(Update 02/14/2017)Path of Exile expansion announced, Fall of Oriath

Its about time i get back into this game soon, just dont know if i can play through the atory over and over and over again.

Have they implemented anything like D3 has yet? Where I could just go off and do random things to level?

Its about time i get back into this game soon, just dont know if i can play through the atory over and over and over again.

Have they implemented anything like D3 has yet? Where I could just go off and do random things to level?

maps? That is how you level in POE.. not story mode.

maps? That is how you level in POE.. not story mode.

Can you level 1-? Off maps? I remember they were for leveling past a certain level.

Unless your counting farming story maps like docks and stuff.

I just found leveling in PoE a chore for some reason. Went through leveling about 15-20 toons to around 80 or so and never wanted to touch it again.

Can you level 1-? Off maps? I remember they were for leveling past a certain level.

Unless your counting farming story maps like docks and stuff.

I just found leveling in PoE a chore for some reason. Went through leveling about 15-20 toons to around 80 or so and never wanted to touch it again.

Yeah you still have to do that. The forced story mode sucks, but that is how most games are. That is one thing D3 finally got right.

Keeping a stack of leveling gear on hand and knowing what to buy sure shortens the leveling process

I want to play more POE but my group moved on, I got fallout, HOTS, mgsv, whatever pvp games I'm into. It's hard to make room.

I play the stupid game too much, have 3 accounts with all level 8 masters (2 with a bunch of extra stash tabs)... tons of great gear and around a dozen characters 80-92, plus a bunch of lower level ones too.

I play the stupid game too much, have 3 accounts with all level 8 masters (2 with a bunch of extra stash tabs)... tons of great gear and around a dozen characters 80-92, plus a bunch of lower level ones too.

I started amassing gear and higher lvl toons, then I started playing seasons. I liked it, but it started wearing on me to level a toon through the same ole same ole.

I think I started back up for a day or two when masters came out, then quit again. I think I should start again though just to mess around. Will download on Steam.

Has gameplay changed much since Masters? Anything better or worse?

Damn already? The Awakening was only a few months ago.

I'll check it out. This game broke me, I'm not hardcore enough to beat Atziri. Too much energy involved. I tried to start a new character recently and the interest just wasn't there anymore.

Just tried, can't do it.

PoE had the edge when D3 was going through an overhaul, but now I can't touch PoE.

They need to mash the two games together IMO...

I kinda enjoyed POE but only played hardcore, my interest waned when I'd open a random chest and die instantly to some reflect/magic monster. It was just stupid imo no time to react, open chest and dead.

Damn already? The Awakening was only a few months ago.

I'll check it out. This game broke me, I'm not hardcore enough to beat Atziri. Too much energy involved. I tried to start a new character recently and the interest just wasn't there anymore.

I havent even tried her since awakening, the one character I had that could do her easily (92 TS ranger, 20/20 all gems, 6l crafted harby) pretty much got bricked by the patch. I lost like 1k hp and resist cap from the skilltree changes, even going with a defense oriented spec I still lost 500 hp and pretty much every hard hitting enemy one shots me... just nonsense. I may try her with my CI 100% chaos incinerate witch when I get a few more levels on my gems since I just converted them to 20q with the vendor recipe.

I havent even tried her since awakening, the one character I had that could do her easily (92 TS ranger, 20/20 all gems, 6l crafted harby) pretty much got bricked by the patch. I lost like 1k hp and resist cap from the skilltree changes, even going with a defense oriented spec I still lost 500 hp and pretty much every hard hitting enemy one shots me... just nonsense. I may try her with my CI 100% chaos incinerate witch when I get a few more levels on my gems since I just converted them to 20q with the vendor recipe.

Yeah man I remember you talking about it in the other thread. I'd say it's a point in POE's favour that the game has something really difficult to shoot for at the end. The last character I took to a high level had a really easy time of everything up until Act 4 Merciless. The difficulty spike is harsh. And like the other guy said, starting fresh does get repetitive.

And I had almost levelled my three masters to max, lol I'm going to regret not doing daily missions should I ever jump back in the game.

Just tried, can't do it.

PoE had the edge when D3 was going through an overhaul, but now I can't touch PoE.

They need to mash the two games together IMO...

That's where I'm at too. The combat is just too simplistic and leveling feels like a chore. There's no "just one more" feeling to keep your interest.
Will definitely give this a try though. I've always preferred PoEs aesthetics.

Atlas of worlds expansion this Friday along with a new "essence" league. It looks as though they have made some modifications to the end game map system which is cool because around t13 maps is where the grind became too much for me in the past and I lost interest.

It's been a while since I've played so I actually still have all the ascendancy content to get through as well.

Any one else starting up again in the new league?

I kinda enjoyed POE but only played hardcore, my interest waned when I'd open a random chest and die instantly to some reflect/magic monster. It was just stupid imo no time to react, open chest and dead.
I don't mean to sound like a dick but that is 100% you giving up too soon. I only play HC leagues and one of the first things you learn in HC is to id your chests before you pop them and actually know how to handle what is coming. I'm sure pretty much everyone who has played HC has had their first wipe due to this. The whole point of HC is to be punished like this and learn from it.

The deaths due to lag are the ones that are really bullshit!

Back