Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Is Dmitry Poberehets legit fighter that belong in UFC?
How would he fare vs Jarjis Danho at UFC 211?

Is Dmitry Poberehets legit fighter that belong in UFC?
How would he fare vs Jarjis Danho at UFC 211?

Hes not a bad fighter, hes tough but I don't see him being top10, hes better than Jarjis Danho everywhere in my opinion

Hes not a bad fighter, hes tough but I don't see him being top10, hes better than Jarjis Danho everywhere in my opinion

Jarjis Danho has proven to be absolutely shocking, so Poberezhets should make quick work of him.

Shtyrkov vs. De Fries, May 5th
Evgeniy Goncharov vs. Daniil Arepyev, April 22nd M-1 Challenge 76

Anyone knows what happened to Adrian Henderson?

Anyone knows what happened to Adrian Henderson?
As far as i'm aware, he's still active. He last fought Tomar Washington last October and lost by TKO. He is 37 so he might not be fighting as much as he used to.

What do you think about this guy, Paul?

Young, undefeated, trains at Team Quest, but he's kinda small for HW, so I wouldn't be surprised if he drops down. Haven't seen any of his fights though, so I don't if he's actually skilled.

What do you think about this guy, Paul?

Young, undefeated, trains at Team Quest, but he's kinda small for HW, so I wouldn't be surprised if he drops down. Haven't seen any of his fights though, so I don't if he's actually skilled.

Van Deraa isn't bad, I have him on my top 20 on the main post. He trains BJJ in Cali with guys like Kron too. He's put on a fair bit of mass though, so I think he's firmly at HW now. I'd say he's likely UFC bound if they brought in a guy like Spitz. I don't think he's top 10 potential however. But he could easily sit around the level of a guy like Alexey Oleynik.

From what I understand he's having trouble getting fights now, so hopefully he can get a good fight that will get him that UFC ticket. Having him fight someone like Coulter or Odoms in LFA would be fun, those are both challenging fights that he'll have to be at his best for.

Amir Aliakbari 5-1 vs. Gerônimo Dos Santos 39-17
Satoshi Ishii 14-7-1 vs. Heath Herring 28-15
Lazaro Gonzalez 0-1 vs. Alex Meyers 0-0
Dakota Merritt 3-3 vs. Ron Carter 4-16
Demoreo Dennis 6-3 vs. Dontale Mayes 2-1
Chris Barnett 15-3 vs. Hyun Man Myung 3-3
Chris Brown 0-0 vs. Ivan Bykov 0-1

Konstantin Erokhin dropping down to LHW for his fight at ACB should be interesting, thinking that the speed of the smaller guys might kill him, he isn't facing a very mobile guy though, so I think he's going to score a KO win.

Karl Etherington 12-3 vs Stav Economou 17-5 added to Bellator UK may event

17554512_1623350754371907_6116187843398673651_n.jpg

Ronnell Lewis (4-0) is defending his title against Dexter Jenkins (1-0) in the main event of ShoFIGHT Summer Smash on May 27th. Lewis is one of the best Amateur Heavyweights and was a College All American in football for Oklahoma. He played in the NFL and CFL in stints but has decided to move forward with his MMA career. At only 26, he has the potential to be a big star.

Last edited:
Ronnell Lewis (4-0) is defending his title against Dexter Jenkins (1-0) in the main event of ShoFIGHT Summer Smash on May 27th. Lewis is one of the best Amateur Heavyweights and was a College All American in football for Oklahoma. He played in the NFL and CFL in stints but has decided to move forward with his MMA career. At only 26, he has the potential to be a big star.

Ronnell is a huge threat, big guy, athletic, lots of power. My only worry is the challenges he faces in life with Sickle Cell disease. But if he can overcome the downsides of dealing with a terrible disease and prevail in MMA, then he's an even bigger success story. I'll definitely be rooting for him.

Dale Sopi (6-3) vs. Dan Charles (10-5-1) 4/29

more for 4/29 bfl 48 has arjan bhullar (5-0 vs joe yager (11-5)

also this weekend in big boys

JR Lugo 7-3 vs. Mike Cook 13-12
Sam Sprauer 0-1 vs. Logan Hooper 0-0
Łukasz Domachowski 0-0 vs. Łukasz Kozłowski 0-1
Hatef Moeil 1-2 vs. Martin Langner 0-0
Tilek Zheenbekov 1-1 vs. Evgeni Boldyrev 9-11-1 (Cruiser weight)
Jeff Monson 60-26-1 vs. Maxim Novoselov 4-2-1
Kurban Ibragimov 6-2 vs. Konstantin Andreitsev 5-3

That could be the reasonable opponent Bhullar needs on his resume to punch his ticket to the UFC, I reckon. Yager's no mug, he's not good but he's better than guys some UFC call-ups have beaten for sure.

Wessel Mostert (4-0) gets a big step up in competition in June when he fights Andrew Van Zyl (14-3) for the EFCA heavyweight title. Should be a close fight, will give a good idea of how good Wessel Mostert actually is.

Wessel Mostert (4-0) gets a big step up in competition in June when he fights Andrew Van Zyl (14-3) for the EFCA heavyweight title. Should be a close fight, will give a good idea of how good Wessel Mostert actually is.

I'm guessing they'll do Potts vs Moyo for the next shot then. That's a big test for Mostert.

Back