CA Limo Driver to Pilot Homemade Rocket to Prove Flat Earth Theory ***Update, Part Deux: He Died***

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://apnews.com/9d8e5e8e9245412a...ket-scientist-plans-to-launch-over-ghost-town

800.jpeg

The countdown to launch creeps closer and there’s still plenty for self-taught rocket scientist “Mad” Mike Hughes to do: Last-second modifications to his vessel. Pick up his flight suit. Leave enough food for his four cats — just in case anything happens.

Hughes is a 61-year-old limo driver who’s spent the last few years building a steam-powered rocket out of salvage parts in his garage. His project has cost him $20,000, which includes Rust-Oleum paint to fancy it up and a motor home he bought on Craig’s List that he converted into a ramp.

His first test of the rocket will also be the launch date — Saturday , when he straps into his homemade contraption and attempts to hurtle over the ghost town of Amboy, California. He will travel about a mile at a speed of roughly 500 mph.

“If you’re not scared to death, you’re an idiot,” Hughes said . “It’s scary as hell, but none of us are getting out of this world alive. I like to do extraordinary things that no one else can do, and no one in the history of mankind has designed, built and launched himself in his own rocket.

“I’m a walking reality show.”

The daredevil/limo driver has been called a little bit of everything over his career — eccentric, quirky, foolhardy. Doesn’t bother him. He believes what he believes, including that the Earth is flat. He knows this thought is a conundrum, given that he’s about to launch himself into the atmosphere.

Down the road, he’s intending to build a rocket that takes him to space, so he can snap a picture and see with his own eyes.

“I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes, whose main sponsor for the rocket is Research Flat Earth. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air, about the certain size of rocket nozzles, and thrust. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.”

This will actually be the second time he’s constructed and launched a rocket. He jumped on a private property in Winkelman, Arizona, on Jan. 30, 2014 , and traveled 1,374 feet. He collapsed after that landing — the G-forces taking a toll — and needed three days to recover.

I predict this man will prove that the Earth is flat and we're all victims of a massive scientific conspiracy that has spanned thousands of years.

I just got on that research flat earth website. Lol at this:

Some believe we are in an enclosed system,
like a peatrie dish with no way out.

“I’m a walking reality show.”

Everything you need to know about the guy.

But that’s not science, that’s just a formula. There’s no difference between science and science fiction.
Yeah, I've always had a sneaking suspicion abut this. Science is fiction.

Right on limo driver dude.

So let me get this right, he is going relatively low altitude launch and expects this to prove earth is flat?

Last edited:
I just got on that research flat earth website. Lol at this:

You're focusing on a misspelling and not the science, man! /s

I just realized he's going to launch himself in that thing.
giphy.gif

So let me get this right, he is going relatively low altitude launch and expects this to proof earth is flat?
yeah, my thought as well. Why not just take a fucking plan that's really high and see the curvature? 35-40,000 feet would show it, yeah?

He may not prove that the earth is flat, but he will prove Darwin right.

Flat Earth is the biggest troll job of our generation. They're the real MVP's.

I respect his resolve. But this won't end well if he actually goes through with it. How does a flat Earther approach rocket science? I guess we will find out soon enough.

So he expects to reach 1,800 feet? Why not go up the Burj Khalifa? Or hike up a mountain?

Idiot.

“I don’t believe in science,” said Hughes

Understand. You don't understand science.

Also this guy is going to die this weekend.

I suspect the Earth will be concave where he lands.

He doesn't believe in science, but he believes in the science that makes his rocket fly. LOL. Dude should spare himself a fiery death and just attach a camera to a balloon and float that fucker up far enough to see the curvature of the earth.

"Mad" Mike the rocket scientist who doesn't believe in science should be considered a complete lunatic who has comedic value and happens to be American.

He should NOT be an considered accurate representation of 50% of Americans.

Amazing times...

Why doesn't he launch from a higher elevation above sea level? Amboy is 627 feet. The average hot air balloon can get to 3,000 feet.

Back