Understanding why Conor's card (UFC 229) isn't going to be "stacked"

PROlogic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor's UFC 202 event wasnt stacked either, and Conor ended up breaking the all time UFC PPV record.

Conor is projected to do 2 million buys for his highly anticipated return

As many others have said already, why stack fights on this card, when every one only cares about Conor, and when you can save other fights for more cards?

Conor would do 1million+ against the stadium janitor. Conor is the biggest star in combat sports history who always sells no matter against who

Plus it works in Conor's favor. Other champs and fighters will NO longer be able to LEECH PPV points OFF of Conor's star power and Conor's brand

It's a win win for both Conor and UFC. For Conor, and for the UFC. They don't have to overpay fighters like Woodley who leeched off Conor, who didn't deserve those PPV points on their own

I think the goal with a huge Conor event is to put young prospects on Conor's undercard, who you want Conor to give exposure to, and whom UFC can showcase

This is the time to put the prospects out there. If they impress, as all eyes are watching Conor, then they will gain a ton of exposure that nothing else could ever beat

Sean O'Malley would be perfect.

They really need to put him on Conor's undercard to help grow O'Malley. It works even better since O'Malley looks up to Conor. Conor would want to help O'Malley out.

229 will be the Conor show + the opportunity to showcase young fighters that Conor and the UFC like and want to grow. Maybe put some promising young fighters from SGB on the undercard too

I would love to see Sean O'Malley headline Conor's undercard on Fox

The card hasn't been completely put together be patient.

Khabib is fighting that night as well. He brings something to the table.

A few weeks ago I was walking by this pond near my house, and I saw this duck standing on the shore. There were a bunch of other ducks in the water just staring at him. So , this duck would start quacking for a bit and then stop, and all the ducks in the water started quacking together.

Idk it just looked like a duck was doing stand-up comedy.

The main event will sell the PPV itself. Why make it stacked when you can get exposure to build some future stars...

They don't need to stack it but right now it looks like trash. At least get Kevin Lee on the card in case Khabib don't make it.

The main event will sell the PPV itself. Why make it stacked when you can get exposure to build some future stars...
Exactly.

I really hope Sean O'Malley gets to headline the undercard on fox...or at least open up for Conor's main card

O'Malley has a lot of potential. All though, it's only 2 months away. Is O'Malley healthy and who can he fight?

Conor's UFC 202 event wasnt stacked either, and Conor ended up breaking the all time UFC PPV record.

As many others have said already, why stack fights on this card, when every one only cares about Conor, and when you can save other fights for more cards?

Conor would do 1million+ against the stadium janitor. Conor is the biggest star in combat sports history who always sells no matter against who

Plus it works in Conor's favor. Other champs and fighters will NO longer be able to LEECH PPV points OFF of Conor's star power and Conor's brand

It's a win win for both Conor and UFC. For Conor, and for the UFC. They don't have to overpay fighters like Woodley who leeched off Conor, who didn't deserve those PPV points on their own

I think the goal with a huge Conor event is to put young prospects on Conor's undercard, who you want Conor to give exposure to, and whom UFC can showcase

This is the time to put the prospects out there. If they impress, as all eyes are watching Conor, then they will gain a ton of exposure that nothing else could ever beat

They really need to put him on Conor's undercard to help grow O'Malley. It works even better since O'Malley looks up to Conor. Conor would want to help O'Malley out.

229 will be the Conor show + the opportunity to showcase young fighters that Conor and the UFC like and want to grow. Maybe put some promising young fighters from SGB on the undercard too

Why O'Malley? What's so good about him? Honest question, never seen him fight.

Why O'Malley? What's so good about him? Honest question, never seen him fight.
Personality wise or skill wise?

As a fighter, he's obviously very young and still learning, but he shows a lot of promise.

He says Conor is his favorite fighter and that he watches nothing but Conor and tries to emulate his style after Conors.

You can see the influence in O'Malley's style.

O'Malley is a tall long fighter who has the karate stance yet is more about boxing. It reminds me of when Cujudo changed his stance, outlook, priorities, and became a totally different fighter

O'Malley has the left high kick and when fighters start to become concerned with blocking the high kick, he pumps the left straight. He alternates.

He has shown a good penchant for countering

Kid has a lot of promise

However personality wise he still has a lot more to work on.

I personally don't like that he's trying to make his shtick about weed. Thats not going to sell. Potheads are so niche and it's so outdated and overplayed now

But once O'Malley starts to mature, I think he can get there personality wise. I would like for him to embrace his unique or quirky traits

You literally wrote "Conor" 22 times in that wall of shit you just posted TS. Get off his little Irish nuts already.

that cayse the ufc is smart and doesn't need to out 3 title fights on ufc 229 since the world says say conor names and it sell 1.5 ppv buys.

Because a ton of casuals will be watching and you want the most exciting fights on it and guys the casuals will pay to watch fight again

Pull some fat bitches from the stands throw them a fin & a case of beer and tell them to throw hooks .

Biggest star in combat sports history?

Lmaoooooooo

I mean, do you really believe this shit you spew? Who told you, your family full of Time Warner executives?

You're a fucking joke.

After Khabib wins he'll be able to headline cards all by himself.

The UFC would be retarded to not put one (or two) of these guys on the card in case of last minute injury, weight cutting near death experience or tub KO

Kevin Lee
Tony Ferguson
Dustin/Nate

You literally wrote "Conor" 22 times in that wall of shit you just posted TS. Get off his little Irish nuts already.

you literally count the times TS wrote "conor" on his wall of shit just posted. Get off his little Irish nuts already.

Back