Update on CM. Not looking good

Good, fuck that guy

I'll fight the bitch.
1c0.gif

He was literally the only good thing about WWE in the last 10+ years too... Off topic, I know, but when Vince dies, I unironically hope it's a plane crash with Hunter and Steph on board.

These people are responsible for killing the territories, killing the whole business in the US and then killing their own company. It's fucking enraging.

He must have thought MMA was just about gently rolling around and guys standing and banging, asking to get punched and kicked.

I don't watch professional wrestling. I used to in the 80s and loved it. I loved it because I was a kid. I have zero interest in professional wrestling. I do, however, find it interesting the amount of hate CM gets for wanting to fight in the UFC. The only reason he was allowed to in the first place was because he made a name for himself in a different entertainment industry. I don't see why everyone is hating on him. He afforded himself an opportunity to fight in the UFC instead of a lower caliber mma circuit because of his success as an entertainer. I don't think he'll ever defeat a top notch mma opponent, but the fact that people can't recognize that he's at least making an effort to put his fists where his heart is continually baffles me. The guy had a desire and decided to take a chance. Who gives a shit if he shows up and gets his butt beat every chance he gets? At least he's trying. I'd rather watch him fight than several of the UFC's current roster.

He was literally the only good thing about WWE in the last 10+ years too... Off topic, I know, but when Vince dies, I unironically hope it's a plane crash with Hunter and Steph on board.

These people are responsible for killing the territories, killing the whole business in the US and then killing their own company. It's fucking enraging.

What the hell are you babbling about??? The guy who ran the company for 30 years and made it what it is today, ruined it? You do know it's fake right? There's nothing to ruin.... Unless ur a 12 year old who still thinks John Cena or the Undertaker are the baddest dides alive.

*Insert. Itsstillrealtomedamnit.gif

I heard he was fighting Mike Jackson, and I think he's the guy they put in front of sage to make him look good.

I don't watch professional wrestling. I used to in the 80s and loved it. I loved it because I was a kid. I have zero interest in professional wrestling. I do, however, find it interesting the amount of hate CM gets for wanting to fight in the UFC. The only reason he was allowed to in the first place was because he made a name for himself in a different entertainment industry. I don't see why everyone is hating on him. He afforded himself an opportunity to fight in the UFC instead of a lower caliber mma circuit because of his success as an entertainer. I don't think he'll ever defeat a top notch mma opponent, but the fact that people can't recognize that he's at least making an effort to put his fists where his heart is continually baffles me. The guy had a desire and decided to take a chance. Who gives a shit if he shows up and gets his butt beat every chance he gets? At least he's trying. I'd rather watch him fight than several of the UFC's current roster.

Agreed (except for the last sentence).

He tried, he appears to be working hard, and well - it is not working out, but the hate is crazy. IMO it is mainly from people who hate wrestling and want MMA to remain 'pure'.

What the hell are you babbling about??? The guy who ran the company for 30 years and made it what it is today, ruined it? You do know it's fake right? There's nothing to ruin.... Unless ur a 12 year old who still thinks John Cena or the Undertaker are the baddest dides alive.

*Insert. Itsstillrealtomedamnit.gif

Pre WWE, the wrestling business in America was comprised of several territories. This system allowed various promoters to compete with one another. This meant every company was trying to put on the best show they could, with the best wrestlers they could sign and was better for the business, the fans and the wrestlers. Didn't like the pay in Mid South? Try your luck in Florida. Fans are bored of your character in Oregon? Go work in the Carolinas.

When Vince took over the WWWF, he rebranded it the WWF and went on to poach talent from poorer territories and bought up their TV time, killing their distribution model.

With the death of the territories, and WWF supremacy, wrestlers lost their bargaining power. WWF basically did the Walmart strategy in reverse. They outspent everyone until they were all out of business and then replaced everyone's contracts with slave contracts.

WCW came along and challenged them and while WCW didn't do themselves any favours, there was definitely some shady shit going on there at the end. Bischoff had investors lined up for a multi million dollar buyout of WCW, they got rejected, and then Vince bought it for $1M.

With WCW dead, now there was really no competition and Vince stopped trying.

The product now is unadulterated shit and Vince is handing the reigns over to his absolute idiot daughter and son in law.

Back