Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

I'm looking on the LA Times website & nothing
http://www.latimes.com/sports/

Also - https://twitter.com/latimes

Only thing I can think of is they might be going off of prelim numbers
I am also trying to corroborate what he said, and if the LA times were told, then the official probably spoke to Lance Pugmire, who hasn't said anything about it on twitter yet. And as I said on the first post, since plenty of people clearly haven't read it, if this turns out to be hogwash, I'll delete it myself.

And I guess you didn't read my first post either, saying "Normally, it takes a couple weeks to put these numbers together..."

I know it's a rumor.

All cards on TV and PPV are through the floor. The Ultimate Fighter is through the floor.

Viewership has been a big problem for a while now.

You have a handful of massive tent-pole events with Conor and a small handful of other fighters that do well matching up like Jones x DC, and the rest is completely ignored.

I live in Manhattan and being in a population dense place its easy to see if people are consciously aware of an event, especially a fight. The UFC isn't even on the table. I've been to two large, empty bars to watch PPV events this year.

150k might be wildly inaccurate because its so early, but I'd bet some money its going to be a disappointing number.

Over-saturation of the PPV market, which is a dying breed in itself. Too many PPVs a year, most are shite. Then when there is a big card, people (casuals and hardcores alike) are either exhausted from having to spend money on a card two-three-four weeks ago, or they simply don't care anymore unless it's a Conor/Ronda/Brock fight.

It was a really solid card, so this is surprising.

To the fans who said Punk would add 150k buys to the PPV, what say you now?

well, maybe he did. maybe everyone bought it to watch CM Punk murder Mike Jackson's fists with his face.

I am also trying to corroborate what he said, and if the LA times were told, then the official probably spoke to Lance Pugmire, who hasn't said anything about it on twitter yet. And as I said on the first post, since plenty of people clearly haven't read it, if this turns out to be hogwash, I'll delete it myself.

And I guess you didn't read my first post either, saying "Normally, it takes a couple weeks to put these numbers together..."

I hear you completely & read you completely
Nowhere did I slam you man

He usually sources, but a lot of times he never says they are "early" numbers & reports them as final

Funny that he said #224 was not released yet

They were (to me) & posted here ;)

I hear you completely

He usually sources, but a lot of times he never says they are "early" numbers & reports them as final

Funny that he said #224 was not released yet

They were (to me) & posted here ;)
Found the piece by Pugmire, posted it in the first post.

I wish they'd give me like $10 discount on PPV for having fightpass...

Can't say I'm surprised. WME have no skill at building talent (considering they are a talent agency by profession, this is concerning).

I know it's a rumor.
Sorry to give you a hard time, you usually post good stuff. I just want whittaker to be a draw...

That can’t be right.

That was easily the most stacked card of the year.

CM Punk wasn't a draw.

lol ;)

But it is impossible to have a real tally by Wednesday morning

As we saw by SHO with MayMac, final numbers are not in for months

Meltzer reports early "guesstimates" & that usually occurs later than this

uPLM26W.png

How he gets his numbers:
He gets reports from distributors due to his 30 years of covering these things (WWF)
If enough early distributors come in, he will say an early estimate.
Cable & sat co, release numbers according to their accounting schedules.
That is why even SHO waited for final numbers for about 3 months.
As far as internal UFC.com numbers. Those numbers eventually get released & you can get a good estimate of what a fight did by going by the recent released history.
That is why his numbers are always "about" if not exact.

-

I'm looking on the LA Times website & nothing
http://www.latimes.com/sports/

Also - https://twitter.com/latimes

Only thing I can think of is they might be going off of prelim numbers
@Only Here for Attachments conned @FrankieNYC

Back