Unleashing The Beast Within

Hence why I bought a belt. I was always extremely lazy with keep pressure in my abdomimals.

Congratulations on your reconstruction Miaou. I only know you as a guru on these forums, but I am proud as fuck of your achievements.

The liberation I imagine is much like that of king Theoden in Lord of the Rings the Two Towers.

"perhaps your body would remember it's old strength if your grasped your barbell"

Take it easy, broseph. Hope you're back to tip-top soon.

Thanks, man! I don't worry much, have been through much worse. :D

Sucks to get injured. Hoping that its nothing serious and you can get back to training quick!

Im glad I dont have your previous injuries, often times my form is not exactly what you would consider good.

Thanks, brosef. When I saw your DL vid I thought to myself "I'd probably never walk again or something if I lifted like that!" :icon_chee

Feel better soon.

Thanks, man!

Hence why I bought a belt. I was always extremely lazy with keep pressure in my abdomimals.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, belphious.

Congratulations on your reconstruction Miaou. I only know you as a guru on these forums, but I am proud as fuck of your achievements.

The liberation I imagine is much like that of king Theoden in Lord of the Rings the Two Towers.

"perhaps your body would remember it's old strength if your grasped your barbell"

I loled (in a good way) :icon_chee

Thanks a lot for the kind words, man!

Power Snatches
40/45/50 x 3
50 x 2

Squats
40/50/50 x 8

Good Mornings
40/50/50 x 5

SOHP (paused)
62.5 x 3 x 5

Face Pulls
70/80/80/80 x 10

Paused Bench w/ miniband
70 x 3 x 5

Seated Cable Rows
50 x 12 x 3

Triceps Rope Pushdowns
30 x 15 x 3

Seated Good Mornings
20/30 x 12 x 2

Looks like a long training session, but all the lower body stuff were very light sets in-between upper body work.

Lower-back pretty much hurts constantly, but it's still fairly functional and it's not any worse than it was yesterday, so I think this is the worst it's going to be. I expect it to be fine maybe a week from now. Squats were pain-free. Good mornings were particularly painful when trying to go to full ROM. Surprisingly enough, seated good mornings (with some lumbar spine rounding) were pain-free. Power snatches were shit since I was very apprehensive at doing anything explosive with the lower back.

SOHP was extremely hard, almost lost the last rep. This was a weight I've done for sets of 5 across before. 24 hours of pain may have had something to do with not being able to apply force when the spine is involved.

Moving on.

Last edited:
Paused Squats (low-bar, w/ 2 sec pause)
120 x 5 x 3

Good Mornings
40 x 5 x 2

Seated Good Mornings
20/30/40/50 x 12

Seated Single-leg Leg Curls
30 x 10 x 3

Standing Single-leg Calf Raises
BW x 15 x 3

Ab-wheel Rollouts
BW x 30 x 3

Lower-back still giving me hell. Was fine on squats and rollouts, good mornings probably aggravated it.

BW this morning = 92.4 kg.

Back injury?

Make sure you belt up for curls

Back injury?

Make sure you belt up for curls

Wise advice from a wise man.

If there ever was one appropriate time to belt up, that's for teh curls.

SOHP
70 X 1 X 5

Seated Cable Rows (narrow grip)
55 x 10 x 4

Paused Bench
75 x 3 x 6

Pull-ups (neutral grip, in-between bench sets)
BW x 8 x 4

Band Pullaparts
MB x 15 x 3

Incline DB Flies
12.5 x 12 x 2

SOHP reps were ok. Rest was ~3 mins, reps were slow but not extremely so.

Lower back is much better. Still don't have full mobility, still some constant background pain, still have pain when walking, but compared to a few days ago it's much better on all fronts.

Good to see your back feeling better

Power Cleans
80 x 2 x 5

Squats (low-bar)
140/160/170/180 x 1
155 x 3 x 3
100 x 10

DLs (hook grip)
120 x 5 x 3

Seated GMs
40/60/60 x 10

Seated Single-leg Leg Curls
27.5 x 13 x 3

Standing Single-leg Calf Raises
BW x 15+20 x 3

Ab-wheel Rollouts
BW+30/30/20 x 20

Seated Single-leg Calf Raises
30 x 12 x 3

BB Shrugs (hook grip)
140/160/140 x 10

Yes, long session with too much stuff; I just wanted to do some work. Worked up to 180 because I felt I needed to prove a point to myself; maybe not the wisest choice but fuck it (before the single I thought to myself "won't I feel like a jackass if this shit re-fucks the back!" :icon_lol:). 180 wasn't too hard, probably had a few kgs more in me today. 155 triples were slow as fuck, just didn't have the confidence to push them.

