Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Rashad Coulter makes his UFC debut against Chase Sherman at UFC 211.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...lker-coulter-vs-chase-vanilla-gorilla-sherman

Will have to check Coulter's fights to make my pick, but I'm leaning towards him based on momentum alone. Not to mention that Sherman is very beatable. He needs to look impressive in his debut if he wants to make it to contender status though, since he probably doesn't have much time left.

Rashad Coulter makes his UFC debut against Chase Sherman at UFC 211.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...lker-coulter-vs-chase-vanilla-gorilla-sherman

Will have to check Coulter's fights to make my pick, but I'm leaning towards him based on momentum alone. Not to mention that Sherman is very beatable. He needs to look impressive in his debut if he wants to make it to contender status though, since he probably doesn't have much time left.
Really glad they found a replacement instead of scrapping the fight. Considering I'm going the more fights the better, especially at heavier weight classes. I feel like this is going to be a slugfest, there are too many 1st round finishes between them for it not to be.lol I hate to go against a fellow Texan, but I'm going with Sherman. Being younger and a legit heavyweight is what sways me. Coulter is probably better suited for 205, and that doesn't go over too well in some brawls.

Don't know enough about Coulter to make a sound judgement on this fight but I don't have high hopes for it. Sherman is poor man, not UFC calibre. Coulter just seems like an older, brawler type of regional HW.

Also, Kamaru Usman's brother is going to make his MMA debut at Tachi Palace Fights 31

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...mohammed-usman-vs-derrick-alpha-wolf-williams

If he's at least half the wrestler and athlete that Kamaru is, I could see him becoming a prospect to keep an eye on. Here's to hoping.

He'll be an instant add to the main post if he wins, he's a solid prospect.

As a side note, I have Coulter winning against Sherman. Sherman has the athleticism, and Coulter should probably be at 205, but Coulter is the better striker, and Sherman refuses to play the grind game his background is better suited for, and often gets in trouble on the feet.

Last edited:
Just a note, I added a new amateur fighter to the #1 spot on the amateur list.

Juan Adams

He's a former D1 wrestler, weighs nearly 300 pounds and cuts to 265. Even when he's at low body fat he's going to be a guy who has a big weight cut to make HW.

He has massive power, great size, and he moves like a 230 pound heavy in the cage, which is nice to see from such a big guy. And obviously with a D1 wrestling background he can take guys down easily.

He reminds me of a bigger, obviously more raw, Cain Velasquez. Just his aggression is really amazing, he sticks on guys like glue and keeps blasting them with big strikes until they collapse.

Last edited:
Phil De Fries 12-5 vs. Ivan Shtyrkov 10-0
Daniel James 6-2-1 vs. Daniel Gallemore 6-3
Beniamin Veverita 1-0 vs. Pearce Silviu 0-0
Doug Williams 1-1 vs. Scott Hope 6-5
Dustin Long 7-3 vs. Benjamin Rowland 1-0
Alan Vieira 0-0 vs. Abner Ferreira 0-0

custom rules
Katsunori Kikuno 24-8-2 vs. Jimmy Ambriz 17-20-1
Michihiro Omigawa 17-14-1 vs. Jairo Kusunoki 0-2
Hideki Sekine 7-1 vs. Baru Harn 1-2
Shoma Shibisai 4-1 vs. Honshu Viwako 0-0

Shtyrkov adds the name of another journeyman to his record, with a quick stoppage over De Fries. I still think he gets beat by anyone remotely decent if they survive the first round against him, but it's not like we're ever going to see him make the jump in competition. I'd love to be wrong though.

Shtyrkov adds the name of another journeyman to his record, with a quick stoppage over De Fries. I still think he gets beat by anyone remotely decent if they survive the first round against him, but it's not like we're ever going to see him make the jump in competition. I'd love to be wrong though.

Dude looks like a MW compared to a normal sized heavy like DeFries. Despite the awesome mustache, Phil called that one in and looked pretty bad.

But yeah, Shtyrkov is a local guy they are pumping up, he'll likely keep beating up on vets/former UFC guys for awhile.

If he wanted to get serious, he'd need to drop to LHW and pick a fight with Grishin or Ankalaev.

Dude looks like a MW compared to a normal sized heavy like DeFries. Despite the awesome mustache, Phil called that one in and looked pretty bad.

But yeah, Shtyrkov is a local guy they are pumping up, he'll likely keep beating up on vets/former UFC guys for awhile.

If he wanted to get serious, he'd need to drop to LHW and pick a fight with Grishin or Ankalaev.
Due to the shady circumstances surrounding his fight with Monson, I believe that he'll stay where he's at for a long time. He's probably a decent draw for that boxing company he's fighting in, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept giving him really shot guys.

Shtyrkov vs Tony Lopez coming to a russian Boxing show near you!

Tanner Boser replaces Salimgerey Rasulov on short notice against Denis Smoldarev at ACB 61.

Both guys coming off losses in fights they were heavily favored in. And in Tanner's case, I thought he actually won. Should be interesting to see who bounces back into contention with a win.

Tanner Boser replaces Salimgerey Rasulov on short notice against Denis Smoldarev at ACB 61.

Both guys coming off losses in fights they were heavily favored in. And in Tanner's case, I thought he actually won. Should be interesting to see who bounces back into contention with a win.
Tough fight for Boser, think he's going to get outwrestled for the whole fight. Might surprise me, who knows.

He's really had tough luck in ACB.

sucks. my guy, though he is skilled enough to go 4-0 and win a big regional and become a ufc fighter is already 36

hope he does go pro, he looks it skill wise and his window is shrinking

Tony Lopez takes another prospects head for his wall.

@The_Renaissance Here we go again man...
The other day I was thinking, since Lashley is never going to fight any of Bellator's best HWs, why not put him up against a proven journeyman, as opposed to a downright can.

If he loses, it kills his hype, but you can use said journeyman to build up one of your contenders, since they won't be picky about their opponents. I'd be pretty interested in a fight between Lashey and Tony Lopez or DJ Linderman.

i'm surprised lashley hasn't been given title shot against kongo
It wouldn't shock me to hear that he'd turn down fights like that, he just doesn't seem to want to fight any of the top guys. Him also being inactive for a bit due to his pro wrestling schedule might also have something to do with that, but Bellator hasn't really cared about having its HW title fought for since their inception.

Think it has only been fought for a grand total of 7 times.

Back