Unstoppable

modena1983

I
@purple
Reaction score
Well i decided to start a log to keep myself honest. I will give some details and background etc.

Background
I am fat. No seriously i am fat. I started to get fat when i was young, my dad encouraged me to be active and lose weight but i didn't and so now i am fat. I don't want to be fat duh. I don't play sports, i hate sports except mma or live hockey(no tv hockey).

Training Background
I have been training for almost 2 years. Unfortunately most of it has been bodybuilding crap. I started with HIT made great newb gains, lost 25 or so pounds. Started incorporating more real strength stuff but still bb crap. Stalled, and am still weak. I think that my bb style training has hindered my progress as it is not conducive to real strength only aesthetics. So i quit that junk, to be honest i wasn't squatting until the last 6 months, ya ya i know.

Current training
Bill starr 5x5, nuff said. YMCA north branch, columbus.

Diet
Its okay. It could be better, but i am super picky so its kind of hard. I didn't eat chicken until recently. I don't eat pork (except bacon), i don't eat turkey, i don't most other meats, just beef and some chicken and a little tuna. Veggies are okay brocolli, grean beans, corn carrots thats about it. I try to eat 3000 calories of below, witht he bulk of them coming from protein and complex carbs. I usually get between 260 or more grams of protein. I have a real weakness for burgers, especially the baconator (damn you wendy's!!!)

Stats
i weigh 288 and am 6 foot 1.
max bench- 175(though it may be more that was 4 weeks ago)
max squat- dunno
max Deadlift- 175 kilos ( i deadlift in kilos)

Updates
Max bench-205
Max Squat-245
Max Dead-419
Total-869

Goals
max bench 225 by years end? Fail
max squat 225+ by years end? Met!
max deadlift 405+ by years end. Met!
body weight under 270. met! (hit 185 on 2/12/2010) Currently 220-225 ish

long term
max bench 350+ i dunno not big on benching
max squat 400+
max deadlift 500+
bodyweight 220 no plus.

thats all.

Update:
6'0''
225lbs

Current Maxs
Squat -300, 185 x20
Bench- 215 *(butt not on bench), 185 x5
Dead- 405
Press-120lbs.
Push Jerk-190lbs.

Goals 2010
Squat 375-385
Bench 250lbs
Dead 440
Press 140
Push Jerk 225
BW-230-233

Last edited:
Week 1, workout 1

Bench
95x5
115x5
135x5
145x5
160x5

Squat
125x5x2 (realized this was to easy)
135x5x3

Dynamic Row
80kg x5x5

there it is yes my squat is weak.

Random thoguht of the day
The fighter jimmy abriz (sp?) has massive traps,i mean huge, the are not proportionate with the rest of him, i picture his workout consits of shrugs and more shrugs. Dunno jsut looks funny.

weighed my self today 285.6 lbs.
My diet is coming back around so thats good. I figured i would add in what supplements i am on since i forgot it int he first post. Fish oil, glucosamine, bcaa, multi, NO booster (figured i would try one), lipo 6x, b complex. Thats about it.

Correct King.

Good workout, hard, difficult.

MP
85x5x4

Deadlift
130kgx5x5 Very very draining wow! 7 minute rest for last set

Squat
115x5x5

Pull ups
I suck 2x2

DB Shrugs
65x6x4

Diet was okay, Protein shake and light wheat toast with natty pb for breakfast, protein bar and milk for snack, chicken breast and green beans for lunch, pre workout shake, post workout shake and then for dinner.........Failure......triple whopper plain with A1, large fry (1660 calories, 73 grams of protein wow ouch). i know i know.

Supps- multi, fish oil, gc, NO, BCAA

Random thought of the day is ...... I can't stand that damn Fred Richart, his voice his commercials it all sucks. Its an ohio thing.

On a side note the day after the thursday workout, i feel like Mark McGwire broke a bat across my back wow. Also i think 8 weeks from now doing a 5x5 with 170 kilos is going to be INTENSE! seeing as thats super close to my current max. I assume everyone else gets to this point also?

Good luck on the weight loss. As a fellow fat ass I know how hard it is to lose weight.

Thanks guns.

TOdays workout sucked, only cuz i failed on my top set of bench. My squat form wasn't that great either. I think its due to the long weekend with little sleep. I missied saturdays workout and just went on to the next monday workout. any who here goes.

Bench
105x5
125x5
145x5
155x5
170x0 i suck!:redface: I will search for the answer also but what exactly do you do when you fail program wise? what weight for my tops et next week?

Squat
155x5x5 the last set especially was rough, a guy shrugging nearby commented that i would hurt myself squatting that way. I bent forward to much me thinks. This is why my lower back is sometimes sore after squatting. I need to conciously focus on this as my third set was fine and i was focusing here.

Dynamic Rows
85kgx5x5 felt good, kinda east actually

Diet wise i ate terrible all weekend cuz it was vacation time, so iate however i wanted, i will spare the gorey details though.

Random thought- Today int he gym a random young guy( young is meant in a relative way as i myself am 25) was claiming to his friend that he had squatted 675. Looking at the guy this looked impossible, i could not clearly see his legs but i would say he was full of it. I wanted toa sk him to simply squat 495 since he shoudl be able to get that easy but i did not. oh well.

sherdog screwed up and my psot wasn't appearing so i made a new one and after i made the new the old one appeared. oh well

Good workout today. Ate pretty good too.

