Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Michal Wlodarek also lost via first round guillotine choke. Not a good start for heavyweight prospects today. :(
If this keeps going, I feel sorry for Blaydes.

Fernando Rodrigues def. Yosef Ali Mohammad via 1st round guillotine

According to a PbP thread, Yosef dropped him early, Fernando wheathered the storm and then dropped him, couldn't pound him out and the fight went back to the feet. Yosef then dove for a takedown and got caught in a guillotine.

Guess he's not the Uber prospect we were waiting for. Seems to have the athleticism, but not the skills.

Well said, unfortunately not everyone with crazy athleticism can have the fighting skills to match.

Michal Wlodarek also lost via first round guillotine choke. Not a good start for heavyweight prospects today. :(

I'm more upset about this one I think. Wlodarek rarely fights, has injury issues, and now with the DQ and this loss, will probably take forever to crawl back into KSW contention.

If this keeps going, I feel sorry for Blaydes.

Blaydes is a different beast altogether, and he showed it tonight. First win of many.

Geronimo Dos Santos (38-16) is fighting Kazbek Saidaliev (7-1) on a tuesday Akhmat show in the finals of their HW tourney. What I have seen from GDS hasn't blown me away and Kazbek has wins over Boser and Reljic, so I'll go with him.

Geronimo Dos Santos (38-16) is fighting Kazbek Saidaliev (7-1) on a tuesday Akhmat show in the finals of their HW tourney. What I have seen from GDS hasn't blown me away and Kazbek has wins over Boser and Reljic, so I'll go with him.
Saidaliev injured, Zelimkhan Umiev will replace him.

Main posts updated. Still working on a handful of profiles, those will be done soon.

Fernando Rodrigues def. Yosef Ali Mohammad via 1st round guillotine

According to a PbP thread, Yosef dropped him early, Fernando wheathered the storm and then dropped him, couldn't pound him out and the fight went back to the feet. Yosef then dove for a takedown and got caught in a guillotine.

Guess he's not the Uber prospect we were waiting for. Seems to have the athleticism, but not the skills.
Yosef got in on a double leg right after he got dropped while trying to survive and pushed Fernando towards the fence who then jumped on a guillotine. He never managed to reset after he got dropped.

But yeah, he clearly needs to drop out of the list for now. But you should probably never give up on a heavyweight with that kind of atlesticism, hopefully he changes camp. The only other notable fighter from his camp are Lina Länsberg..

man never fails to surprise me the amount of hard to read but very good records out of russia there is

that and europe has a lot of mediocre prospect killers that ruin everyone in that scene eventually

literally nothing worth paying attention to but one am HW fight
Jordan heiderman 4-1-0 vs Braden Erdman 6-1-0 MCF 12
both have only lost via sub, this is also a rematch as heiderman is erdman's only loss via sub

Heavyweight fights this weekend:

Stefan Struve (27-8) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (19-5) - UFC
Shawn Jordan (18-7) vs. Ashley Gooch (10-4) - WSOF
Tyler East (15-5) vs. Brian Heden (29-15) - Legacy FC
Jeff Monson (60-26) vs. Kodrizhon Ganidzhon (0-0) - Octagon FS
Ernesto Papa (5-0) vs. Adam Wieczorek (7-1) - Sparta Fight
Edison Lopes (6-2) vs. Sandro Vieira (14-10) - JVT (HW Title)
Zach Thumb (4-2) vs. Maurice Greene (2-1) - Legacy FC
------
Casey Ogan (2-0 Am) vs. Eddy Faison (5-3 Am) - Big Guns 20
Joshua Metzger (2-0 Am) vs. Clay Cantrelle (0-0 Am) - CWC

man never fails to surprise me the amount of hard to read but very good records out of russia there is

that and europe has a lot of mediocre prospect killers that ruin everyone in that scene eventually

literally nothing worth paying attention to but one am HW fight
Jordan heiderman 4-1-0 vs Braden Erdman 6-1-0 MCF 12
both have only lost via sub, this is also a rematch as heiderman is erdman's only loss via sub

I'm actually kind of excited for this fight, both are decent amateurs with a collegiate athletics background. Mind you I feel like Erdman should be at 205.

