Uncle Dana just confirmed it's Joanna vs. Andrade is next

Not sure where exactly you get the impression that I have some sort of "amazing knowledge" of MMA, or that the fact that I enjoy dissecting MMA means that I'm successful at doing so? I never claimed, nor implied, that I'm some sort of an MMA mastermind in the first place, but rather elaborated on what drives my interest for following MMA when the subject came up.

If you actually read what I wrote, you would know that the level of technical execution displayed by the women is hardly relevant to my enjoyment levels of watching them in the first place. The fact that the vehicle putting the techniques into use doesn't represent peak athletic potential in humans (or atleast as close to it as I'm able to witness), already makes it boring and irrelevant to me.

Look at it like this: due to the radical differences in physiological dynamics, WMMA has an entirely seperate meta-game of its own. For example, what could objectively be considered an extremely threatening position in MMA, often isn't the same in WMMA. The threats a woman's body can present to another are different and more restricted than what a male's body is capable of doing to anothers'.

Oh, and the part about finding quantifiable answers? I was referring to the results, where one fighter representing a combination of a certain skillset and physique wins, and the one representing another loses. Quantifiably so.

Go back to playing video games and shut the fuck up-PLEASE. You cannot POSSIBLY be this annoying in real life.

maxresdefault.jpg

Lemme interrupt you there-no I do not care about your fucking opinion. No one does.

This is easily the best match to make, I feel that Andrade wins 1 and maybe 2 like Gadelha (remember that jab knockdown early?) but Jo takes the rest of the fight and maaaybe...I wanna say she finishes her but yeah, like someone already said Andrade is FemLineker so that's probably not in the cards.

No.

I watch and dissect MMA for witnessing the development of a fighting meta-game, ie. to find quantifiable answers to which stylistic mashup combined with the unique physiological tools at an athlete's disposal prevails over all the others. Not a surprise that it was GSP who made me interested in the sport.

Women are inferior to begin with when it comes to athletic potential, so watching them slug it out does nothing for me in terms of finding out what's objectively the most efficient way to fight, since the physiological tools available to them are a restricted lite-version in comparison to what the top tier male fighters are working with.

I don't get excited over the notion of a fight being close and filled with what you'd call 'drama' in this context.

Do you apply this to men's MMA too? Do you only watch the HWs or something? I think GSP would probably get beaten at LHW and HW.

I'm taking Joanna, she is more technical and will have better footwork to avoid being cornered and If Andrade uses the same strategy as she last did Joanna will counter her easy.

Andrade is a scary match up for JJ. I'm excited for this one.

Very good matchup.

Good to see some divisions are ran properly. Paige and Grasso getting their just deserts for being pushed up due to cuteness level as well.
they're still better looking

but yea, you get your ass kicked in the brutal sport of fighting at some point - still remember when gina was fed to cyborg - what were they thinking? ha

No.

I watch and dissect MMA for witnessing the development of a fighting meta-game, ie. to find quantifiable answers to which stylistic mashup combined with the unique physiological tools at an athlete's disposal prevails over all the others. Not a surprise that it was GSP who made me interested in the sport.

Women are inferior to begin with when it comes to athletic potential, so watching them slug it out does nothing for me in terms of finding out what's objectively the most efficient way to fight, since the physiological tools available to them are a restricted lite-version in comparison to what the top tier male fighters are working with.

I don't get excited over the notion of a fight being close and filled with what you'd call 'drama' in this context.
What is the conclusion of your studies at this point? I'm changing my game planning to meet your findings so be thorough and above all, honest.

Makes sense. This is gonna be action packed.

Definitely looking forward to this fight. Should be very exciting. Andrade is like a very mini Cyborg.

they're still better looking

but yea, you get your ass kicked in the brutal sport of fighting at some point - still remember when gina was fed to cyborg - what were they thinking? ha

They are still better looking but that doesn't translate to being the better fighter so the promotion becomes a waste as the real cream will always rise to the top no matter the face. I think they had to feed Gina to Cyborg as that was the fight to make for that division at the time. The best girls of the division.

Andrade is truly Joanna's last challenge in the division. Karate Hottie doesn't stand a chance against Joanna Champion.

This is a dangerous fight for Joanna, but if she wins it, the road to retiring undefeated is wide open. She'll be one more defense away from tying Ronda's title defense record. She actually has more UFC wins than Ronda already because she had 2 fights before winning the title, while Ronda was handed her belt at a press conference.

Good fight honestly.

Joanna has no power and uses her technical striking and cardio to wear down and break her opponents. It'll be interesting if Andrade can walk through her punches and finish her or clip her early

They are still better looking but that doesn't translate to being the better fighter so the promotion becomes a waste as the real cream will always rise to the top no matter the face. I think they had to feed Gina to Cyborg as that was the fight to make for that division at the time. The best girls of the division.
no one cares about the cream at the top - it doesnt sell - pretty girls who are e-girlfriends to virgins is apparently what sells - paige was like the top searched fighter in ufc website history or something like that - and shes not a great fighter - would be great if it worked the way you say - but i havent seen any sort of mix between true meritocracy and promoting dollars

I could see JJ getting KOd in some fashion I guess. JJ doesnt have any power & andrade could hurt her and finish obviously. I dunno, whatever

I cant say anything about andrade without getting banned so ill just be on my way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back