Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

The event is live on Facebook so you won't be able to watch it until later, but Chad Johnson TKO'd Victor Jones in 52 seconds for the KOTC Superfight Championship at 225 lbs. I'm honestly not sure what the Superfight Championship is if anyone could enlighten me. Johnson moves to 3-0 and KOTC seems to be getting behind him.

Also, at the end of the fight, Jones thought Johnson threw a late strike but Beltran just didn't pull Johnson off quick enough. Jones flips out and starts trying to go after Johnson after the bell and Beltran basically has to jump on his back to stop him. Other referees get involved and Jones gets removed from the cage. It was pretty classless by Jones but seeing him fight before it doesn't surprise me.

Here's the video for this event. The Johnson-Jones fight starts at the 57 minute mark. The incident i'm speaking of is right after the 59 minute mark.

Also, it's not a Heavyweight fight, but there's a nasty KO by Welterweight Khaos Williams at the 43:30 minute mark.

Calyn 'The Albino Rhino' Hull moved to 5-0 this past weekend. He was able to take Jordan Seufzer down almost immediately and finished him with some vicious ground and pound. Hull is planning to fight for only LFA going forward and I expect him to be a contender for their now vacant Heavyweight title shortly.

Calyn 'The Albino Rhino' Hull moved to 5-0 this past weekend. He was able to take Jordan Seufzer down almost immediately and finished him with some vicious ground and pound. Hull is planning to fight for only LFA going forward and I expect him to be a contender for their now vacant Heavyweight title shortly.

Hull is going to be really good. But at 31 he needs to move faster than guys who are in their mid 20's. If he's in the UFC by 32 that gives him a few years to go for a belt. I'm going to say he'll likely fight for a contract on next years DWTNCS alongside Alton Meeks.

Hull is going to be really good. But at 31 he needs to move faster than guys who are in their mid 20's. If he's in the UFC by 32 that gives him a few years to go for a belt. I'm going to say he'll likely fight for a contract on next years DWTNCS alongside Alton Meeks.

I'll one up you there mate, and say he's in the UFC by Christmas!
I can see him fighting once more for LFA, going to 6-0 and getting signed outright. Maybe signed by Xmas, debuting around Feb/March.

I'll one up you there mate, and say he's in the UFC by Christmas!
I can see him fighting once more for LFA, going to 6-0 and getting signed outright. Maybe signed by Xmas, debuting around Feb/March.

I hope so. I want to see him and Don'Tale in the UFC. After that it's all guys who won't be ready until at least DWCS, maybe longer. In the US anyways.

Usman, Meeks, Hull, and Mayes are the high potential heavies on the US scene right now, and amateur is looking pretty slim for heavies currently. DWCS, plus TUF, plus an increase of signings in heavier divisions both in Bellator and UFC has almost swept the US scene.

Last edited:
Adam Dyczka 7-0 vs. Ciryl Gane 0-0 (get out ot tko adam)
Bakary Sakho 1-0 vs. Bobby Sullivan 1-1 (somehow bakary's loss to adam became a NC)
Leroy Johnson 7-2 vs. Brett Martin 4-0
Eric Bedard 6-7 vs. Ras Hylton 2-1
Cornelius Chapman 0-1 vs. Jason Belyew 0-1
Jose Beltran 6-4 vs. Tony Darling 1-0
Greg Hardy 1-0 vs. Tebaris Gordon 3-0

Dyczka failed a drug test. That's why his Sakho win was overturned. Unfortunately, I got word that this fight is off.

I'll be watching the Johnson-Martin fight live so i'll give you guys an update afterwards. This is an awesome matchup and one that promoters have tried to book several times. Johnson has been the unanimous best Heavyweight in Michigan since he beat Adrian Henderson in Bellator 4 years ago. He's largely been inactive since the end of 2015, though, going 1-2 since then. I'd probably give that honor to Josh Parisian now after his Greg Rebelo win but he's likely to sign with UFC after his TUF stint. With KOP closing shop in West Michigan, Martin finally decided to take a fight on the east side of the state. Martin has been able to outwrestle every one of his opponents and has shown improved cardio. The test will be if he's able to do that against a veteran like Johnson who is reaching the end of his career but still a dangerous opponent. If Martin is able to pass this test, I think he can be considered a serious prospect (although he probably needs to join a bigger camp. He trains at Triumph MMA which is the gym that Kevin Lee started at). Still, at 24 he's one of the youngest heavyweight prospects out there.

