Upcoming one fc event in Indonesia is canceled

But they just had another large investor get on board, and are planning 30 events in 2018. They are the largest MMA organization in the history of Asia, and have hundreds of millions of dollars to grow their brand. Why would they cancel tons of events if they had so much money, influence, and backing?

Sorry, I can't keep typing, I think I'm about to explode from extreme sarcasm buildup.

That sucks. Hopefully they have something planned before the China event. Any idea why Vera or Roger Gracie never defend their titles?

That sucks. Hopefully they have something planned before the China event. Any idea why Vera or Roger Gracie never defend their titles?
because there is no competition at those weights?

But they just had another large investor get on board, and are planning 30 events in 2018. They are the largest MMA organization in the history of Asia, and have hundreds of millions of dollars to grow their brand. Why would they cancel tons of events if they had so much money, influence, and backing?

Sorry, I can't keep typing, I think I'm about to explode from extreme sarcasm buildup.
Real shame for the fighters on these events, they are missing out on being viewed by billions worldwide

They should hire someone that can manage their business properly

investors provide money, and give guidance on how they want the money spent, they don't buy all the tickets or influence 'logistical issues'

Been a while since they canceled an event. Guess they were due.

One fc is all talk lol. They said some shit they beat UFC in Asia, no shit that beat UFC in Asia, UFC goes to Asia 2-4 times a year only. One fc gotta step their game up. They said their holding 30 events in 2018? Don't be fkin surprise if they lie lol.

Come on man, even if their divisions are shallow surely they can find a person willing to fight for a world title.

i am sure they can find someone aswell.

but what are those titles worth if they let them defend those titles against no name cans?

this just proves those titles are worth absolutely nothing.

i am sure they can find someone aswell.

but what are those titles worth if they let them defend those titles against no name cans?

this just proves those titles are worth absolutely nothing.
So you knew about Eduard Folayang and Aung La Nsang before they became ONE champs? I dont consider fighters cans because Im not aware of them. Everyone deserves a shot at glory if they earn it.

So you knew about Eduard Folayang and Aung La Nsang before they became ONE champs? I dont consider fighters cans because Im not aware of them. Everyone deserves a shot at glory if they earn it.
Folayang fought his way up in the One FC rankings as did N Sang so these guys earned / deserved a shot at those titles but lets not pretend like N Sang is a elite fighter. entertaining and somewhat decent fighter yes but nowhere near the top 25 in his weightclass. Folayang is actually verry decent but still i dont consider him elite by any means.

One has nearly to no fighters at LHW and HW and the guys that they do have are currently not competing and are not even considerd top 25 material by any means so there is not a soul who really deserves a titleshot at this point. Not that those titles mean anything anyway.

Last edited:
Folayang fought his way up in the One FC rankings as did N Sang so these guys earned / deserved a shot at those titles but lets not pretend like N Sang is a elite fighter. entertaining and somewhat decent fighter yes but nowhere near the top 25 in his weightclass. Folayang is actually verry decent but still i dont consider him elite by any means.

One has nearly to no fighters at LHW and HW and the guys that they do have are currently not competing and are not even considerd top 25 material by any means so there is not a soul who really deserves a titleshot at this point. Not that those titles mean anything anyway.
Thats what I was saying. They can find people to fight and build their divisions like they did with Eduard and Nsang.

Thats what I was saying. They can find people to fight and build their divisions like they did with Eduard and Nsang.
Lowyens tynanes, idk how to spell his name, deserves a title shot. He has a victory over foloyang alreadyy btw.

Lowyens tynanes, idk how to spell his name, deserves a title shot. He has a victory over foloyang alreadyy btw.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for him. I wish ONE did more in the way of marketting. There isnt much exposure to them from my part of the world, other than the internet.

yes but worldwide there is more and better competition at the lower weights. this means that One can attract lots of talent for those divisions even if they arent asian because these guys cant make it in their own region for whatever reason.

any somewhat decent heavyweight prospect will be picked up by bigger or regional orgs because they all need heavyweights ( even the ufc ) and on top of that there arent many Asian heavyweights around.

Last edited:
yes but there is more and better competition at the lower weights. any somewhat decent heavyweight prospect will be picked up by bigger orgs.
Agree with you there... SEA tends to have more lighter weight fighters per capita. I just figured they could find some Russian/European/ freak asian or Australasian fighters to get the divisions moving.

Agree with you there... SEA tends to have more lighter weight fighters per capita. I just figured they could find some Russian/European/ freak asian or Australasian fighters to get the divisions moving.
i just edited my post to explain why heavyweights are so hard to come by.

the few heavyweight prospects from europe will be picked up by european shows and if they are really promising they will be signed by either Bellator or the ufc. at this point i think the only real hope for a decent heavyweight will be from the middle east or asia but those are few.

i personally think One should focus on the smaller weightclasses as there more then enough talent worldwide to use.

they should drop lhw and hw imo

Back