United States and Japan to battle in giant robot war! (UPDATE: Going down 10/17!)

lol, so that japan can say that we're 1-1 in world wars?

Anyone else noticing a resemblance between the MegaBots' Mark II in the OP and this motherfucker?

giphy+%281%29.gif

Awesome.

"We tested the Mark II to see if it would survive in combat. The robot would but we, the pilots, wouldn’t.”
Pfft, that's all? Let's go!

<{JustBleed}>

Caterpillar tracks, while stable, is boring AF! That's just a glorified tractor.

Them boys in Japan think it's a game.

we need to get our best guys from MIT on this

GET REKT USA #1 MOTHERFUCKERS

It's like World War II all over again!

If you're breathing a sigh of relief and saying to yourself, "A giant mech war! Fucking finally!" then trust me, I know the feeling.

According to Digital Trends:

Eventually terms were agreed upon and preparations were made:

Full article here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/usa-and-japan-are-having-a-giant-robot-duel/

MegaBots:

megabots-mark-ii.jpg

VS

Suidobashi:

kuratas-mobile-suit-mecha-robot-you-can-actually-ride.jpg

The original challenge from 2015:

And Suidobashi's response:

I would like to see a battle of detachable penises

USA will win. The robot is more practical for the battle, as it's designed to do this one thing. Japan is a lot more complex and a showcase of future engineering, and a lot more delicate.

USA will win. The robot is more practical for the battle, as it's designed to do this one thing. Japan is a lot more complex and a showcase of future engineering, and a lot more delicate.

Yeah the japanese one looks a lot cooler and more complex. Plus it's not really fair that the American guys have had this challenge in mind for awhile, and the Japanese guys just had it land in their lap.

The USA bot uses tank treads. All it has to do is ram the Japanese robot and it's over.

Chicken and robot??

Back