Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Hi Paul

Does Ngannou stand a chance against Curtis B ?

Ngannou is a good prospect, but Blaydes is the only guy on the roster that is more of a natural athlete than he is. Blaydes is faster, stronger, has way better cardio, better wrestling, better ground game.

The only chance Ngannou has is on the feet, and unlike other opponents who he had a huge reach advantage against (Ngannou has an 83" reach), Blaydes has an 83.5" reach, and trains with some very good strikers.

Overall, no, he doesn't stand a chance.

Ngannou is a good prospect, but Blaydes is the only guy on the roster that is more of a natural athlete than he is. Blaydes is faster, stronger, has way better cardio, better wrestling, better ground game.

The only chance Ngannou has is on the feet, and unlike other opponents who he had a huge reach advantage against (Ngannou has an 83" reach), Blaydes has an 83.5" reach, and trains with some very good strikers.

Overall, no, he doesn't stand a chance.

Man, can't wait for that fight! It's gonna be on the main card too!

Man, can't wait for that fight! It's gonna be on the main card too!

Right before the co-main. They know Blaydes will put asses in seats in the future, so it's good to get him some exposure sooner rather than later.

Great list and great thread once again, thanks.

How about Fernando Rodrigues? He actually beat number 6 on your list just last year:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Fernando-Rodrigues-Jr-119259

He's looked terrible his past few fights, even in the one he won. Yosef is just on there due to the massive amount of potential he has, but if he loses one of his next ones then I'm going to resign myself to accepting he's probably not who I thought he was as a fighter.

Rodrigues is fighting Tiago Cardoso in May, so that should be interesting, but after seeing him come in out of shape, look sloppy, then get torched by Oli Thompson, I'm not a buyer.

He's looked terrible his past few fights, even in the one he won. Yosef is just on there due to the massive amount of potential he has, but if he loses one of his next ones then I'm going to resign myself to accepting he's probably not who I thought he was as a fighter.

Rodrigues is fighting Tiago Cardoso in May, so that should be interesting, but after seeing him come in out of shape, look sloppy, then get torched by Oli Thompson, I'm not a buyer.

To be honest, I haven't seen any of the fights, just wondered why he wasn't on the list when I looked on fight finder and saw he beat him. Haha, now I know why, cheers.

Some time ago I posted info that Dmitry Smolyakov may fight at UFC 200 and some guys asked what takes him so long to fight. I just realized that he might be wrestling coach at upcoming TUF season, because he is wrestling coach at JJ's gym in Poland. Also, if someone missed Smolyakov was in Shlemenko's corner in his fight against Vasilevsky.

I agree Paul but Adam has a decent wrestling background which hasn't been seen much but he has been wrestling since his was a kid.

I'm glad to see you continue to do these threads

Adams now in the ufc sorry for posting about him so much here still but as my son would say "look daddy uncle Adam is teaching me to arm bars you "
Gotta support the family lol

Keep upraying the hard work

I agree Paul but Adam has a decent wrestling background which hasn't been seen much but he has been wrestling since his was a kid.

I'm glad to see you continue to do these threads

Adams now in the ufc sorry for posting about him so much here still but as my son would say "look daddy uncle Adam is teaching me to arm bars you "
Gotta support the family lol

Keep upraying the hard work

Thanks man! I'm excited to see Adam in the big show finally. And I totally agree on his wrestling, I don't think he will get taken down. De La Rocha will very likely have a quick night. At this point I'm more interested to see how Adam finishes the fight rather than if.

This weekend's heavyweight fights

Denis Goltsov (16-4) vs. Mike Kyle (21-13) - ACB 32
Roy Boughton (12-7) vs. JR Lugo (7-2) - Global Knockout
Yosef Ali Mohammad (5-2) vs. Nick Barno (3-0) - Trophy MMA
Christian Lo Re (5-1) vs. Martin Chudej (2-4) - Imperium FC
Craig Burke (4-0) vs. Tomasz Czerwinski (8-13) - CSFC 14
Joe Hernandez (4-1) vs. Jared Vanderaa (2-0) - SMASH
Eric Lunsford (4-1) vs. Brad Faylor (6-4) - Sugar Creek
Jirí Paluska (3-0) vs. Daniel Dittrich (0-0) - GCF 34

Looks like Kudin vs Mokhnatkin is booked at next Fight Nights

Chris Barnett 14-2 vs Kirill sidelnikov 8-4 added to Rizin 1

Teodoras aukstuolis 8-3 vs jaideep Singh 2-1 added to Rizin 1' 215 pound catch weight

Tyler King 9-4 vs Eric bedard 6-6 added to CES MMA April 16th

Paul ive watched some of curtis blaydes fights and im not seeing what your seeing. He lacks power on the feet and has not looked all that dominant, perhaps i need to watch more of his fights. In some ways the hype reminds me of steve mocco.

I think ngannou who is a dangerous fighter destroys him. If the odds are against ngannou i will def put some money on him !!

Michal Andryszak vs DJ Linerman at Absolute Championship Berkut 35

Paul ive watched some of curtis blaydes fights and im not seeing what your seeing. He lacks power on the feet and has not looked all that dominant, perhaps i need to watch more of his fights. In some ways the hype reminds me of steve mocco.

I think ngannou who is a dangerous fighter destroys him. If the odds are against ngannou i will def put some money on him !!

If you're watching old amateur fights then you deserve to lose your money ;)

Looks like Kudin vs Mokhnatkin is booked at next Fight Nights

Odd that Mokhnatkin is fighting at heavyweight, he's kind of light. Unless Kudin is dropping down?

This weekend's heavyweight fights

Denis Goltsov (16-4) vs. Mike Kyle (21-13) - ACB 32
Roy Boughton (12-7) vs. JR Lugo (7-2) - Global Knockout
Yosef Ali Mohammad (5-2) vs. Nick Barno (3-0) - Trophy MMA
Christian Lo Re (5-1) vs. Martin Chudej (2-4) - Imperium FC
Craig Burke (4-0) vs. Tomasz Czerwinski (8-13) - CSFC 14
Joe Hernandez (4-1) vs. Jared Vanderaa (2-0) - SMASH
Eric Lunsford (4-1) vs. Brad Faylor (6-4) - Sugar Creek
Jirí Paluska (3-0) vs. Daniel Dittrich (0-0) - GCF 34

There's some really good under the radar heavyweight fights this week. I'll go with Goltsov, Lugo, Yosef, Lo Re, Burke, Vanderaa, Lunsford, and Paluska.

Odd that Mokhnatkin is fighting at heavyweight, he's kind of light. Unless Kudin is dropping down?
I was curious about this as well. I know Kudin has been on the lighter side of heavyweight in the past, but Mokhnatkin has also taken fights there in the past.

Back