Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

And that was the best card in quite a while... UFC, you kinda need to stop competing with yourself. It's making ya lose money. I can't imagine that group that bought the UFC in 2016 has made any kind of money with this thing. $4 billion is quite a bit of money to recoup.

Its not like Whittaker is this huge draw. Casuals dont know Whittaker from Adam.

Cm Punk would have been way better off headlining.

Last edited:
Source?

Sorry, I don't trust white belts that joined a few weeks ago..

Source?

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/13/17461102/ufc-report-ufc-225-bombs-less-than-150000-ppv-buys-mma

Hey, remember last week when UFC President Dana White sent Alistair Overeem to the UFC 225 preliminary card because WWE import CM Punk was such a huge pay-per-view (PPV) draw and “The Reem” was not?

If not, let me refresh your memory.

“Listen, when Alistair Overeem sells as many pay-per-views as CM Punk does, we can argue,” White told reporters at last week’s UFC 225 media day.

How Dana must feel

agqBMlF.gif

Source?

Bro, you really typed that out and pressed the 'post reply' button? You think I just got the internet a few weeks ago and am trying to figure out how to gather information or something? Or some stupid belt color other than white means you know something about anything?

Wow, that's kind of low for a very stacked card.

Maybe they should headline a casual frkendly fighters, like what Bellator is doing right now.

Bro, you really typed that out and pressed the 'post reply' button? You think I just got the internet a few weeks ago and am trying to figure out how to gather information or something? Or some stupid belt color other than white means you know something about anything?
You been russled, shook, triggered and on pms... LMAO!!

I actually had a couple friends that said "I'm not buying that shit, CM Punk is on the main card"

So what's your source?

You would have to think that Romero missing weight and the fight not being for the title had something to do with that as well...

Officially writes anyone on that card off as a draw.

Dana should stop burning bridges and get back on the phone to GSP about Diaz. Along with Conor and maybe the return of Jones, they're the only ones that can definitely do big numbers.

I've been saying it for a while. All the bullshit that the UFC fed the public, for short term gain, has rippling effects on the business. Advertising Ronda as the best womens athlete in the world, and saying she was one of the best MMA fighters in the world was bullshit and the public knew it, and if they didn't then, they do now. All the manipulating of the rankings and matchmaking they did with Conor was all bullshit.... Sage.... Paige.... They f*cked with the integrity of the sport, so people stopped trusting them as a sport. Then they pull this stunt with CM Punk on the Main Card over Benavidez, Overeem, Blaydes, etc etc People view it as a circus now.

feel bad for whitaker, but Glad WME learned their lesson about CM Punk

I've been saying it for a while. All the bullshit that the UFC fed the public, for short term gain, has rippling effects on the business. Advertising Ronda as the best womens athlete in the world, and saying she was one of the best MMA fighters in the world was bullshit and the public knew it, and if they didn't then, they do now. All the manipulating of the rankings and matchmaking they did with Conor was all bullshit.... Sage.... Paige.... They f*cked with the integrity of the sport, so people stopped trusting them as a sport.

The increase in price of ppv did not help

This is a new low for WME UFC, I think. Go subscription like WWE and hold 3 superstacked ppvs a year.

Back