All Things XFL: A new promotional video says XFL will relaunch in 2022

When the XFL launches in February, in which of the following will you partake?

• Watching games on television

Votes: 45 56.3%
  • Attending live games

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Buying merchandise

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Asking local sports bars to show games

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 29 36.3%

• Total voters
Should sign Kaep

<36>

I suspect the league will have a no-kneeling clause, so I doubt he will sign with the XFL. I am surprised the CFL hasn't picked up Kaep though. He probably won't kneel for their anthem.

Kaep probably doesn't want to play anymore.

Earn $5mil a year risking CTE and other catastrophic injuries or make $6mil being a focal point of a Nike ad campaign?

I know which I'd pick.

I like how they put DC and LA in MLS stadiums. A smaller fuller stadium is the way to go for these games.

Wish they would have put a team in the Bay Area instead of LA

Green Bay should become an XFL team with how shitty their roster is

Ive come to the conclusion that Vince and Dick Ebersol are actually in business together in the new football business
They launched this plan together during the recent XFL documentary and now theyre working a long term storyline to build fan interest

XFL still has name value you let Ebersols AAF launch one year earlier to run unopposed and build up a name for itself
Its not a coincidence that theyre not running any of the same cities

After the AAF runs a season by itself, the XFL launches and now you got two leagues running so its only natural that comparisons will be made

At the end of the season you have two champions both claiming theyre the best so of course people start to wonder who would win that hypothetical fantasy match up

You let that play out for a year or two to build up fan and media interest and then the challenge is made, the stakes are laid and the game is played

AAF VS XFL for all the marbles pal!

The fans rejoice, the media gets new stories to write about, the networks get a ratings bonanza and Vince and Dick get all the money and glory

Its the perfect crime

Ive come to the conclusion that Vince and Dick Ebersol are actually in business together in the new football business
They launched this plan together during the recent XFL documentary and now theyre working a long term storyline to build fan interest

XFL still has name value you let Ebersols AAF launch one year earlier to run unopposed and build up a name for itself
Its not a coincidence that theyre not running any of the same cities

After the AAF runs a season by itself, the XFL launches and now you got two leagues running so its only natural that comparisons will be made

At the end of the season you have two champions both claiming theyre the best so of course people start to wonder who would win that hypothetical fantasy match up

You let that play out for a year or two to build up fan and media interest and then the challenge is made, the stakes are laid and the game is played

AAF VS XFL for all the marbles pal!

The fans rejoice, the media gets new stories to write about, the networks get a ratings bonanza and Vince and Dick get all the money and glory

Its the perfect crime

No chance. These leagues are not working together.
  • Dick Ebersol is not publicly involved in the AAF. It is his son Charlie Ebersol that is rushing the creation of the AAF a year before the XFL to undermine the XFL.
  • 16 teams is too many. The AAF and XFL only serve to hurt one another, as they are cutting into each other's talent pool and potential revenue. Most people view signing primarily just the NFL cuts scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is. There isn't enough interest in our saturated sports market to keep 16 teams running right now. Conventional wisdom is a more gradual start.
  • Both the XFL and the AAF will accumulate tens of millions of debt in their first seasons, but the XFL has deeper pockets to survive longer. Why would the XFL want to absorb the debt of the AAF's eight teams instead of gradual expansion (if expansion is called for at all)?

No chance. These leagues are not working together.
  • Dick Ebersol is not publicly involved in the AAF. It is his son Charlie Ebersol that is rushing the creation of the AAF a year before the XFL to undermine the XFL.
  • 16 teams is too many. The AAF and XFL only serve to hurt one another, as they are cutting into each other's talent pool and potential revenue. Most people view signing primarily just the NFL cuts scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is. There isn't enough interest in our saturated sports market to keep 16 teams running right now. Conventional wisdom is a more gradual start.
  • Both the XFL and the AAF will accumulate tens of millions of debt in their first seasons, but the XFL has deeper pockets to survive longer. Why would the XFL want to absorb the debt of the AAF's eight teams instead of gradual expansion (if expansion is called for at all)?
I'll be expecting an apology when they merge in 3 years

I'll be expecting an apology when they merge in 3 years
The AAF will not last more than 2 years. It will be a money pit operating in so many small shit markets. The XFL is on a different level. It's a really odd conspiracy theory suggesting they will never merge. It will never happen.

He should make the age limit 18 so that it could compete with College football and make it a feeder league to the NFL, similar to minor league baseball, NBA D- League. There's a chance it could work with the growing concern of college athletes not getting paid, seeing as it will be a pro-league.

Competing with the NFL is just a dumbass idea.

He should make the age limit 18 so that it could compete with College football and make it a feeder league to the NFL, similar to minor league baseball, NBA D- League. There's a chance it could work with the growing concern of college athletes not getting paid, seeing as it will be a pro-league.

Competing with the NFL is just a dumbass idea.

"Competing" with the NFL in what sense? Most of the players will be the NFL's pre-season cuts.

"Competing" with the NFL in what sense? Most of the players will be the NFL's pre-season cuts.
That will be an issue. He should look at getting players right out of high school. No one wants to watch a league of NFL Rejects. Same reason why no one gives a shit about the CFL.

Which is why if he's smart, he'd lower the age limit. Many of the top requites are probably getting paid anyway, but at least people wouldn't have to deal with the NCAAs bullshit.

That will be an issue. He should look at getting players right out of high school. No one wants to watch a league of NFL Rejects. Same reason why no one gives a shit about the CFL.

Which is why if he's smart, he'd lower the age limit. Many of the top requites are probably getting paid anyway, but at least people wouldn't have to deal with the NCAAs bullshit.

No one want to watch players right out of high school. Even NFL rejects could school high school football players.

No one wants to watch the CFL because its a different game, and it's north of the border.

No one want to watch players right out of high school. Even NFL rejects could school high school football players.

Really? Why do you think college football gets such high ratings? Is it a Russian hacking scheme?

No one wants to watch the CFL because its a different game, and it's north of the border.

So most of the CFL players come out of Canada? :D

I'm definitely going to 1st xfl game in Houston. Been meaning to check out the new cougars football stadium.

Really? Why do you think college football gets such high ratings? Is it a Russian hacking scheme?

Because people have ties to the university. There is a built in fan base (current students, former students, and student relatives). You put a bunch of high school seniors in a "professional" football league, and no one is going to check in because they have better shit to do.

So most of the CFL players come out of Canada? :D

No, but their teams are based there and they contribute to the economy of Canadian markets, not American markets. People tend to root for "the home team" for a reason.

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to 1st xfl game in Houston. Been meaning to check out the new cougars football stadium.

Whatever they call the team in Houston, I think it would be cool if they used the same uniform colors as the Oilers.

Back