Unsigned Light Heavyweights

It saddens me every time I think we could've had a Liam McGeary vs Philipe Lins final if not for that injury. :(

At the moment I would say the main guys they should go after are the winner of Maxim Grishin vs Magomed Ankalaev, Mikhail Mokhnatkin if he beats Fabio, Paul Craig if he wins his next one, and Saparbek Safarov since he dropped out of the Akhmat tournament as well as coming off a good win against Rodney Wallace. Stephan Puetz, Tomasz Narkun , and Jake Butler are guys I would like to see them go after once their contracts are over (Not sure how likely any of those would be though). Of course, I wouldn't mind them snagging a few of the guys from Rizin as well.lol ;) The other guys I would like to see them sign either should pick up a few more wins, or just need to not be as inactive.

Agree - Grishin, Mokhnatkin, Safarov and Craig would be a nice new batch of signings.

It saddens me every time I think we could've had a Liam McGeary vs Philipe Lins final if not for that injury. :(

At the moment I would say the main guys they should go after are the winner of Maxim Grishin vs Magomed Ankalaev, Mikhail Mokhnatkin if he beats Fabio, Paul Craig if he wins his next one, and Saparbek Safarov since he dropped out of the Akhmat tournament as well as coming off a good win against Rodney Wallace. Stephan Puetz, Tomasz Narkun , and Jake Butler are guys I would like to see them go after once their contracts are over (Not sure how likely any of those would be though). Of course, I wouldn't mind them snagging a few of the guys from Rizin as well.lol ;) The other guys I would like to see them sign either should pick up a few more wins, or just need to not be as inactive.
Hopefully we finally get to see that fight. They should make Vassell/Lins for the next shot at the title after Davis/McGeary. Prochazka and Albreksson are nice LHW prospects that Rizin has, Jiri needs to improve his wrestling though.

I like all those guys u suggested but Paul Craig is a MW in the UFC. They should still sign him though.

Akhmat fight October 4th

Maxim Grishin vs magomed ankalaev

Akhmat fight October 4th

Maxim Grishin vs magomed ankalaev
Glad there is finally a date for this! Grishin gets my pick. Ankalaev is a great prospect, but I think Maxim might be a bit too much for him at this point.

Results from this weekend:
Adlan Amagov defeats Dirlei Broenstrup via Submission at 2:18 of Round 1

Wallyson Carvalho defeats Mikhail Ragozin via KO/TKO at 1:09 of Round 1

Roman Kopylov defeats José Santos via KO/TKO at 4:52 of Round 3

CJ Blackman defeated Idrees Wasi by Submission, but I'm not sure if the round
Andy Clamp beat Wilfried Ednubd, but I'm not sure how or what round
Charles Andrade defeats Ramis Teregulov via KO/TKO in Round 2

Results from last week:
Jonas Billstein defeats Charles Andrade via 3 Round Decision

Diogo Lima defeats Edgar Barbosa via KO/TKO at 4:56 of Round 1

Amirkhan Guliev defeats Eldar Dolaev via Submission at 4:20 of Round 1

Lemarcus Tucker picked up another victory in the boxing ring. 1st rd KO to improve to 4-0 on that side.

Results from this weekend:
Adlan Amagov defeats Dirlei Broenstrup via Submission at 2:18 of Round 1

Wallyson Carvalho defeats Mikhail Ragozin via KO/TKO at 1:09 of Round 1

Roman Kopylov defeats José Santos via KO/TKO at 4:52 of Round 3

CJ Blackman defeated Idrees Wasi by Submission, but I'm not sure if the round
Andy Clamp beat Wilfried Ednubd, but I'm not sure how or what round
Charles Andrade defeats Ramis Teregulov via KO/TKO in Round 2

Results from last week:
Jonas Billstein defeats Charles Andrade via 3 Round Decision

Diogo Lima defeats Edgar Barbosa via KO/TKO at 4:56 of Round 1

Amirkhan Guliev defeats Eldar Dolaev via Submission at 4:20 of Round 1

Good for Wallyson and Clamp. Amagov could be a good LHW if he decides to stick around at 205lbs.

Also, Charles Andrade needs to calm it RIGHT down. Fighting twice in a week, jesus!

Julio Juarez (6-2) vs. Leo Leite (8-0) (Iron FC 10)
Edvaldo de Oliveira (32-21) vs. Alex de Paula (1-1) (Iron FC 10)
Saku Heikkola (6-6) vs. Aleksandr Pysanko (3-2) (Cage 36)
Ben Schneider (3-10) vs. Paul Webster (0-0) (UCMMA 48)
Ben Earls (0-1) vs. Ben Main (1-4) (UCMMA 48)
Leonardo Silva (7-0) vs. Klidson Farias (8-2) (Jungle Fight 90)

Slim pickings this weekend. The two Brazilian fights (Juarez/Leite and Silva/Farias) are the best by far, both decent fights. Leite is getting on in years now so it might be now or never for a UFC call-up.

