Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Dmitry Poberezhets signed with UFC

Add one more to the gatekeeper role I guess. I really wish they would get Goltsov, Pavlovich, and Minakov though. Those three would tear up the place.

Fight Nights Global 62 moved from March 25th to March 31st, main event Pavlovich-Sidelnikov.
Also Tony Johnson signed 4 fight deal with Fight Nights.

Volkan Oezdemir signed with UFC.
He will fight with OSP, so maybe he drops to LHW.

Also there is news from January 15th that Kharitonov cancelled his master class because he left for a training camp. He said that next fight gonna happen in February.

Poberezhets will probably go 0-2 and cut, not many guys on the roster he can beat but fairplay, he's put a shift in on the regional circuit so let him have his shot.

Oezdemir belongs at 205lbs, and after losing to OSP he'll do okay I think

Volkan Oezdemir signed with UFC.
He will fight with OSP, so maybe he drops to LHW.

He's at 240 now apparently. Hell of a cut. He weighs about 15 pounds more than he did in Bellator when he fought LHW, so hopefully he can adjust his weight in time.

Michal with the first round finish over Smoldarev. He's got to be on Bellator's and UFC's radar with the run he's on.

Pissed at him for not finishing the fight in the second round, would have gotten huge tapology points.

Michal with the first round finish over Smoldarev. He's got to be on Bellator's and UFC's radar with the run he's on.

Pissed at him for not finishing the fight in the second round, would have gotten huge tapology points.

He's always been an exciting prospect. But his defense and chin worry me though. If he could improve his striking defense he could very well be a top prospect.

Wow, wasn't expecting Smoldarev to lose. Andrzyzak must be UFC bound, surely. However, I can see him having a Grabowski-esque run of getting smoked/KO'd twice and then cut. His chin isn't very good

Wow, wasn't expecting Smoldarev to lose. Andrzyzak must be UFC bound, surely. However, I can see him having a Grabowski-esque run of getting smoked/KO'd twice and then cut. His chin isn't very good

He's got more upside than Grabowski.. But yeah. With fine tuning I can see him being a decent UFC fighter who could potentially crack the top 20. But he's so vulnerable to getting blasted out early. He's a lot like a younger Struve with his height and vulnerability to power punches. I can think of at least 5 heavyweights I'd make him a heavy favorite against on the top of my head, plus a bunch of others he'd have a good shot if his striking defense wasn't so bad.

http://m.ufc.com/news/Hamilton-welcomes-Fortuna-to-the-Octagon-on-Feb-4

Marcel Fortuna makes UFC debut against Anthony Hamilton.
It's weird he fights at HW division.

Out of all the free agents, they sign a LHW who flunked out of TUF to fight at HW. I get it, he's a BJJ black belt, but there's way better guys out there, even in the US who could fight. I would have gone with Arjan Bhullar before signing Fortuna. Bhullar is ready and needs a fight.

looks like Mijain Lopez was at Evolve MMA
was rumored to fight in MMA like 6 years ago

I wish he fought way back then, that would have been amazing. Wonder if Evolve will get him as a coach.

Damn i remeber Chad Corvin... whatever happened to him, he disappeared off the face of the planet shortly after UFC signed him.

I think he had a medical issue that caused him to be at higher risk for brain damage if he fought, and it never got cleared, so he retired.

I think he had a medical issue that caused him to be at higher risk for brain damage if he fought, and it never got cleared, so he retired.
It was a shame he never had his debut. I remember a lot of people comparing him to Todd Duffee when he was coming into the UFC. Big, muscular, powerful, finishing machines.

HW Fights this weekend:

Heavyweight MMA fights
Tyrell Fortune (1-0) vs. Will Johnson (0-0) - Bellator
Tyler King (12-4) vs. Keith Bell (7-9) - CES
Greg Rebello (20-7) vs. Danyelle Williams (8-5) - CES
Allen Crowder (6-2) vs. Richard white (16-20) - Next Level Fight Club
Josh Parisian (4-1) vs. Ray Lopez (9-9) - Madmen Promotions
Carlton Little (5-3) vs. Michael Saunders (1-3) - XKO

Parisian vs. Lopez is cancelled tomorrow. The promoter and several fighters didn't get proper paperwork in so the show got cancelled.

Back