Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Three

During Russian broadcast guy from Fight Club Berkut announced that it was last fight of Bashaev at HW. He moves down to LHW.

They also said some interesting stuff. Rasulov won a bout against Pavlovich around a mouth ago under Army Hand-To-Hand Combat rules. Umiev has a win against Goltsov under Combat Sambo rules. Also Umiev never won any Combat Sambo championships (Russian or World). He always lost to Sidelnikov and one time he just wasn't able to compete because of hand injury (actually not sure about injury I skipped part of what they were saying).

Dontale Mayes wins his pro debut by a quick 1st round submission due to strikes. Great display of footwork and movement, as well as the jumping kicks and agile striking he's known for. He also stuffed all his opponents takedown attempts, which is a good sign for how his takedown defense is evolving.

Brendan Battles wins his second amateur fight by TKO in the first round. That is one big dude. His muscles have muscles.

Arnold Adams KO's Daniel James to win the HFC heavyweight belt.

Richard Odoms KO's Yusuke Kawaguchi in the first round.

richard odoms > kawaguchi 1st rd beautiful knee to the face ko....wsof gc 2 japan

Erokhin vs Odoms next? title fight? well see

Erokhin vs Odoms next? title fight? well see

I like it. Jani Istvan has been fighting constant injuries for awhile now, so who knows if that match will be remade. In terms of free agents, Adam Wieczorek, Chi Lewis Parry, Orlando Sanchez, Ashley Gooch, and Dmitry Poberezhets are all thoughts and would be good title challengers for Erokhin. Personally I'd love to see Chi Lewis Parry, that would be some big hype.

Zoumana Cisse defeated Jean-Jaques Calistri by kimura at 1:50 of Round 1

Also, turns out Travis Fulton returned and got a win last month.

So Chi-Lewis is 100% free to sign anywhere else now? I know there was drama between he and One but wasn't sure if they definitely let him go.

Wouldn't expect Odoms to win in that fashion, if anything was expecting a decision win...I actually had Kawaguchi picked for some reason in my head.

Erokhin vs. Odoms seems fine, and I'd expect another Erokhin win...but I'm more-so hoping for Erokhin to go to UFC/Bellator.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/64365-zoumana-cisse

Any thoughts/words regarding the fighter above me linked, Zoumana Cisse? Never heard of him until a few days ago scrambling around on tapology being bored.

Ron Winslow out of MN should be a top heavyweight. Blue Belt in Jiu Jitsu, dangerous Muay Thai skills. Sherdog has his record wrong, he's actually 4-0. 6'2'' 215lbs when he fights at heavyweight. strong and fast.

Winslow lost to Ryan Debelak by 1st round TKO, so Winslow drops to 4-1 and being in his mid-30s I don't know how far he'll go given he'll need 3-4 wins for the UFC or similar to take notice.

Dontale Mayes wins his pro debut by a quick 1st round submission due to strikes. Great display of footwork and movement, as well as the jumping kicks and agile striking he's known for. He also stuffed all his opponents takedown attempts, which is a good sign for how his takedown defense is evolving.

Awesome, always good seeing new prospects turning pro.

So Chi-Lewis is 100% free to sign anywhere else now? I know there was drama between he and One but wasn't sure if they definitely let him go.

Wouldn't expect Odoms to win in that fashion, if anything was expecting a decision win...I actually had Kawaguchi picked for some reason in my head.

Erokhin vs. Odoms seems fine, and I'd expect another Erokhin win...but I'm more-so hoping for Erokhin to go to UFC/Bellator.

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/64365-zoumana-cisse

Any thoughts/words regarding the fighter above me linked, Zoumana Cisse? Never heard of him until a few days ago scrambling around on tapology being bored.

Cisse is usually a 205lb'er, IIRC his only loss was at HW. Wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC showing interest as they seem quite hot on the French at the moment with two French dudes on TUF 23 and Cyril Asker being signed up.

Cisse is usually a 205lb'er, IIRC his only loss was at HW. Wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC showing interest as they seem quite hot on the French at the moment with two French dudes on TUF 23 and Cyril Asker being signed up.
If he's signed in the future I just hope he drops to 205 immediately instead of testing the waters at heavyweight first.

Yeah, Cisse looks in good shape and is much faster at 205. At HW he has a big gut, looks slow, and gasses out. Cisse at LHW is a really solid fighter, HW... not so much.

Anyone know how old Cisse is? Cool to see he has a win over Ngannou.

Despite knowing French, I haven't been able to discern how old he is from any of his fight videos or interviews. Reminds me of Kenny Garner when he first started fighting for M-1, they listed like 5 different ages for him and no one knew how old he was. I'll defer to DrGlaze since he's done more research on him than I have for his LHW prospects post.

Not sure on that, but I'm sure he will never fight for them again after some of the things he's said. He hasn't fought in almost 2 years, so his contract is probably nearing completion unless he signed his life away on a 5 year contract or something stupid like that.

Kurban Ibragimov vs Dmitry Mikutsa heavyweight bout added to M-1 Challenge 64

Back