Union Samurai vs Julius Indongo next

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Indongo is getting smashed here.

Lipinetz was originally supposed to fight Indongo but Indongo chose to unify instead of the IBF allowed it.

To that, Vaysfeld remarked - "Here's what it is, they can offer us step-aside money - which we're not going to take. They can apply for another unification and that's with the IBF to either let it go or give them 90 days to put in another unification. But none of that stuff is going to take place.

"I just talked to (Al) Haymon and he reassured me that Lipinets is going to fight Indongo or Idongo is going to vacate the belt. But ideally we want Idongo to bring the belts, we'll fight for it and may the best man win."

Last edited:
Lets hope this is PBC bound, since Lipinetz his PBC/Showtime crew.

The ONLY way Indongo can avoid this fight is by choosing to unify the belt with Terence Crawford. If not, he has to fight Lipinetz or vacate.

Will be interesting to see the lines if the match gets made and when they get released. Indongo won me a lot of money beating Burns and specifically by decision. But Lipinets has been one of my favorite boxers for a while and I love his body punches, so I hope he is the underdog after the title unification upset that Indongo just pulled off.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indongo ducking Lipinetz, saving himself from an ass whoopin

"According to my information, Indongo is going to drop this belt. And then Lipinets will fight with the next candidate, which is most likely going be Maurice Hooker. If that's going to be the case, then the fight will take place on the Kovalev -Ward event," Vaysfeld said.
http://www.boxingscene.com/indongo-...-115807?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Its a shame because Maurice Hooker is not contender material. Its a bigger shame because Lipinetz was supposed to be on PBC but now will be on a card that very little people will buy

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indongo ducking Lipinetz, saving himself from an ass whoopin

http://www.boxingscene.com/indongo-...-115807?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Its a shame because Maurice Hooker is not contender material. Its a bigger shame because Lipinetz was supposed to be on PBC but now will be on a card that very little people will buy

I'm looking at the IBF's rankings right now. While Lipinets is the top contender (he won the title eliminator vs Zappavigna), there's no #2 (NR) and the next highest ranked contender is Akihiro Kondo of Japan. Hooker is ranked after Kondo at #4 and in his fight before last he was gifted a Split Decision over Perez in what was the robbery of the year on the Kovalev-Ward card in November. At best Hooker won 2 out of 10 rounds against Perez.

Here are the IBF's current rankings (for March, updated April 3rd) for the Jr. Welterweight division IBF Ratings

Last edited:
The samurai will cut down maurice. It linda sucks that blue ducked but thats how it goes.

Back