Last edited:
Denis Goltsov vs. Denis Stojnic at S-70 in August

Stojnic is 38, hasn't fought for 2 years but is on a 8 fight win streak, he looked like the Bosnian Shawn Jordan in his last fight but looks in decent shape nowadays..

Bummed about that anyway, i was hoping for Goltsov at the Moscow card.

Denis Goltsov vs. Denis Stojnic at S-70 in August

Stojnic is 38, hasn't fought for 2 years but is on a 8 fight win streak, he looked like the Bosnian Shawn Jordan in his last fight but looks in decent shape nowadays..

Bummed about that anyway, i was hoping for Goltsov at the Moscow card.

Decent fight still. With ACB and FNG shedding fighters, Goltsov may have some fights to tide him over for now. He really needs to be in the UFC or Bellator at this point though.

I finally updated all the profiles! With the lack of high potential prospects outside the big organizations, I'm letting the honorable mentions list dwindle down and keeping things to just the top 20. Fighters like Mitchell Sipe, Rizvan Kuniev, Austen Lane, Shawn Teed, and Tanner Boser will be on my watch list to see how they do in future fights that test their abilities.

WFCA signs US regional (KOTC, FFC, Bellator, Legacy) veteran Tyler East (15-6).

0b7e848a709544a9418047a391859539.png

He will be making his promotional debut against Alikhan Vakhaev at WFCA 52

a79c38e7d1c88deeda5a9ddfa5b1dea7.png

Interesting fight, let's see how Vakhaev deals with a heavyweight with similar size/reach. Hope he improved his distance management, he has enough of a chin and power to finish East early on if he fights smart imo.

WFCA signs US regional (KOTC, FFC, Bellator, Legacy) veteran Tyler East (15-6).

He will be making his promotional debut against Alikhan Vakhaev at WFCA 52

Interesting fight, let's see how Vakhaev deals with a heavyweight with similar size/reach. Hope he improved his distance management, he has enough of a chin and power to finish East early on if he fights smart imo.

He looked pretty good in his last few, I think he'll get a TKO. Tyler is the better of the two East brothers in MMA, but the question of whether or not he will actually try to win or just show up for a paycheck is a big one.

He looked pretty good in his last few, I think he'll get a TKO. Tyler is the better of the two East brothers in MMA, but the question of whether or not he will actually try to win or just show up for a paycheck is a big one.
He's been training at Jackson's, apparently eating healthy food and getting in shape (even doing cupping lol :p), he may be serious about it.. JW is a serious and really expensive camp, probably trying his last run in the sport, dude has been hit quite a lot by now, started too soon..

Brett Martin (4-1) had a rough night at the office last night against a more experienced Leroy Johnson (8-2). Johnson was able to spam takedowns at will and Martin didn't have much to respond with. To Martin's credit, he was able to get back to his feet in almost every round and never looked close to being finished. That probably had more to do with the fact that Johnson only had enough in the tank to get him down but not enough to actually finish the fight. In addition to this, Martin landed an illegal elbow to the back of Johnson's head when they were in the clinch so he ended up getting a point deducted and lost a 50-44 decision. Martin is only 24 and still has time to get better, but he needs to do some serious work with his TDD if he wants to succeed at the highest level. He needs to find a gym that will allow him to train with guys more his size. Johnson is very strong. It's too bad he's not a few years younger and had more than his wrestling game to rely on.

Didn't he retire 2 years ago?
I'm pretty sure I just read it in an article about the LFC event he had his last fight on.
I doubt he'll see the end of the fight.

I wonder why so many veterans and lower/mid-level US and brazilian fighters go to Russia to fight no-name opponents with great skill sets.
Most foreign fighters seem to get blown out in Russia anyway and the money can't be that great...

I finally updated all the profiles! With the lack of high potential prospects outside the big organizations, I'm letting the honorable mentions list dwindle down and keeping things to just the top 20. Fighters like Mitchell Sipe, Rizvan Kuniev, Austen Lane, Shawn Teed, and Tanner Boser will be on my watch list to see how they do in future fights that test their abilities.
What's your opinion about Malykhin and Islam Umalatov? Sorry, if they was already mentioned or you wrote about them somewhere.

Back