Unsigned Light Heavyweights

Jonathan Wilson not fighting Frank Waisten :( Fighting Luis Henrique who is dropping back down to LHW after getting KO'd by Ngannou in his debut.

I like that, he was really undersized against Ngannou, even though he could take him down, after watching Ngannou's last fight you can say it was very meritory

Yea was a bit of confusion with them having the same name... He is fighting the Frank Waisten Jr (who is making his debut).

Some quick results:
Joachim Christensen (13-3) beat Anthony Ruiz (34-21) by first round armbar. I think Joachim is ready for the next step, even more so if he defeats Ednaldo Oliveira (14-3-1) in October.
Sokoudjou (17-14) defeated Matt Hamill (11-6) by brutal first round knockout. At this point, if Hamill doesn't retire he should try fighting younger prospects. He's had a rough go lately. I would like to see Sokoudjou go to Rizin actually.
Marcin Wojcik (9-4) defeated Michal Fijalka (15-6) by unanimous decision. If they decide not to go back to the originally planned Karol Celinski fight, he could be a good option for Narkun's next opponent.
In a shocking upset, Rashid Yusupov (7-2) defeated Viktor Nemkov (23-6) by split decision.
On the same card, Stephan Puetz (14-2) defeated Andrey Seledtsov (5-2) by unanimous decision. Puetz needs to challenge for the title, and with a win move on. He could go for the trilogy, but that could be risky given how close the first two fights were.

Upcoming matches:
According to IG, Maxim Grishin (22-6) will fight Maxim Futin (6-2-1) on June 11th. That means for the other semifinal we'll have Saparbek Safarov (8-0) vs Magomed Ankalaev (6-0)!
In a fight I'm really looking forward to, Chad Hanekom (1-0 Pro 5-0 Am) will take on Cian Erraught (1-0 Pro 4-0 Am) at EFC Worldwide 50. It really sucks one of them has to lose.

Last edited:
Couple of interesting ones this coming weekend...

England's Iain Martell (10-1) returns from a LONG layoff. He's ighting Shaun Lomas (a journeyman) but seemingly, at 185lbs. I had high hopes for Martell at 205lbs, IIRC his only loss is to Jimi Manuwa and he's an exciting fighter. He could be equally good as a MW so we'll see. He should smash Lomas quickly, then hopefully he can fight another couple of times this year

Former amateur HW prospect Jahsua Marsh makes his pro debut, as a LHW.

Joachim Christensen should get signed by UFC. He has an excellent 5 fight win streak going - wins over Anthony Ruiz (34-21), Jonas Billstein (15-4), Max Nunes (15-2), Matti Makela (13-11) & Stephan Puetz (9-0).

Also great news about Iain Martell, i was also excited by him a couple of years ago. He just posted the below picture of him on twitter - he looks trim at 185.I believe he is still only mid 20's, so even with the injuries has plenty of time to fulfil his potential.

Cj3W3AKWkAA_tpE.jpg

Lemarcus Tucker was one of the last cuts for TUF due to inactivity. (Fights dropping)

He's now 3-0 pro boxing at heavyweight and was scheduled to face Jordan Johnson before he signed with RFA.

Faces 3-0 John Lair in Oklahoma on July 9th.

Lemarcus Tucker was one of the last cuts for TUF due to inactivity. (Fights dropping)

He's now 3-0 pro boxing at heavyweight and was scheduled to face Jordan Johnson before he signed with RFA.

Faces 3-0 John Lair in Oklahoma on July 9th.

Tucker vs. Lair was scheduled for before the TUF tryouts, I'm glad they have rearranged it as both have potential. Winner of this can be considered a solid prospect, IMO. If Tucker was only cut due to inactivity that bodes well for his future chances if he can rack up some wins, whereas Lair is a nice prospect himself.

Matt Van Burned got KO'd by Jeremy Kimball after 15 seconds in his first post-ufc fight.

Matt Van Burned got KO'd by Jeremy Kimball after 15 seconds in his first post-ufc fight.