Heavyweight fights this weekend:

Stefan Struve (27-8) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (19-5) - UFC
Shawn Jordan (18-7) vs. Ashley Gooch (10-4) - WSOF
Tyler East (15-5) vs. Brian Heden (29-15) - Legacy FC
Jeff Monson (60-26) vs. Kodrizhon Ganidzhon (0-0) - Octagon FS
Ernesto Papa (5-0) vs. Adam Wieczorek (7-1) - Sparta Fight
Edison Lopes (6-2) vs. Sandro Vieira (14-10) - JVT (HW Title)
Zach Thumb (4-2) vs. Maurice Greene (2-1) - Legacy FC
------
Casey Ogan (2-0 Am) vs. Eddy Faison (5-3 Am) - Big Guns 20
Joshua Metzger (2-0 Am) vs. Clay Cantrelle (0-0 Am) - CWC

Papa vs Wieczorek is my favorite dark horse fight. Personally I think Wieczorek is going to lay him out brutally and quickly.

Other than that, I'll take Struve, Jordan, East, Ganidzhon, Lopes, Greene, Ogan, and Metzger.

I can't believe Monson is constantly fighting these newcomers/rookies...

"Sir, this fight doesn't appear fair. One guy has 86 pro fights and has fought some of the best of all time. The other guy has no fights."

"Yes my dear boy. But the first guy is 103yrs old and has a reach of 14inches. Thus, it's fair.”

I can't believe Monson is constantly fighting these newcomers/rookies...

"Sir, this fight doesn't appear fair. One guy has 86 pro fights and has fought some of the best of all time. The other guy has no fights."

"Yes my dear boy. But the first guy is 103yrs old and has a reach of 14inches. Thus, it's fair.”

I laughed way too much at that one. It's funny because it's true. :p

Well, East lost... I'd say that I'm not surprised, but I didn't think he was going to have much trouble with a guy like Heden. Seems like the East bros. love to swing for the fences too much.

Well, East lost... I'd say that I'm not surprised, but I didn't think he was going to have much trouble with a guy like Heden. Seems like the East bros. love to swing for the fences too much.

East said he didn't train at all for the fight and that he's now retired.

Zelimkhan Umiev moves to 8-1 and might well have punched his ticket to the big leagues by absolutely smashing Geronimo Dos Santos in 11 seconds (I think!).

I remember the days when he was supposed to be one of the new breed Heavyweight prospects. His chin and defense didn't seem to be all there.

Just stumbled accross an awesome twitter account showing loads of regional & european fight highlights.

Adam Wieczorek just tapped out Ernesto Papa in 90 seconds.

And Mikhail Gaziev (27 year old HW) moved to 3-0

And from Tuesday for anyone that didn't see it - Umiev's 12 second TKO of Dos Santos

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Jordan> gooch 1st rd tko

Too fast, too experienced. Gooch could do well in WSoF, but Jordan is a big step up from regional heavyweights.

His past, as well as his fighting career were plagued by bad choices. He's still young, if he can get everything in his personal life sorted out, I wouldn't rule out a comeback.

Zelimkhan Umiev moves to 8-1 and might well have punched his ticket to the big leagues by absolutely smashing Geronimo Dos Santos in 11 seconds (I think!).

Umiev is good, his age (36) really kills me though. If a big organization is going to give him a shot, it needs to be soon.

Just stumbled across an awesome twitter account showing loads of regional & european fight highlights.

Adam Wieczorek just tapped out Ernesto Papa in 90 seconds.

And Mikhail Gaziev (27 year old HW) moved to 3-0

Wieczorek is good. He's young, athletic, skilled, and ready to fight in a big promotion. I would say KSW would be a good place, but he would barely fight there. UFC or Bellator should be where he lands.

Gaziev... I'm not too high on him. M-1 would be a good place to test him, put him against Anton Vyazigin to see where he stands versus an athletic, hungry heavyweight.

Greene's striking is really good, he will have problems with guys who wrestle though, if they can survive his standup game. That was an insane KO.

Acording to interview with Volkov, UFC offered fight with him to other fighters including Tybura but only Johnson agreed to fight him. He also said that Kenny Johnson from Black House MMA gonna join him in this camp to help with Volkov's wrestling.

Back