SOHP
90lbs. x5x4

Deadlift
135kg x5x5 this was rough grip wise on the last two sets.

Squat
135lbs. x5x5

Pull up
decided to end workout, exhausted. Will just do negatives next time for 5x5.

Food wise i did pretty good. Breakfast was protein shake, three pieces of light wheat toast with natty pb, mid morning snack is protein bar and v8, another snack of yogurt, tuna and brown rice for lunch, yogurt again for a snack then a pwo protein shake. Dinner was mashed tatoes and meatloaf( I love my wife mmmmmm). Cottage cheese before bed.

Random thought of the day is that nonfat non sweetened unflavored yogurt tastes TERRIBLE!!!! I need to sweeten it and add flavor ugh. Oh and i got the Fedor book yesterday, awesome book, features his own real techniques not generic techniques that he demonstrates.

No one really answered my question in above post so i still search for the answer.

good workout again.

Bench
145lb. x5x5 obviously goin up next week prolly to 150.

Squat
85x5
100x5
120x5
140x5
165x5 pr:redface: Form was good on all sets, kept back straight and did not lean at all. 165 was somewhat rough especially last rep but overall okay.

Dynamic Rows
85kgx5x5

Shrugs
65(in each hand)x8x5 gonna go up to 70s next week this will be a new pr:redface:

Nutrition
ok. saturday is always cheat day so i had some pizza, hamburger helper for dinner along with cheesey hashbrown casserole mmmm:icon_chee
Gonna run out of my ON whey protein in next three days DOH! maybe try something else maybe not kinda poor at the moment,.

Random thought
Kimbo must have been fighting bums with no power cuz as soon as he fought someone that was b level he got crushed as if he had a glass chin. I think we can but kimbo the myth on snopes.com as False

Bench
85x5
100x5
120x5
140x5
165x5 did those easy enough that i probably should have topped at 170.

Squat
155x5x5
form was good on all sets, concentrating on form has helped dramatically. Lower back is less sore after squatting.

Dynamic Rows
85kg x5x5 this was an accident, will be doing 90kg on saturday, should have done it today but messed up.

Workout felt good, had a sharp pain in the rhomboid area but it did not effect my workout.

Nutrition was good today protein shake and three pieces of wheat toast with natty pb for breakfast. Protein bar for snack 1 tuna for snack 2. Lunch was one boil in bag bag of brown rice can of whole kernel corn and chicken breast. Cottage cheese for pre wo snack (runnin low on protein buying more tomoroow. PWO shake, hamburger helper for dinner. Unfortuantely no cottage cheese before bed cuz i am poor and get paid tomorrow, will drink shake before bed i guess.

Happy to have seen kimbo go down this weekend, thank you seth.:icon_lol:

SOHP
95x5x4 on the first to sets i leaned back to much oputting undue stres on my lower back, fixed it for last two sets.

Deadlift
137.5kgx5x5 at first grip was an issue then i chalked up and BAM! no issue

Squat
135x5x5 knees are sore, not from squating its from crawling on my knees to set the rack to lift cars, my knees on concrete plus my fatness equals sore knees. Anyone think knee wraps are a good idea? do they help? form was really good here save for a single rep. just noticed i should have went up here, did not have my log as i left it in my car which had to go to the shop because a power steering line busted, covered under warranty though:icon_chee.

Decided i am skipping chins all together, will add them in to the next phase. I simply cannot do them yet.

Definitely feeling an increase in strength, and i am not very far in, i like this alot.

Haven't weighted myself lately, and i do not think i will until the end of this cycle. I need to start loggin my food again meticulously. That way i can stay within my calorie confines and get the proper protein. Today i got 50,23,32,37,36,46 and i don't know for dinner and then 36 grams in my cottage cheese. for a protein count of 228 plus grams which i think is doing okay. calorie wise i am not sure.

Had a random thought but i forgot it, so uh......i like bertolli torelini in tomato cream sauce.

Bench
150x5x5 this was easy.

Squat rack was occupied, so we did rows first
Dynamic rows
90kgx5x5

Squats
95x5
110x5
130x5
150x5
175x5 last rep was a lil ugly overall good though

Shrugs
70lb each x7x4

My random thought is kinda funny.
This young guy who does not normaly lift is there with his buddy who lifts consistently.
The guy who consistently lifts tells the other guy that if he won't finish his work out then he has to unload consistent lifters squat bar 250lbs. Random guys shrugs reluctantly agreeing. He unloads one side, then tips the bar so that had the clip not been on it the plates (****l) would cfrash to the floor making hellacious racket. I watched this and almost died laughung. I am sure all fo the YMCA staff would come running assuming soneone was dead after hearing something like that. Just thought that was a funny attempt at unloading a bar.:icon_lol:

Bench
95x5
115x5
125x5
140x5
170x5 PR

Squat
155x5x5 stayed at the same for this week becuase i feel like i am working at to high a percentage of my max top set on saturday. Form was really good.

Dyanmic rows
95kgx5x5

Started gettin my diet straight today, trying to stay around 2800 calories or less. With more than 200grams of protein. On a side note i had a detour protein bar yessterday and it was awesome. Another sied note is my former boss visited my work today and brought me a box of 12 protein brownies by met rx i think big 100 peanut butter flavor, pretty good but calorie wise the are a lil high at 400 with 30 grams of protein.

Back