Unleashing The Beast Within

I remember a period in this log before you graduated the first time where you were subsisting on ~4 hours of sleep per night on average and your lifts went in the shitter. You owe it to yourself to avoid that bullshit again.

I remember a period in this log before you graduated the first time where you were subsisting on ~4 hours of sleep per night on average and your lifts went in the shitter. You owe it to yourself to avoid that bullshit again.
Yeah, sleep has always been my weak point. The last couple of months have been less bad than before (still not averaging close to 8 hours per night, but not as bad as before), but I just started a master's program so that is probably going to translate into a sizeable time investment over the next two years.

Thanks for the interest, btw, that is a nice thing to say.

Been good. Had my first sanctioned meet two weeks ago and I'm training with a good team.
Sounds good. What category and attempts? Are you keep a training log somewhere else online?

Thursday, December 15th

Wall Angels

x10 x3

Wall Slides
x10 x3

Prone-grip Pull-aparts
MBx10 x3

Internal Shoulder Rotations
MBx5 x3

Internally-rotated Lateral Raises
[blue physio band]x10 x3

Since resting and avoiding activities that hurt it don't seem to have worked, I guess I have try do some actual rehab work for the left shoulder.

Friday, December 16th

DB Flies
(small incline)
10x20 x2
15x20 x2

A. JM DB Presses
12.5x15
15x15 x2

B. DB Curls
10x20
15x15 x2

A. Cable Face Pulls
x15 x2

B. Lateral DB Raises
7.5x20 x2

Yeah, sleep has always been my weak point. The last couple of months have been less bad than before (still not averaging close to 8 hours per night, but not as bad as before), but I just started a master's program so that is probably going to translate into a sizeable time investment over the next two years.

Thanks for the interest, btw, that is a nice thing to say.
That's cool, masters in what? What's your formal education btw miaou? The reason I ask is because you seem to know your stuff.

And I hope that you sleep well. I've been struggling with sleep for years so I know how much it sucks, especially if you are the type to think too much.

That's cool, masters in what? What's your formal education btw miaou? The reason I ask is because you seem to know your stuff.

And I hope that you sleep well. I've been struggling with sleep for years so I know how much it sucks, especially if you are the type to think too much.
Thanks, I have a degree in Sports Science and just started a 2-year master's program in "Athletic Performance Maximisation".

Living on a permanent sleep deficit sucks big hairy balls. I don't have issue with falling asleep once I hit the bed; I have issue with the day only having 24 hours. Too much to do, not enough time (and maybe a bit of inefficient time-management in the mix).

Saturday, December 17th

A. Wall Angels
x10 x2

B. Wall Slides
x10 x2

C. Supine-grip Pull-aparts
MBx12 x2

Incline Press
60x10
70x8 x3

Squats
170x3 x3
150x5

Bent-over Shoulder Dislocates
2.5x8 x2

Thanks, I have a degree in Sports Science and just started a 2-year master's program in "Athletic Performance Maximisation".

Living on a permanent sleep deficit sucks big hairy balls. I don't have issue with falling asleep once I hit the bed; I have issue with the day only having 24 hours. Too much to do, not enough time (and maybe a bit of inefficient time-management in the mix).
Ah sports science okay cool. I guess you seek out other stuff too? You seem a little beyond the curriculum. You work with clients as well right? And if so, in what capacity? Anyway! Good luck with your masters! Sounds very interesting!

Yeah I know what you mean. I have both, but it comes and goes. Sometimes I just can't fall asleep, other times it's a willingness to stay awake. Fortunately it's been getting a bit better this past year. It can really take a toll on you, especially when you want to progress your training AND further your education, and personal life. I was at a point where I had to change things around a little bit and cut back on some things. Served me well though!

Ah sports science okay cool...

Ι'm currently the S&C coach for a pro basketball team playing in the Greek major league. In the off-season I train athletes and personal training clients. Previously, I operated my own PT studio for a while, used to work as a coach in a S&C training center, etc.

Thanks for the wishes. Unfortunately, I expect to get very little out of the Master's. It's basically a huge time investment, just to make a few new connections, get one or two publications under my name and add an "MSc" title to my bio.

In other news, we were playing against Panathinaikos (one of the biggest European basketball teams) this afternoon, got really close to pulling off the upset, ended up losing by 5. Had we won, I would be looking at 8 hours of shitfaced partying with the players. What a bummer.

Sunday, December 18th

Jump Rope

x120
x120 (alternating single-leg)
x60 x3 (double unders)

Fast Hang High Pulls
100x8 x3

Overhead Press
50x6
60x6 x3

Best the overhead lockout has felt since August's shoulder pain.

Ι'm currently the S&C coach for a pro basketball team playing in the Greek major league. In the off-season I train athletes and personal training clients. Previously, I operated my own PT studio for a while, used to work as a coach in a S&C training center, etc.

Thanks for the wishes. Unfortunately, I expect to get very little out of the Master's. It's basically a huge time investment, just to make a few new connections, get one or two publications under my name and add an "MSc" title to my bio.

In other news, we were playing against Panathinaikos (one of the biggest European basketball teams) this afternoon, got really close to pulling off the upset, ended up losing by 5. Had we won, I would be looking at 8 hours of shitfaced partying with the players. What a bummer.
I see, that makes a lot of sense. I really want to get into working with athletes at some point when I'm done with my degree. Must be awesome! Haha too bad about not getting shitfaced!

Either way, sounds like a good idea with the masters, even if it's mostly for show. Have a good Christmas btw!

Monday, December 19th

AM:

A. Wall Angels
x10 x3

B. Wall Slides
x10 x3

C. Prone-grip Pull-aparts
MBx15 x3

PM:

Squats
160x5
170x5 x2

A. Bench Press
80x8 x4

B. Chin-ups
x12 x4

They don't party regardless?

They don't party regardless?
You can go out and get a couple of drinks, but you can't really party after a loss, breh.

Plus, as their coach, I can't really go out and celebrate a loss with the players.

who said anything about celebrating? LOL
Just buggin ya, Brotractor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back