Underappreciated Tag Teams

catchwrestle

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of tag team wrestling, especially of real tag teams not just two random guys thrown together for a one off match. Currently I'm really enjoying the work of The Bar, Two guys who blended well and actually wrestle as a team not two individuals. Growing up I was a huge Steiner Brothers mark. As I've been watching some old tag team wrestling on the network I've come to appreciate the Nasty Boys. Hated them as kid but many I am entertained by every one of their matches. They'll never get listed in a top 10 tag teams but they did their thing all over the world, won some titles, weren't afraid to take bumps, and always put on a show. So I guess I'm sending out some Nasty Boys praise. Any other teams you guys think don't get enough credit?

I'm gonna go pretty far off the radar here and say The Beverly Brothers.

Here's a match they have with the Nasties in WWE.

Couple of observations

- Its been quite a while since I've watched Saggs and Nobbs. Those guys moved around pretty damned well for two big fat boys.

- The Beverlys sell their asses off for the Nasties.

- The Beverlys look almost like a WWE version of the Midnight Express. Not saying they are on their level whatsoever, but they work similar, and have all the heelish shit down pat.

The Hollywood Blondes are an obvious choice here as well, but I thought I would dig deep into the bag

Great find. What a hot crowd. Goes to show that you don't have to know tons of wrestling moves if you have charisma in the ring and can work a crowd. Nice point about the Beverlys and the midnight express. I will agree with you on the Hollywood blondes as well

63877fe6efa27474647a00b37047b9e3.jpg

Speaking of inc.

... And money

Beer-Money-Inc-tna-wrestling-14854493-1024-768.jpg

Last edited:
I wont call them underappreciated because they werent around very long(car crash changed their careers) but the New Breed were such a great tag team and couldve been stars if they stuck around longer
Their run in Jim Crockett Promotions in the late 80's was freakin awesome
They were the anti Rock N Roll Express and came in right when the RNRs were getting stale
Their promos against The Sheepherders were hilarious and some of the best stuff on that show outside of Jim Cornette

633d6ffa67f159bca989324d4e9e8859.jpg

Paul Roma was a flop as a Horseman but that superplex/splash combination these two did was a thing of beauty.

Earthquake was such a great big man it wasn’t even funny. He should’ve been pushed harder.

He could move and cut a good promo. He was scary. He didn’t get the respect he deserved

Timothy Well and Steven Dunn....Well Dunn.
They were like the next step down Beverly Brothers.

If only Death and Taxes came to fruition........

irsvut08.jpg

Liked the Rougeaus just for their entrance theme......

The answer for me is demolition. I preferred them to LOD, but the wwe didn't feel the same.

Also, billy and chucky was pretty funny.

Last edited:
The answer for me is demolition. I preferred them to LOD, butbthey wwe didn't feel the same.

Haven't they been involved in several dodgy lawsuits against WWE?

Pretty sure that's why their legacy is under stated.

The answer for me is demolition. I preferred them to LOD, butbthey wwe didn't feel the same.

I do think Billy and Chuck had one of the most memorable themes form that time

Back