Never rated Van Buren but Kimball's got heavy hands. Few more wins and the UFC might give him a shot.

Few results...

TUF 23 hopeful John Paul Elias gets KO'd in 20seconds by Jose Cabezas, who has a dreadful record, to fall to 3-1.

Jordan Johnson moves to 5-0 in RFA with a 3rd round submission of veteran Shaun Asher. Jordan gassed and looked out of his comfort zone once Asher survived the 1st round but kept plugging away - Asher's durable and experienced so it's a decent lesson for Johnson.

Few results...

TUF 23 hopeful John Paul Elias gets KO'd in 20seconds by Jose Cabezas, who has a dreadful record, to fall to 3-1.

Jordan Johnson moves to 5-0 in RFA with a 3rd round submission of veteran Shaun Asher. Jordan gassed and looked out of his comfort zone once Asher survived the 1st round but kept plugging away - Asher's durable and experienced so it's a decent lesson for Johnson.
I always wondered how Johnson would deal once he got out of the first, but he gutted it out and impressed. It sucks for John Paul, he got caught within 30 seconds. Hopefully Bellator keeps him around on the prelims to build him back up.
Some other results recently:
Prospect Jermaine McDermott moved to 3-0 with a 20 second destruction of Blake Watkins (5-1)
Chad Hanekom (2-0) beat Cian Erraught (1-1) by 2nd round submission. I'm expecting big things from Hanekom in EFC, and I hope Erraught rebounds soon. Both could have bug futures.
Vadim Nemkov (6-2) defeated Mikolaj Rozanski (4-2) by first round TKO.
Valentin Moldavsky (4-0) defeats Daniel Dorrer (5-3) by submission in the first.
Maxim Grishin (23-6) beat Maxim Futin (6-3-1) by Unanimous decision
Magomed Ankalaev (7-0) also beat Artur Astakhov (12-4) by Unanimous decision. So we get Grishin vs Ankalaev in the finals, whoever wins really needs to be signed to a big promotion.

Darren Stewart (6-0), Probably Englands best LHW prospect, fights Boubacak Balde (11-8) at Cage Warriors in July. He's KO'd 4 of his 6 opponents in the 1st round. He's still young (around 24-25 i believe), though is an extremely small LHW - for sure he will drop to MW if he gets signed by a larger promotion.

Darren Stewart (6-0), Probably Englands best LHW prospect, fights Boubacak Balde (11-8) at Cage Warriors in July. He's KO'd 4 of his 6 opponents in the 1st round. He's still young (around 24-25 i believe), though is an extremely small LHW - for sure he will drop to MW if he gets signed by a larger promotion.

I agree about Stewart, he'd be terribly undersized in the UFC LHW division and a drop to MW would be much better.

I train at the same gym as him, and he's a similar size to Brad Wheeler (another fighter from the gym) who fights at 155. I think he could probably even make 170.

Julius Anglickas, a top prospect, falls to 1-1 as he loses via 3rd round submission to Cameron Olson (now 4-2).

I respect Olson. He simply does not take easy fights. You'd understand him wanting to build up his record as he's a good prospect himself but he only seems to want proper tests and I really like that. Anglickas will learn from this, I'm sure.

Julius Anglickas, a top prospect, falls to 1-1 as he loses via 3rd round submission to Cameron Olson (now 4-2).

I respect Olson. He simply does not take easy fights. You'd understand him wanting to build up his record as he's a good prospect himself but he only seems to want proper tests and I really like that. Anglickas will learn from this, I'm sure.
Anglickas was really putting in on him in the first, but underestimated how tough he was to put away and gassed himself out. He'll be back, and 205 really seems to be the better weight class for Olson.

Anglickas was really putting in on him in the first, but underestimated how tough he was to put away and gassed himself out. He'll be back, and 205 really seems to be the better weight class for Olson.

Yeah I consider Olson a legit 205lb prospect himself.

Back