Undefeated LFA Champion James Nakashima Fights at ONEFc this Weekend

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/54599-one-championship-conquest-of-champions

I have to say I am extremely surprised by this. LFA is historically a feeder promotion to the UFC, barring limited exceptions (ie: Lovato).

Not only this, but let's look at some additional context here. Nakashima's last fight was against Kyle Stewart. Going into that fight, not only was Stewart undefeated, but he had recently scored a KO win on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series.

You also have to consider that Nakashima hasn't finished a single fight in his career which is the likely reason the UFC weren't pursuing him further. Same reason they never went after Andre Harrison.

I think One is a great spot for him though. One just keeps adding to their roster and making moves, guy hes fighting is no scrub too.

Gearing up for that Japanese market. If he looks good this weekend you can bet he will be on the Tokyo card. He may he American and look white, but he has the name.

Gearing up for that Japanese market. If he looks good this weekend you can bet he will be on the Tokyo card. He may he American and look white, but he has the name.
what % Japanese is he? Or is he pulling a Liz Warren on us?

what % Japanese is he? Or is he pulling a Liz Warren on us?
No telling. He looks like a white guy, from what I've seen. But his name is Japanese, so I'd imagine that he has at least a decent amount of Japanese blood in him. Can't really tell by looking at him though.
James_Nakashima.jpg

JBXENFJUOZDGYIW.20100924161053.JPG

Maybe 5% japanese?

Back