*UPDATE* Chael calls out Rashad on twitter for UFC 167? Rashad responds.

Rashad accepted

@SugaRashadEvans
@sonnench that looks like a good idea to me! I knew you had something you really wanted to say to me yesterday on the show!

BS44hHCCAAAnJI3.jpg

ibccAF5GvVUKLV.gif

Rashad accepted

@SugaRashadEvans
@sonnench that looks like a good idea to me! I knew you had something you really wanted to say to me yesterday on the show!

Nice! Now let's see if Dana will make it happen.

much better than the Davis fight. Phil would have ragdolled Chael to either a sub or TKO victory.

Another reminder that Dana is full of it. Chael definitely gets PPV points, which is why he's so eager to fight on a card with GSP.

This is an easier fight for Chael.

Phil Davis is too big and powerful, would probably out wrestle Chael.

Rashad is smaller than Chael.....Chael can out wrestle him.

Two of the best talkers in the game. Interesting matchup, i'll take as many Chael fights as I can get, the dude comes to fight.

much better than the Davis fight. Phil would have ragdolled Chael to either a sub or TKO victory.

Sonnen is fighting the guy that ragdolled Davis last year. How do you know Davis would have ragdolled Chael? I think Rashad is the tougher fight anyways. Much better fight overall. With Wand out until January, this fight makes the most sense.

This was brought up a few days as a potential fight. I think it is a great idea because they have good chemistry and can promote it well. Both have been pretty good at shit talking in the past and aren't that far from title contention with 1 or 2 solid wins at LHW or MW. It would be pretty exciting though I'd rather see it as a five rounder than a three rounder since they both like to grind guys out in the first few rounds.

If Chael ain't fighting someone I like who is capable of being a destroyer like Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Vitor, Lyoto, and maybe Shogun or Wanderlei, I'm not really interested in Chael's bouts like possibly vs. Rashad or Phil Davis.

Yeah, its not like Rashad outwrestled Davis when they fought.... :wink:

Davis is more athletic, lankier, taller, longer reach. Davis is also a better pure wrestler. Basically I could see Chael taking down Evans, I have a hard time seeing him take down Davis. And Chael doesn't win if he can't take you down.

Evans is a worse match-up for a lot of people, but for Chael I would take Evans over Davis.

This isn't pure wrestling this is MMA, Phil could barely get the takedowns against Rashad.

Sonnen is fighting the guy that ragdolled Davis last year. How do you know Davis would have ragdolled Chael? I think Rashad is the tougher fight anyways. Much better fight overall. With Wand out until January, this fight makes the most sense.

Rashad has much crisper striking and has a bit more energy coming out of the gate. Phil tends to hang back and get a feel for his opponent before he starts attacking with the takedowns. It will be interesting to see how both Chael and Rashad approach each other in the first round.

This is the fight I want. Do it!

Is everyone still pretending that Wanderlei isn't blatantly ducking Chael??

This Rashad fight makes no sense, Chael wants to fight at MW and everyone wants to finally see Wand v Chael.

I don't think there's gonna be as much trash talk as people are expecting. Look at Chael's fights with Marquardt, Stann and Shogun. When he really respects a guy he won't say much about him. He'll probably just keep talking shit about Wanderlei leading up to this one.

Rashad's been also really hesitant lately which plays to Chael's strength of constant pressure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back