Unsigned Light Heavyweights

According to a poster on MMAJUNKIE, Justin Ledet (6-0) has signed with UFC.

According to a poster on MMAJUNKIE, Justin Ledet (6-0) has signed with UFC.
Did they mention if he was dropping back down or not? He looks flabby at heavyweight, so for his sake I hope it's at 205.

Nah its now confirmed for 265lbs.

Shame, he has potential but he'll waste it at HW. He's fighting fellow newcomer Chase Sherman at UFN 92.

So Kenneth Bergh (3-0) is apparently fighting Brett McDermott (6-3) tonight. Hoping he can get back in the win column after his failed TUF stint.

Lemarcus Tucker defeats John Lair by RNC in round 3.

Lemarcus Tucker defeats John Lair by RNC in round 3.
Tough break for Lair, and a good win for Tucker. I see a lot of promise in both of them going forward.

Kenneth Bergh (4-0) also rebounded from his TUF loss last night with a good first round submission over Brett McDermott.

Good win for Tucker in a good prospect vs prospect fight. And Bergh too, beating McDermott quickly is good work.

Dan Spohn (13-5) faces Matt Hamill (11-7) at CFFC 60 on August 6th. I could see Spohn getting a second chance in the UFC with an impressive win here.

Andy Clamp (7-1) fights Wilfried Edmund (6-1) on August 20th. Should be another win for Clamp.

Last edited:
Dan Spohn (13-5) faces Matt Hamill (11-7) at CFFC 60 on August 6th. I could see Spohn getting a second chance in the UFC with an impressive win here.

Andy Clamp (7-1) fights Wilfried Edmund (6-1) on August 20th. Should be another win for Clamp.
Ahhh man startin to feel for hammil thar k.o against sokuju at the venator event seriously looked like it could have caused some life long damage

This weekend's pro action...
Joseph Ramirez (0-0) vs. Mitchell Sipe (1-0) (Tachi Palace Fights 28)
Dalcha Lungiambula (5-1) vs. Tumelo Maphutha (7-7-1) (EFC 52)
Danilo Marques (6-0) vs. Marcio Teles (6-5) (Thunder Fight 8)
Ugur Kocak (1-1) vs. David Morley (2-1) (Storm MMA)
Vitaly Shemetov (25-9) vs. D. Yagshimuradov (11-5-1) (Spartan Fight
Leonardo Silva (5-0) vs. Thiago Silva (4-0) (Aspera FC 42)
Wallyson Carvalho (6-1) vs. Rodrigo Tadeu (2-4) (Aspera FC 42)
Nick Biron (1-0) vs. Taylor Roberts (3-12) (KOTC)

I'm most interested in Nick Biron, hopefully he picks up a second pro win. Also, Silva vs. Silva is a nice battle of unbeaten 205lbers, maybe one of them could amount to something.

This weekend's pro action...
Joseph Ramirez (0-0) vs. Mitchell Sipe (1-0) (Tachi Palace Fights 28)
Dalcha Lungiambula (5-1) vs. Tumelo Maphutha (7-7-1) (EFC 52)
Danilo Marques (6-0) vs. Marcio Teles (6-5) (Thunder Fight 8)
Ugur Kocak (1-1) vs. David Morley (2-1) (Storm MMA)
Vitaly Shemetov (25-9) vs. D. Yagshimuradov (11-5-1) (Spartan Fight
Leonardo Silva (5-0) vs. Thiago Silva (4-0) (Aspera FC 42)
Wallyson Carvalho (6-1) vs. Rodrigo Tadeu (2-4) (Aspera FC 42)
Nick Biron (1-0) vs. Taylor Roberts (3-12) (KOTC)

I'm most interested in Nick Biron, hopefully he picks up a second pro win. Also, Silva vs. Silva is a nice battle of unbeaten 205lbers, maybe one of them could amount to something.
You're quick on the draw man! I was looking for the match ups at 205 for this weekend last night, but fell asleep before I could finish. I'm interested Biron's fight too, he should win impressively in this one. I've had my eye on Leonardo Silva and Danilo Marques for a little while, so I'm most excited about their fights.
Also, this weekend Tony Lopez is fighting Mike Hayes for the KOTC light heavyweight title. Sadly, Matt Hamill pulled out of his fight with Dan Spohn. :(

Last edited:
Nick Biron's fight got pulled, he's fighting on the 10/08 instead, 0-0 Clayton York.

Dalcha Lungiambula wins to climb to 6-1.
Danilo Marques got TKO'd in the 1st round.
Leonardo Silva and Wallyson Carvalho both won though.

Nick Biron's fight got pulled, he's fighting on the 10/08 instead, 0-0 Clayton York.

Dalcha Lungiambula wins to climb to 6-1.
Danilo Marques got TKO'd in the 1st round.
Leonardo Silva and Wallyson Carvalho both won though.
Biron should win that one, I wish he could've fought in both to get the experience.
I see Lungiambula getting beaten by Wessels when they unify the titles, he needs to be a 185.
Read about Marques, I don't why it's so difficult for Brazilians at higher weight classes to standout. :( Hoping Leonardo Silva can be the next Brazilian prospect to get signed by a big promotion after a few more wins. Frankenstein da Silva and Philipe Lins are caring the upcoming torches at the moment.

So glad to hear they're signing more guys for 205! I'd like to see them keep it up, similarly to what they did at heavyweight.

So glad to hear they're signing more guys for 205! I'd like to see them keep it up, similarly to what they did at heavyweight.
In your opinion, who are the LHW's they should sign at the moment?

PS: Philipe Lins is a beast! Could have won the Bellator LHW tourney if it wasn't for his injury.

In your opinion, who are the LHW's they should sign at the moment?

PS: Philipe Lins is a beast! Could have won the Bellator LHW tourney if it wasn't for his injury.
It saddens me every time I think we could've had a Liam McGeary vs Philipe Lins final if not for that injury. :(

At the moment I would say the main guys they should go after are the winner of Maxim Grishin vs Magomed Ankalaev, Mikhail Mokhnatkin if he beats Fabio, Paul Craig if he wins his next one, and Saparbek Safarov since he dropped out of the Akhmat tournament as well as coming off a good win against Rodney Wallace. Stephan Puetz, Tomasz Narkun , and Jake Butler are guys I would like to see them go after once their contracts are over (Not sure how likely any of those would be though). Of course, I wouldn't mind them snagging a few of the guys from Rizin as well.lol ;) The other guys I would like to see them sign either should pick up a few more wins, or just need to not be as inactive.

Back