Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

I really, really can't see this being true. This was a sick card on paper.

Will that be the end of CM punk? seems like any draw he had was a one shot deal. With that and Holm on the main card it really wasn't very stacked was it? probably could have done better with Reem/Blaydes on it instead.

I'm guessing a lot of people probably thought the TV card and fight pass was good enough for a nights viewing and didn't bother with the PPV.

.............................................150k PPV's
<FookIsThatGuy>

LOL that cant be right. Probably one of the best cards we had in awhile on paper.

Will that be the end of CM punk? seems like any draw he had was a one shot deal. With that and Holm on the main card it really wasn't very stacked was it? probably could have done better with Reem/Blaydes on it instead.

I'm guessing a lot of people probably thought the TV card and fight pass was good enough for a nights viewing and didn't bother with the PPV.
CM Punk will still fight. For all we know that this 150K had 100k Punk fans.

Thanks
It was mentioned inside a Conor piece (no wonder I couldn't find it)
I had to do some digging, I can't say I'm surprised but I rooted it out of there.

UFC needs to fix this mess. They need to sign George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Steven Seagal.

CM Punk will still fight. For all we know that this 150K had 100k Punk fans.

Your talking a base level for almost any UFC PPV of course plus a few other big names.

WHat it says as well is that Colby as Chael mk2 hasn't worked so far.

I had to do some digging, I can't say I'm surprised but I rooted it out of there.

I think the way it was just mentioned means Lance was not really fully behind it as a "report" either.
I'll see what comes up (if anything) from Dave overnight as far as very early estimates

Sorry to give you a hard time, you usually post good stuff. I just want whittaker to be a draw...
No I know what you mean, I'm disappointed too. I personally predicted this card would be huge, upwards of 500k, a few posters even heckled me saying it wouldn't get over 300k. Turns out I was way off.

I hate rumors myself, but at least it was initially posted by someone I trust with numbers and then I found the actual source. It could still go up, but Meltzer predicted 213 as 125-150k early like this and it stayed like that.

UFC needs to fix this mess. They need to sign George Cloonery, Brad Pitt, Jean Claude Van Damme, and Steven Seagal.

Floyd seems like the obvious one to me, sign up a load of Glory HW and LHW kickboxers as well, heck maybe buy Glory and use it as a talent farm.

They need to get Whittaker to fight for free once on Fox or something so more people know who he is. He's a great guy and a good fighter and I think more people would be interested in watching his fights if they knew who he was, granted he's still very young and that most likely will change in the future.

No I know what you mean, I'm disappointed too. I personally predicted this card would be huge, a few posters even heckled me saying it wouldn't get over 300k. Turns out I was way off.

I hate rumors myself, but at least it was initially posted by someone I trust with numbers and then I found the actual source. It could still go up, but Meltzer predicted 213 as 125-150k early like this and it stayed like that.
I was at 213 after the cancellation fiasco. That card was great but it sucked on paper.

With those two event numbers, Bobby could be co-headlining very quickly. Hope it isnt true. I will be honest, I didnt buy the card. The order of the bouts didnt make sense financially to purchase it. Overreem and Joe B on the main card would have been a purchase.

Makes no sense. Stacked card with lots of known names.

No way. There were no WMMA headliners and CM Punk and Michael Jackson were on the card for Christ sake.

stop putting chicks in main and co main events...and nobody wants to watch whitaker or romero fight...outside of hardcore fans, nobody knows who they are...no wonder it did terrible...

stop putting chicks in main and co main events...
Holm vs Anderson was neither the main nor co-main event. Holm vs Cyborg was reportedly the third biggest PPV of 2017, too.

Back