayz owned .01 of the nets and all he did was sit court side.

Update On UFC TV Negotiations

As a follow-up to his first interview in October regarding UFC TV negotiations, FrankieNYC did a Q&A with members of the Sherdog and MMA Community forums, regarding new information on the UFC television negotiations.

Special props to @Myrddin Wild & others for the great Q's

Cliffs:
Latest Fox offer is $250m (upped 2x in 5 months)
NBC & Fox are front runners with ESPN & Turner interested (to varying degrees)
Why networks are bidding more for a product with declining interest .
UFC's asking price of $450 was never realistic & declining ratings certainly hurt bidding.
Plenty of bidders is a good sign.

So much for UFC is dying.

Been a fan for number of years now. Please stfu with this fucking "UFC is dying" meme. Its bs.

Back