*UPDATE* Chael calls out Rashad on twitter for UFC 167? Rashad responds.

Phil seems tentative at times. I don't think he would handle Chael's pressure well

Wow, you're insane. Chael does to Davis what Rashad did to Davis. Completely embarasses him.

Both Rashad and Chael are faster/more explosive than Davis....I agree with your statement.

Rashad is the tougher fight seeing as Rashad is pretty much a complete fighter. Chael is in danger on the feet...While with Davis...Not so much.

Is everyone still pretending that Wanderlei isn't blatantly ducking Chael??

This Rashad fight makes no sense, Chael wants to fight at MW and everyone wants to finally see Wand v Chael.

Wand can't even start training until January. Chael wants to be on the anniversary show. He doesn't want to wait.

I don't think there's gonna be as much trash talk as people are expecting. Look at Chael's fights with Marquardt, Stann and Shogun. When he really respects a guy he won't say much about him. He'll probably just keep talking shit about Wanderlei leading up to this one.

There will be ZERO trash talk. They're friends. It is an interesting style match up. I'm all for it.

Chael already won the primetime war, can he win the actual fight though?

Last edited:
Oh god, now you are saying that Rashad Evans is a huge step up from SHOGUN? "OK"

That is exactly what I am saying yes. Rashad at this point would light Shogun up so fast and beat him. Shogun doesnt have the gas anymore man, why is this so hard to accept.
Sonnen and Rashad is a very even fight. I give the striking edge to shad, wrestling edge to Sonnen.

Shogun would lose to both Shad and Sonnen *again*

Man mad respect to Chael. He calls out anybody and down to fight any time!

We're in for some awkward Fox broadcasts in the future

Nah. Chael gets along fine with most guys he fights afterwards. His banter with bisping and stann haven't been weird at all. He is like BFF with Okami. If anything, it will probably be more comfortable because they will be able to joke about it.

I like this fight, but it is pretty funny the "call out." It's almost like Chael is asking him on a date.

"Hey Rashad, what are you busy the 17th?"
"Not really"
"well, if you're not busy, maybe, um... we could fight or something?"

nothing but business. They are friends. They will talk shit. They will shake hands and broadcast with stitches together.

Its what the UFC should be. Bring it to the cage.....leave it in the cage

Is everyone still pretending that Wanderlei isn't blatantly ducking Chael??

This Rashad fight makes no sense, Chael wants to fight at MW and everyone wants to finally see Wand v Chael.

Rashad also wants to fight at MW, so if he wins this would give him a lot of heat since Chael is still #3 in most people's minds. Wanderlei has no desire to drop back down to 185 and hence why he fought Franklin at a catchweight and Stann at 205. Chael wants another title shot and a win over Rashad will put him at the top 5 of whichever division he decides to settle in.

Lulz, Chael via foot lock.

ufc_on_fuel_tv_chael_sonnen_licks_rashad_evans_shoe.jpg

For a minute I thought Rashad looked like Michael Straham

qkNoeLq.jpg

This is the furthest thing from a call out. This deal was orchestrated and has been something both fighters have wanted for awhile. They just needed to set this up and now is the perfect opportunity.

Rashad well merk Chael something silly. Rashes will take Chael down at will and heavily win any exchanges.

Back