United States and Japan to battle in giant robot war! (UPDATE: Going down 10/17!)

Anyone else noticing a resemblance between the MegaBots' Mark II in the OP and this motherfucker?

giphy+%281%29.gif

Looks like Blomkamp's shitty ripoff of the ED-209 for Chappie.

RPtcWxnpXl8x.jpg

Anybody remember this fucking shit?

51EGDYR82VL._SY445_.jpg

Actually a passable enough movie that it deserves better than to have been completely forgotten.

Gary Graham was also a somewhat underrated actor. I guess I should say IS, since he's still working.

I do think a year is a short time for an engineering project of this magnitude.

Good luck to Japan.

I forget where but they were describing Japan's economy before the economical bubble busted in the mid-90's and the guy said "the cold war is over and Japan won." Thought that was pretty clever and really funny in retrospect.

Actually a passable enough movie that it deserves better than to have been completely forgotten.

Gary Graham was also a somewhat underrated actor. I guess I should say IS, since he's still working.

Ha, man I probably haven't seen that movie since I was 11 years old. I remember basically nothing about it but the clips on YT look equal parts awesome and hilariously shitty.

Ha, man I probably haven't seen that movie since I was 11 years old. I remember basically nothing about it but the clips on YT look equal parts awesome and hilariously shitty.

I don't remember who made it, but it has that Roger Corman "stretch every dollar of budget into $20 worth" sort of charm.

American robot looks like a heavy equipment construction vehicle and japanese one looks like a intricate piece of engineering with lots of sensors that can go wrong.

Plebs don't even realize Japan has already won the robot war:

maxresdefault.jpg

If watching Gundam Wing and NGE as a kid taught me anything, it's that the Japanese are experts in mechanized warfare, this is a fight the US cannot win.

Saw Gundam when I was there.

latest

Lucky bastard!

If watching Gundam Wing and NGE as a kid taught me anything, it's that the Japanese are experts in mechanized warfare, this is a fight the US cannot win.

Yeah seems like Western designers stick with the same old boxy robots with treads and crap. Mechwarrior shit that's almost forty years old and played out as fuck.

Back