Update On UFC TV Negotiations: FOX, ESPN, Turner and NBC all interested.

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update On UFC TV Negotiations

As a follow-up to his first interview in October regarding UFC TV negotiations, FrankieNYC did a Q&A with members of the Sherdog and MMA Community forums, regarding new information on the UFC television negotiations.

Special props to @Myrddin Wild & others for the great Q's

Cliffs:
  • Latest Fox offer is $250m (upped 2x in 5 months)
  • NBC & Fox are front runners with ESPN & Turner interested (to varying degrees)
  • Why networks are bidding more for a product with declining interest .
  • UFC's asking price of $450 was never realistic & declining ratings certainly hurt bidding.

Last edited:
Thanx for the shoutout brotha! Was a pleasure for my little contribution~

Great work as alwayz! Thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge

B-b-b-b-...ut.. people on Sherdog said UFC is dying and a shit product.. and..and FOX doesn't want that garbage anymore...

ww..w.w...wwhata???

Thanx for the shoutout brotha! Was a pleasure for my little contribution~

Great work as alwayz! Thanks for keeping us on the cutting edge

Much deserved my man.
You always have good queries.
Some so good, I can't answer lol

B-b-b-b-...ut.. people on Sherdog said UFC is dying and a shit product.. and..and FOX doesn't want that garbage anymore...

ww..w.w...wwhata???
Ah yes, the mandatory "UFC is dying" thread that regenerates for us once or twice a week ever since the UFC has been having record breaking years. :rolleyes:

I resent NBC, but it makes me wonder about the doors that would open. It'd be fun watching Derrick Lewis play Air Hockey with Jimmy Fallon.

I resent NBC, but it makes me wonder about the doors that would open. It'd be fun watching Derrick Lewis playing Air Hockey with Jimmy Fallon.

Funny but Kimmel & Conan have small ownership stakes & they do shit.
I don't understand the 20 or so celebs that have financial interest in UFC doing absolutely shit to promote it.

@Myrddin Wild had a list the other day

Much deserved my man.
You always have good queries.
Some so good, I can't answer lol
Thank you bro... yeah I went pretty deep... & there's no way we can know some of that stuff till the deal gets done... but at least the questionz are there for when the answers do start trickling out. :D

Thank you bro... yeah I went pretty deep... & there's no way we can know some of that stuff till the deal gets done... but at least the questionz are there for when the answers do start trickling out. :D

Oh, I know you will be on my AZZ when the deal gets finalized lol

I resent NBC, but it makes me wonder about the doors that would open. It'd be fun watching Derrick Lewis play Air Hockey with Jimmy Fallon.

Funny but Kimmel & Conan have small ownership stakes & they do shit.
I don't understand the 20 or so celebs that have financial interest in UFC doing absolutely shit to promote it.

@Myrddin Wild had a list the other day
Here we go...

https://investorplace.com/2016/09/celebrities-ufc-ben-affleck-tom-brady-adam-levine/#.WoVojedG0aE

• Conan O’Brien
  • Ben Affleck
  • Tom Brady
  • Robert Kraft
  • Mark Wahlberg
  • Adam Levine
  • Cam Newton
  • Serena Williams
  • Venus Williams
  • Maria Sharapova
  • The Weeknd
  • Anthony Kiedis
  • Flea
  • Li Na
  • Guy Fieri
  • Calvin Harris
  • LL Cool J
  • Michael Bay
  • Trey Parker
  • Tyler Perry
  • Jimmy Kimmel
  • Rob Dyrdek
  • Sylvester Stallone

Here we go...

https://investorplace.com/2016/09/celebrities-ufc-ben-affleck-tom-brady-adam-levine/#.WoVojedG0aE

• Conan O’Brien
  • Ben Affleck
  • Tom Brady
  • Robert Kraft
  • Mark Wahlberg
  • Adam Levine
  • Cam Newton
  • Serena Williams
  • Venus Williams
  • Maria Sharapova
  • The Weeknd
  • Anthony Kiedis
  • Flea
  • Li Na
  • Guy Fieri
  • Calvin Harris
  • LL Cool J
  • Michael Bay
  • Trey Parker
  • Tyler Perry
  • Jimmy Kimmel
  • Rob Dyrdek
  • Sylvester Stallone
Did we ever figure out if each one bought in as a % holder or was it something similar to valued shares for a nontraded company?

UFC is dying brah
200.gif

I wonder if @FrankieNYC knows about this? Shocking.

You realize that was never the true goal right? You always start high then settle in the middle.

Or settle for half-value while your paid posters on the internet sing songs of praise and worship

Back