Some results (only the notable ones)...

Leo Leite moves to 9-0 with a quick submission. Now or never, sign him up UFC he's not getting any younger.

Klidson Faris is now 9-2 after handing Leonardo Silva (7-1) his first pro loss. 3rd round doctor stoppage or injury, it seems.

Some results (only the notable ones)...

Leo Leite moves to 9-0 with a quick submission. Now or never, sign him up UFC he's not getting any younger.

Klidson Faris is now 9-2 after handing Leonardo Silva (7-1) his first pro loss. 3rd round doctor stoppage or injury, it seems.
I'm surprised the UFC didn't sign Leite after he beat Myron in Legacy.

I was disappointed about Silva, I thought he might have been signed prety soon had he kept winning. He needs to improve his takedown defense, but he was pretty impressive with his ability to return to the feet. He lost the first round, the second was pretty even, then got stopped by a cut in the third. He'll be back though, good win by Faris.

In more disappointing news, Paul Craig is injured and out of his upcoming fight with Chris Fields. :(

I'm surprised the UFC didn't sign Leite after he beat Myron in Legacy.

I was disappointed about Silva, I thought he might have been signed prety soon had he kept winning. He needs to improve his takedown defense, but he was pretty impressive with his ability to return to the feet. He lost the first round, the second was pretty even, then got stopped by a cut in the third. He'll be back though, good win by Faris.

In more disappointing news, Paul Craig is injured and out of his upcoming fight with Chris Fields. :(

Shit, that would've been the win that punched his ticket to the UFC.

Arkansas light heavyweight Lemarcus Tucker has signed a multi fight deal with RFA according to their social media accounts.

Tucker is 5-1, with his only loss at heavyweight. He's also 4-1 as a professional boxer.

Undefeated Brit Darren Stewart (7-0) has signed with UFC and will fight Francimar Barroso at UFC Fight Night 100 in Brazil.

Undefeated Brit Darren Stewart (7-0) has signed with UFC and will fight Francimar Barroso at UFC Fight Night 100 in Brazil.
Sadly, Stewart will be pretty outsized in the UFC at 205. I'm honestly a bit surprised he isn't immediately dropping down. He's got fight changing power though, so you never know!

Some relevant results from this weekend, and the past few weeks:
Tomasz Narkun (13-2) defeats Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (17-15) via KO/TKO at 4:38 of Round 1
Stuart Austin (11-3) defeats Nills van Noord (15-8-2) via KO/TKO at 2:33 of Round 1
Muslim Makhmudov (8-4) defeats Hans Stringer (22-8) via Submission at 2:20 of Round 1

Leonardo Silva (8-1) defeats Flavio Magon (10-7) via Submission at 2:08 of Round 2
Shamil Akhmedov (4-0) defeats Vasily Babich (11-8-1) via 3 Round Decision

These matches were contested at heavyweight, but involve prospects at light heavyweight:
Mikhail Mokhnatkin (9-1-2) defeats Fabio Maldonado (22-11) via 3 Round Decision
Jiří Procházka (18-3) defeats Mark Tanios (5-2) via 2 Round Decision
Valentin Moldavsky (5-0) defeats Karl Albrektsson (5-1) via 2 Round Decision

So, Maxim Grishin (23-6) is fighting Magomed Ankalaev (7-0) on a tuesday Akhmat show in the finals of their LHW tourney. Haven't seen much of either guy, but they both seem like decent prospects. Who do you think wins?

So, Maxim Grishin (23-6) is fighting Magomed Ankalaev (7-0) on a tuesday Akhmat show in the finals of their LHW tourney. Haven't seen much of either guy, but they both seem like decent prospects. Who do you think wins?
Ankalaev is a good prospect, but I think Grishin is too well rounded and experienced for him. So I'm taking him.

Ankalaev is a good prospect, but I think Grishin is too well rounded and experienced for him. So I'm taking him.

Yea i am really high on Ankalaev - i think he has the potential to be a top 15 fighter in the world one day. But at this moment in time i think Grishin will beat him.

Yea i am really high on Ankalaev - i think he has the potential to be a top 15 fighter in the world one day. But at this moment in time i think Grishin will beat him.
I'm high on him as well, but at 24 even with a loss I feel he'll make it to the eventually. Astakhov was a good feather in his cap, but I wish his fight with Dan Spohn had gone through in the first round of the tournament. That would've given us a better look at how he would do against better competition. It should be a good fight either way, and the winner should get afterwards.

Back