United States and Japan to battle in giant robot war! (UPDATE: Going down 10/17!)

Japanese dont do well when they travel overseas

this is wat our tax dollars r goin 2? thx obama

If we know one thing, it's weapons of mass destruction. USA baby!

If we know one thing, it's weapons of mass destruction. USA baby!

The Japanese refused weapon vs weapon robot action. They wanted melee battle, robot fist to robot fist.

Murrica, f yeah!

kuratas Robot looks dope though

Tough one but I would say the robot would be more efficient than any human on this planet. :icon_chee

Looks awesome but I will let people with more disposable income than me put their money into something that is intended to be destroyed,

"Both teams, however, want their 'bots to end up damaged or destroyed -- and given that they weigh a combined 27,000 pounds and stand 27 feet tall...."

It's like World War II all over again!

If you're breathing a sigh of relief and saying to yourself, "A giant mech war! Fucking finally!" then trust me, I know the feeling.

According to Digital Trends:

If you’re a red-blooded, testosterone-pumping tech fan who likes your gear served up with a thick-crusted slice of pro wrestling pageantry, the only confrontation that matters this year is the one pitting Californian robotics company Megabots against Japanese robotics company Suidobashi in a totally awesome robot duel that’s been years in the making.

Set to finally take place this August (an announcement made this week), the date is the culmination of thousands of hours both companies have spent building giant human-driven mech robots — you know, like those things out of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.

Eventually terms were agreed upon and preparations were made:

“In 2015, we challenged Suidobashi Heavy Industries to a Giant Robot Duel between our existing Mark II robot and their KURATAS robot,” Gui Cavalcanti, CEO and co-founder of Megabots told Digital Trends. “They accepted the challenge, and upped the ante to include hand-to-hand combat. We tested the Mark II to see if it would survive in combat. The robot would but we, the pilots, wouldn’t.”

Like a Rocky training montage, Cavalcanti and his team went back to the drawing board for a rethink, and emerged with the Mark III robot.

Full article here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/usa-and-japan-are-having-a-giant-robot-duel/

MegaBots:

megabots_mkii.png

megabots-mark-ii.jpg

VS

Suidobashi:

kuratas-mobile-suit-mecha-robot-you-can-actually-ride.jpg

The original challenge from 2015:

And Suidobashi's response:

Last edited by a moderator:
Atom is still the people's champ

They've been squabbling over this robot challenge since 2015.

So its basically like a battle from that old comedy central show?

Also, lol @ Japan's fickle transformer looking piece of shit. America will win. If not, murder those who built the robot

Just when I think I'm losing faith in humanity something like this comes along to restore it.

Back