Underrated “WTF ref?” Moments?

jSwjE66.gif

Add Underrated to list of words that Sherdog does not know of the definition of.

I know this is WAY old school, but I still love Pat Smith/Scott Morris where Big John just watched that guy get his brains beat in until Pat Smith decided he had enough and just stopped hitting him. Big John served absolutely no purpose, it wasn't a late stoppage, it was a no stoppage.

8_Josh_Burkman_vs._Jon_Fitch.gif

Fitch went out cold and Burkman released the choke before Mazzagatti even considered worrying about what was going on. By the time he'd have actually started checking, Fitch would have already been at least suffering from severe brain damage. Burkman literally saved his life, the ref wasn't even on the right side to see Fitch.

That was hard to watch

This one always gets me, Olaf was done, but instead of jumping in the fucking ref decided he to run across the cage to collect the gum shield and let Olaf take some nasty punches.
mccullough_alfonso.gif

Here's an equally tough watch of Olaf being murdered again, what the fuck ref? Stop it dude, seriously though, dude stop the fight! HE'S DEAD!!

I think they learn to count to ten while the fighter is motionless. This ref did the right thing

Add Underrated to list of words that Sherdog does not know of the definition of.
I think everyone is ignoring that word as it doesn't really make sense in this context, and instead just posting what they feel is on topic

Hope that's ok with you? Sorry if we fucked up your day

Because Olaf was a guy who would never quit in a fight even from submission.
So they knew their fighter.

I am talking about the fighters in general, it's ok to know him/her but letting him/her getting unnecessary damage is stupid.

I am talking about the fighters in general, it's ok to know him/her but letting him/her getting unnecessary damage is stupid.

I hear you. It was a different time back then. Certain guys and their corners knew to not stop the fight.
Enson Inoue is another guy like that

Herb dean got on my fucking tits a few weeks ago

You had Teymur and Klose both doing nothing
Except Klose was holding his hands out saying 'come on'

Dean starts punishing ONLY Teymur who is a known counter striker as it is

When Herb Dean told David Teymur to engage when he was picking apart Drakkar Klose at range and on the counter.
when i seen it live i thought it was an alright call. rewatching the fight i was dead wrong. that was a horrible call

Show Roy booting the ref up the ass.

Also that Herb Dean moment where he doesn't grab the Count's mouthpiece and let's Silva almost cheat his way to a win in the Octagon.

This one always gets me, Olaf was done, but instead of jumping in the fucking ref decided he to run across the cage to collect the gum shield and let Olaf take some nasty punches.
mccullough_alfonso.gif

Here's an equally tough watch of Olaf being murdered again, what the fuck ref? Stop it dude, seriously though, dude stop the fight! HE'S DEAD!!

Olaf is one of the toughest motherfuckers ever. If Olaf was walking to the cage you knew you were in for a bloody, violent, awesome time.

Olaf is one of the toughest motherfuckers ever. If Olaf was walking to the cage you knew you were in for a bloody, violent, awesome time.
That first fight with Polakowski was insane, one for the ages. Man he took some punishment

Dude was turtled up eating vicious ground and pound for almost the whole fight and ref actually STOOD THEM UP while OSP was pummeling his head into the canvas. Horrible

What are some other ref fuckups people dont mention much?

I remember that,that was Mike England,the same ref that told Tonya Evinger she couldn't stand on the face to get out of the armbar of Kunitskaya a few fights ago resulting in Tonya tapping in a title fight.The fight got overturned to a NC and Tonya smoked her in the rematch.How are you a ref and not know simple rules?Disgusting referee,everytime he's out it's just pathetic,but I blame the commissions more for sending these idiots out over and over.

Back