Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Arjan Bhullar moved to 5-0 with a 1st rd TKO over a 1-2 journeyman.

Colton Vaughn 7-6 vs
Daniel Spitz 4-0

kotc nov.19th

The main post and the amateurs post have been updated!

I still have a couple pro fighter profiles to finish and a ton of amateur profiles, those will be coming soon.

I went through 5,000 profiles of heavyweight fighters, all the way down to amateurs with a single fight. Out of those, I added 5 new amateurs to the honorable mentions list to replenish the recent batch who went pro.

They are:

Austen Lane - Former NFL player turned MMA fighter.

Je'Quan Williamson - Collegiate football player and wrestler turned sport BJJ competitor and MMA fighter.

Joey Gautney - NCAA D1 football defensive lineman for ULM. Won his first amateur fight brutally.

Brett Sanchez - 6-0 amateur fighter from NY. A solid fighter with consistent performances.

Lucas Kailing - Really giant and athletic former football player. Steamrolled through his first two amateur fights.

Last edited:
Paul I don't know if he's on your radar but keep an eye out for Chad 'Big Rig' Johnson (6-1) out of Wisconsin. He just became the KOTC Amateur Heavyweight Champion over the weekend with a 29 second TKO of Justin Richwine. He has 5 1st Round TKO victories and a sub win. His lone loss was to Quinton Collins (2-0) a year ago by Guillotine but hes won 3 since then. Sherdog doesn't have his full record because he took some early fights Northern Michigan.

Last edited:
HW fights this weekend:

Bobby Lashley (14-2) vs. Josh Appelt (12-5) - Bellator 162
Bobby Brents (17-5) vs. Chase Gormley (13-5) - Bellator 162
Virgil Zwicker (14-5) vs. Dan Charles (10-3) - Bellator 162
Mike Wessel (14-8) vs. Frank Tate (4-1) - Bellator 162
Mark Tanios (5-2) vs. Mahmoud Tantawy (3-1) - Cedar FC 2
Sergey Belostenniy (3-0) vs. Mukhomad Vakhaev (3-4) - ACB 48
Cris Thompson-Brooks (2-0) vs. Callum Cook (4-3) - On Top
Giovanni Sarran (4-2) vs. Brandon Michels (3-5) - CFL 9
------
Anthony Ciampa (3-0 Am) vs. Robert Brothers (1-1) - Rise of a Champion

Brandon Vera (14-7) vs Hideki Sekine (7-0) set for One heavyweight title Dec 2nd.

Good little fight - Vera should take it, he's long and should be able to avoid the takedowns.

Date: December 16, 2016
Venue: Royal Palace in Edmonton, Alberta

265lbs- Tanner Boser (11-2) vs. Marcus Sursa (16-10)
***Heavyweight Title Fight

Paul I don't know if he's on your radar but keep an eye out for Chad 'Big Rig' Johnson (6-1) out of Wisconsin. He just became the KOTC Amateur Heavyweight Champion over the weekend with a 29 second TKO of Justin Richwine. He has 5 1st Round TKO victories and a sub win. His lone loss was to Quinton Collins (2-0) a year ago by Guillotine but hes won 3 since then. Sherdog doesn't have his full record because he took some early fights Northern Michigan.

He was one of two guys I was debating putting on my amateurs list, but they were 30+, so I'm likely going to keep them on my watch list and see how they do as pros.

Smealinho Rama drops to LHW. Rico Verhoeven is putting his MMA career on hold. Both removed from the main post. Added Tai Tuivasa and Adam Wieczorek to the top 20.

Jeff Hughes vs Dan Spohn headlines IT Fight Series 48 on December 10th. A win here could mean a UFC contract.

Also Shawn Teed fights Jonathan Romero on the upcoming CFFC card. They are two of the best heavyweight prospects in the northeast, so the winner could likely get some eyes on them.

only real fights for this weekend are
Azunna Anyanwu 11-4 vs Jose Pinto 2-0 for cage fury
Craig Hudson 4-6 vs 2-2 Jared Henderson for Fight Night Medicine Hat

Not much this weekend:

Heavyweight Fights this weekend
Azunna Anyanwu (11-4) vs. Jose Pinto (2-0) - CFFC 61 (HW Title)
Jon Hill (12-5) vs. David Knight (7-14) - RITC
Leroy Johnson (6-1) vs. Jason Riley (11-8) - Justified Defense FS
Shawn Teed (2-0, 3-0 Am) vs. Jonathan Romero (2-0, 5-1 Am)
Brandon Groom (3-1) vs. Frederick Gunner (1-7) - RITC
------
Calyn Hull (3-0 Am) vs. Dan Puccini (0-0 Am) - RFA 45

Daniel James (5-2) vs. John Hawk (11-7) announced for November 19th at RFO: Big Guns 21. This seems like a fight between two guys who might never make it to a major promotion.

Shawn Teed defeats Jonathan Romero by americana from the bottom in round 1.

Back