Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

I watched it. I enjoyed it.

As to how many other people watched, that is not my concern.

tumblr_inline_nfien8IZ4T1s7adp3.gif

These numbers don’t surprise me. It doesn’t mean UFC is dying. Or this fighter or that fighter doesn’t draw. What is dying though, is the PPV model.

This happened in the music industry when torrent sites came around. It happened in the movie industry. It happened to cable. Now it’s happening to PPV’s.

People aren’t going to dish out $65 for something they can get for free. It’s got nothing to do with being poor, it’s just common sense. It’s not like it used to be where you sacrificed HD quality and watched lagging and buffering streams. You can pay $5 a month for perfect HD streaming. . Or so I’ve heard, from a friend of a friend of a friend, who isn’t me.

Definitely not you.

That happens when you screw over fans, let legit contenders walk out and make bs fights

Maybe lower the price a bit??

The UFC is stubborn and wants to keep churning out 12-13 of these a year, at higher prices but less star power than before. With more meaningless belts and a bloated roster that really challenges what it means to be "UFC caliber."

"Bigger than soccer..."

Must have been the new avengers movie... Or cinqo de mayo? Or maybe wildfires?!

It was a really solid card, so this is surprising.

To the fans who said Punk would add 150k buys to the PPV, what say you now?

This isn’t official! Haters gonna hate!
This was the first card I purchase since ronda vs nunes. It had plenty of build up. This had to have sold pretty good.

This was the first card I purchase since ronda vs nunes. It had plenty of build up. This had to have sold pretty good.
Just because you bought it doesn't mean anyone else did.

If it really did 150k, UFC is in trouble.

Why do you care so much? Does the number of buys affect you personally or something?

They basically craped on the early fans giving the casual fans fights they thought they wanted to see... and this is the result. Now Casual fans are walking away, early fans not tuning in anymore.

Well played ufc, well played

bUt CoLbYs heEl aCt iS WoRkInGGgGzg!!!1!1

Have read like 3 different numbers.

It's all fake news until we get proper sources

Back