Lower-back is not 100% yet, but good enough. Very little/almost no pain when walking/sitting/lying. Don't have full ROM yet, but I expect it will be there in a couple of days. Good mornings (with an arched lower back) are still painful so avoided these and did some normal DLs instead.

tl;dr: I'm back.

Good to see your back feeling better

Thanks, man. I appreciate the support. :)

Just want to wish you luck with future injuries.
And that this guy reminded me of your training

[YT]ecXpMWs9vWg[/YT]

^ Lulz! Yeah, that dude is way ahead of me in the "becoming a beast" quest!

Thanks for the wishes, man!

You have any 2013 goals man?

I have a shoulder rehab question if you don't mind. I've been following this advice outlined in Jaunty's log:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/s...-not-without-my-trousers-2249979/index23.html (Page 23)

It's been about 3 weeks since I've done any lifting and my rotator is pain-free through a normal ROM but it does feel weak and not very stable compared to my right. Is this normal? I'm guessing it's just from inactivity and the fact that it's newly developed tissue that just needs to be strengthened. Should I be able to start with the 4-8 weeks of rehab, internal/external rotators and 30 degree abductions, or how can I decide when it's the right point.

I have seen a doctor, he was useless as far as giving me advice. He told me it should be fine and I should just not do anything to aggravate it. I have not received an MRI so I don't know 100% that there isn't a tear, but I am also pain-free right now and haven't received a cortisone shot or anything like that.

Thanks in advance if you can offer any advice.

^ Lulz! Yeah, that dude is way ahead of me in the "becoming a beast" quest!

Thanks for the wishes, man!

And your way ahead of me:cool:
I have a question: when and how are you planning to incorporate deadlifts into your programme?

Just want to wish you luck with future injuries.
And that this guy reminded me of your training

Damn, that guy is awesome:eek: I can't even do a forward roll. He is from Germany, I lived in Germany at least we have something in common:).

You have any 2013 goals man?

These are my goals for 2013:

Squat: 185 => 200
DL: 140 => 200
SOHP: 72.5 => 85

Power Clean: 90x2 => 110
Power Snatch: 60x2 => 80

Bench: 100 => max without health issues (120 would be great)
100m Sprint: blown hammies => 100% intensity without health issues (under 11.5 would be great)

These will probably hard to get, especially considering I'll be dropping some BW and and working on jumps this spring, but they are worthy goals to aim for.

What are yours?

What's the reason for dropping bodyweight?

It'll be good to see you deadlifting seriously.

I have a shoulder rehab question if you don't mind. I've been following this advice outlined in Jaunty's log:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/s...-not-without-my-trousers-2249979/index23.html (Page 23)

It's been about 3 weeks since I've done any lifting and my rotator is pain-free through a normal ROM but it does feel weak and not very stable compared to my right. Is this normal? I'm guessing it's just from inactivity and the fact that it's newly developed tissue that just needs to be strengthened. Should I be able to start with the 4-8 weeks of rehab, internal/external rotators and 30 degree abductions, or how can I decide when it's the right point.

I have seen a doctor, he was useless as far as giving me advice. He told me it should be fine and I should just not do anything to aggravate it. I have not received an MRI so I don't know 100% that there isn't a tear, but I am also pain-free right now and haven't received a cortisone shot or anything like that.

Thanks in advance if you can offer any advice.

Generally speaking, without knowing the exact situation with your shoulder, the first option with shoulder pain treatment is to treat it according to the symptoms. If your have full pain-free ROM, then taking more time completely off is not really going to help and might even be counterproductive.

If you want to play it conservatively, yes, you could do the entire rehab process outlined in jaunty's log (spend a couple of weeks working on rotator cuff and scapular stabilization work, starting light and gradually increasing the resistance/overall work volume, before you reintroduce the main lifts). Or, if your original injury wasn't that serious, you could simply start with the main lifts right away (but avoiding a certain exercise or intensity level if it seems to re-aggravate your injury) and do extra rotator cuff and shoulder stabilization work as part of your assistance.

Another thing not stressed in my directions to jaunty was that proper lifting form and general posture, motor patterns and shoulder ROM are of paramount importance for shoulder health. Jaunty had an "unlucky moment" type of injury and his posture and shoulder ROM were good to begin with so he didn't need to focus on them during his rehab. If these are things you might be lagging in, you should look to address them.

How are you programming your 100m training or are you just running?
11.5 is a great goal!

Back