University of Michigan Students ‘Intimidated’ by ‘Masculine’ Wood Paneling in Academic Buildings

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Students at the prestigious University of Michigan are claiming to be “intimidated” by the “masculine” wood paneling on the walls of academic buildings on campus.
Anna Wibbelman, former president of Building a Better Michigan, stated at a student government meeting that “minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling” of several academic buildings around campus.

The primary building in question, the Michigan Union building, is a historical building on campus and serves as one of the most recognizable landmarks of the university.

Although the building is set to undergo a pricey $85.2 million renovation, the wood paneling is here to stay, to the dismay of minority students who finds it presence to be “intimidating.”

“There is a significant presence of wood paneling on the interior of the building and we expect most, if not all of it, will remain after the renovation,” said University of Michigan spokesperson Rick Fitzgerald.

Although students have expressed concern about the welcoming nature of the building, Fitzgerald claims that students have not specifically complained to the administration about the wood paneling ahead of the building’s upcoming renovation.

Concern about the paneling is not something that has been brought forward to the university as a concern from students, who have been involved with developing this project for several years and through dozens of meetings. Students certainly have expressed a desire that the renovation assures a welcoming, inviting, and student-oriented building. It is their building.

I had planned on coming up with something at least marginally funny to say about this but really, it's just not that funny. In fact, it's rather sad. This, this is what so many of our young adults have come to. And shame on Mr. Fitzgerald for not telling them to grow the fuck up and go to class.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...asculine-wood-paneling-in-academic-buildings/

I had planned on coming up with something at least marginally funny to say about this but really, it's just not that funny. In fact, it's rather sad. This, this is what so many of our young adults have come to. And shame on Mr. Fitzgerald for not telling them to grow the fuck up and go to class.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/...asculine-wood-paneling-in-academic-buildings/
I'm not gonna give that garbage site a click, but the headline is funny.
That bulging masculine wood paneling

Pics of this masculine paneling? Asking for a friend.

I'm not gonna give that garbage site a click, but the headline is funny.
That bulging masculine wood paneling
Some lady at a recent student government meeting stated "minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling".

And, there are no pics of the wood paneling in question. They were deemed entirely too masculine and intimidating for general online consumption.

Some lady at a recent student government meeting stated "minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing masculine paneling".
Five years ago I might've called that bullshit, nowadays it's totally believable.
This nation is filling up with special snowflakes

Are there any legitimate sources? Breitbart is as fake news as fake news.

Michigan obviously didn't have a gay guy do the interior decorating.

Why the fuck is this news

I hear worse complaints on sherdog every day.

When people start listening to this shit ok but some idiot whinging aint news.

Why the fuck is this news

I hear worse complaints on sherdog every day.

When people start listening to this shit ok but some idiot whinging aint news.
It's worth shining a light on because this is the type of shit that is becoming all too familiar too often on American campuses.

They should tell them it's made out of Syrian Cedar so in all actuality, it's Paneling of Peace.

EXCLUSIVE! Pics of the wood they are intimidated by

Abstract-Wood-Carved-Male-Torso-Sculpture.jpg

Abstract-Wood-Carved-Male-Torso-Sculpture3.jpg

It's worth shining a light on because this is the type of shit that is becoming all too familiar too often on American campuses.

I agree to a certain extent. Although it's annoying that stuff like this happens, in this case, it was one girl that mentioned it at one meeting. Even the faculty quoted said that no one has raised concerns.

Fringe sites like Breitbart, and TheCollegeFix (which the Fox News page directed us to) make their money on this type of outrage stuff, making it sound much more prevalent than it really is.

Back