Underrated comfortable clothes

ddM

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I find the standard short T-shirt and trousers fairly uncomfortable.
Last time I went looking for alternatives I was shocked by how hard it is to find anything else.
This is all I found in that couple of weeks of looking around (though I'm very happy with what has honestly been a QoL increase):

1. Simple long shirt/tunic: I had a hell of a time finding them but there's something in the extra weight, slightly lower centre of gravity and extra insulation that makes me never want to wear a normal T-shirt again.
2. Tightish-long-john-material-full-arm-T-shirts: I wear these as vests. They're really warm, and the constant light pressure on your skin is like a physical focus or white noise. Cheap and easy to find.

I have spare time and energy so I'm looking again, so I'm here to ask: What underknown, comfortable types of clothes do you wear, or know of?

_

Couple of things in my head atm that I might as well post:

Anyone know where can you get formal trousers with elastic waists?

Those white robes muslims wear look pretty comfortable.

There must be loads of ethnic clothing types that I know nothing about, also ones that won't offend muslims.

Is T-shirt and trousers "Western" ethnic?

Is there such a thing as full length clothing that hangs from your shoulders or neck?

_

To be honest I normally wear the 5.00 old navy plain t shirts and basketball shorts unless I'm going out for dinner or somewhere semi important.

Borat thong

I really don't understand how jeans are considered so casual. I used to wear them all the time throughout high school and college, but I'm actually more comfortable in my dress pants for work now. When I put on jeans, they feel so restrictive.

So I guess my answer would be dress pants.

sock-and-sandals.JPG

Apparently this is now in style. It's about time.

Tank top and shorts are super comfortable. I usually wear camo cargo shorts during the summer.

I hate the feeling of jeans. They feel too stiff imo. I prefer those cotton/spandex levi's. Super comfy.

I really don't understand how jeans are considered so casual. I used to wear them all the time throughout high school and college, but I'm actually more comfortable in my dress pants for work now. When I put on jeans, they feel so restrictive.

Same here, man. Same here. Do you wear a different style of jeans now as opposed to when you were in high school or college?

Back in high school and college I wore baggier jeans. Now that I am an adult, I wear regular jeans. On top of that, I squat a lot and am noticeably more muscular than I was in my younger years.

Baggy or loose jeans are TOO baggy/loose for me now, and regular fit jeans are just skin tight around my quads and are seriously uncomfortable in and around the groin area.

When chillin' around the house I stick to basketball shorts or pajama pants.

When out and about I like khakis.

Many formal trousers are available with elastic waists now, since everybody's so fat. They build them into belt line subtly so you get like 2 inches of stretch and can continue buying pants with the same waist size despite getting progressively fatter.

Anyway, I like an oxford cloth button up long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Button it all the way up of you're going anywhere decent, but just grabbing something from the Chinese takeout you can button just the middle to keep it decent.

Same here, man. Same here. Do you wear a different style of jeans now as opposed to when you were in high school or college?

Back in high school and college I wore baggier jeans. Now that I am an adult, I wear regular jeans. On top of that, I squat a lot and am noticeably more muscular than I was in my younger years.

Baggy or loose jeans are TOO baggy/loose for me now, and regular fit jeans are just skin tight around my quads and are seriously uncomfortable in and around the groin area.

When chillin' around the house I stick to basketball shorts or pajama pants.

When out and about I like khakis.

Actually, I do not even own a pair of jeans anymore. I used to wear Levi's 501s or 505s if I remember right. One was just a button fly and the other was zip, so the style was basically the same.

I actually wear shorts most of the time unless it's winter and I wear khakis. Jeans fucking suck IMO.

jeans are worth shopping around for to find comfortable ones. there real advantage is not having to wash them so much. i swear i don't smell.

A kilt seems like a decent idea. Except winter is coming.

I buy used Polo cargo pants off Ebay. Cheap, high quality, very comfortable, side pockets I can cram my phone and wallet into, they're the shit. I don't really care if the fashion is elsewhere, I'm comfortable.

If I could get away with wearing cargo short/pants and a UA charged cotton t-shirt and a hoodie at work, I'd be in the zone. Unfortunate "collared shirt" rule makes it impossible, but a few polos I have are pretty comfy. The Ecco shoes I have are like glove leather, that helps.

A kilt seems like a decent idea. Except winter is coming.

I buy used Polo cargo pants off Ebay. Cheap, high quality, very comfortable, side pockets I can cram my phone and wallet into, they're the shit. I don't really care if the fashion is elsewhere, I'm comfortable.

If I could get away with wearing cargo short/pants and a UA charged cotton t-shirt and a hoodie at work, I'd be in the zone. Unfortunate "collared shirt" rule makes it impossible, but a few polos I have are pretty comfy. The Ecco shoes I have are like glove leather, that helps.

Not trying to sound like a "UA Bro" but the Under Armour polos are pretty comfy too.

Plus I have to gold bond up when I wear jeans. They cause swamp ass on hot days.

Not trying to sound like a "UA Bro" but the Under Armour polos are pretty comfy too.

I have one, it's one of my favorite shirts. The thing comes out of the dryer with no wrinkles, ready to wear. Those UA guys are magicians with fabric.

I have one, it's one of my favorite shirts. The thing comes out of the dryer with no wrinkles, ready to wear. Those UA guys are magicians with fabric.

Yep exactly. My favorite part about UA stuff is the no wrinkles. The military made me into a wrinkle free machine but I hate ironing.

I love soft dress pants, but I hate firm khakis. They are terrible.

Back