Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Keith Bell beat Tyler King...

Rebello, Fortune and Trice all got wins.

Keith Bell beat Tyler King...

Rebello, Fortune and Trice all got wins.

Only a minor upset. Not shocking in the least considering Kings chin and defensive vulnerabilities. Bells a kill or be killed guy, more dangerous than his losing record would suggest. Remember Bell almost upset Ivanov early on during his comeback bid.

Rudy Schaffroth 1-0 vs. John Lopez 0-1
Hikaru Sato 23-23-4 vs. Jonathan Ivey 32-55
Gary Harling 0-5 vs. Thomas Salinas 0-0
Rafael Gigante 2-0 vs. Romulo Ismael 0-1
Van Palacio 3-1 vs. Josh Powell 2-1
Jeff Serafin 4-1 vs. William Hill 23-32

a losing record week if i have ever seen one

Ivey is still fighting? That's a name I haven't heard in a while.

Poor Linderman. Hopefully Minakov gets free of his Bellator contact soon and jumps to the UFC.

Schaffroth isn't terrible, he avenged one of his two losses at amateur and his only other amateur loss was Wade Sauer, who could probably be in the UFC right now. I don't think he'll be a big show level heavyweight, but he may appear as an opponent for a higher level guy like Chris Lewis.

Willis' wrestling should make it an interesting match. Tybura is probably more technical on the feet, and has good sweeps, but Willis is aggressive and hits hard, and he's tough to take down.

Weird, I figured we would see Willis vs Caio for the next shot at the title. This works though! Would like to have seen Willia pick up few more wins before crossing over.

16473577_617549348446153_7942242650660803093_n.jpg

I already did a write up on this matchup so I figured i'd just post it here.

Unfortunately, since the Madmen event last week got cancelled, a lot of fighters were left without a fight even though they were ready. Josh Parisian (4-1) was scheduled to fight Ray Lopez in the main event of that card in a fight I have no doubt would've been an awesome fight. I still think that fight should happen at some point.

Josh was able to find a new fight in Morgantown, West Virginia on February 24th. He'll be fighting Nathan Bryant (6-5) at Caged Power 11. Parisian is coming off the biggest win of his pro career in a TKO victory over Bellator veteran Josh Burns. Overall, he's on a 3 fight finish streak (with a slew of fights cancelled in between).

His opponent, Bryant, is 6-2 in his last 8 with 5 finishes (4 in the 1st round). He's obviously very heavy handed and his success earned him a shot against Tony Lopez for his KOTC Heavyweight title last year. He was unsuccessful and lost a close Split Decision but that's impressive considering Lopez is one of the toughest veterans in MMA. Most recently, Bryant finished Brad Schott with a 2nd round TKO.

Despite losing his previous opponent, Bryant is a great fight for Parisian. He'll get to test himself against a Heavyweight with more experience who has already had some tough opponents (Lopez, Adam Milstead). If he wins, he should be on his way to earning a shot with LFA or more headliner fights in the state. I still think Parisian vs. Lopez is a fight we should see in another promotion soon if Parisian does take another local fight. Good luck Josh!

Heath soderstorm 2-1 vs josh Copeland SCL feb 18th colorado

Heath soderstorm 2-1 vs josh Copeland SCL feb 18th colorado

Good warm up fight for Josh. He trains with Curtis Blaydes and the rest of the crew at Team Elevation now, so expect to see some improvements finally. Josh kind of stagnated after he got to the UFC, and now he's switched up camps and trains with some young killers, so there's going to be some changes in his game.

Ryan Patrick Walls 2-3 vs. Matthew Comer 0-2
Jordan Mitchell 3-9 vs. Ron Fields 28-33-1
Benjamin Augustyniak 1-5 vs. Cihan Sönmez 0-0
Dave Wilson 20-13 vs. John Painter 1-6
Hussain Tayson 1-0 vs. Omar Ben Redda 0-0
Aaron Davis 8-5 vs. Dwight Gipson 7-7
Carlos Toyota 8-9-1 vs. Zamirbek Syrgabayev 6-9

another weekend of mediocre prospect free HW fights

Konstantin Erokhin signed with ACB. Fights at ACB 57 in april. Will be dropping to LHW

Doctors told Willis to stop cutting weight for health reasons and have ruled him out of tomorrows fight.

Back