Unbiased: Mcgregor vs Nurmagomedov

MMAth doesn't work a lot of the time. We have already seen Conor struggle and get beaten several times though. Khabib is undefeated. Call half of his fights cans or whatever you want, but dude is undefeated. He also trains with monsters....Conor might win, but it's Khabibs fight to lose.

Conor has nothing but a punchers chance. Once Conman realises that Khabibs "glass chin" is actually iron he'll shit his pants and give up his neck like he always does. Conor is a quitter and that'll be proved again.
Once = always? lol.

Don't know if it's an unbiased opinion, probably not, but I've lost a bit off interest in this fight when I saw them side by side at the presser.

The difference in their frame is huge for this division IMO, especially for a grappler vs striker fight.

This is not HW were a smaller man can still crack a chin with one punch and Conor doesn't have the ground game to finish the job after a KD or even an overhand like Tyron. And for for how awkward Khabib's striking looks, I think he'll surprise a lot of people and do fine on the feet with his size advantage and the threat of TD.

The best chance Conor has, I think, is for Khabib to botch his weight cut and still go on with the fight because of that pride involved in this.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Conor has been talking about facing Khabib since before he beat Aldo, when he was talking about going up and getting that 2nd belt, he said I believe Khabib will be champ

There is no way he hasn't had one eye on Khabib since this point, he will have a plan in mind, I literally had no idea how it was going to go, but the closer we get the more I see Conor getting it done,

I am a big fan of both so either way as long as its a great fight I will go home happy

bring on Oct 6th

The thing is both fighters strenghts are the other one's weakness.

Khabib is a grappling master and mauls people on the ground -> Conor showed he was uncomfortable and already lost on the ground.

Conor is a master a striking and hurt his opponents with his left hand -> Khabib has showned vulterability in the standup.

Conor has a 3 minute window I think.

I don't have a dog in this one, I like both guys but not enough to be a huge fan of either.

If Conor doesnt land something very significant early, I think Khabib ragdolls him all over the cage. Conor has shown about average TDD. That won't be enough to stop Khabib, who has takedowns everywhere. Doubles, single, hip tosses.. he might even pick him up and run him across the cage .

Conor needs to hurt Khabib early. Otherwise he's gonna get gassed out trying to stay up or get back on his feet. There isn't a good way for him to conserve energy in this fight unless he can keep his guard and minimize the damage. Trying to get up will only make things worse I think.

I believe that Conor's speed, movement and accuracy will make it very hard for Khabib to get a hold of him, and Khabib doesn't have much of a power double, he's more of a grinder. If he does get a hold of him though, McG is in a tough spot for sure, but the fight starts standing up. It's the proverbial striker vs grappler fight and it's very interesting to have one of the best strikers in the UFC versus one of the best grapplers.

I won't be betting on that one for sure, I am about 50/50. I have no clue who wins it but I don't think it will be a close fight no matter who wins. It's like fire and water, either water chokes out fire or it gets vaporized by it.

If you think its a 50/50 then bet on Conor as he is a +130 underdog, basically an average of 15% profit if its truly a 50/50 fight.

I just want to see a good fight. Both guys healthy and a ref that is not a total dingas. This fight can truly go either way, I'm more excited for this then I was weedman Silva 2 or chael Silva 2. It's got the potential to be fireworks but I think khabib is going to try and make it a snoozfest, conors gonna touch and touch him often and when that happens I think khabib will go into safe mode and hug him for dear life, as I think he don't want to take a chance in Conor making back on the oitside.

When people talk about height, the one thing they always miss is that shoulder height is more important than the top of the head. Functional height comes from the shoulder down. Some people are taller because they have long necks, which doesn't do anything in a fight.

I think it will be a blowout either way.
Think we will know within the first 2 minutes how the fight will be

I make it 60/40 in favour of Khabib.

Do wonder if Conor's long layoff might play a bigger factor than people are suggesting.

i think Khabib will maul Holloway and Ferguson

Khabib is the toughest fight in the division, because he proved his superior style against elite opponent
just go and re-watch his fights against Edson and Al iaquinta(check his record)
Khabib in his last fight had fun, trying different things, he out-strike one of the best striker in the division
Al iaquinta has a win over Masvidal

so the walk in the park and the Eddie Alvarez scenario is not going to happen
the only way i see Conor winning, is Khabib getting carried away by his ego and decide to strike with Conor, until he got rocked by a hard shot

Khabib will press him in the cage, Conor will defend a couple takedown, but when his back hit the ground the demolition process will start, and it will be a long night for Conor. Submission win by Khabib in later rounds

Standing McGregor...
Takedown .khabib..

<LikeReally5>

As UFC 229 is getting closer and closer, countless threads have popped up about one of the most anticipated fights in MMA history. There are whole threads dedicated for both fighters and why they're going to win come fight night.

Some threads have some really good discussion among members but those back and forth discussions are usually buried by the nonsensical albeit, entertaining posts and memes. I just wanted to create a thread with the sole purpose of unbiased discussion among MMA fans.

Of course, if you can, please refrain from responding to troll posts or posts with no real substance behind them. "Khabib is getting knocked the fooked out" is a viable outcome but not really a good way to start a discussion.

So, if you enjoy having a no BS discussion about one the upcoming biggest fights in MMA history with your fellow MMA enthusiasts, please feel free to have one here.

As for my take, I truly believe that Khabib, despite having shown some really dominating performances in the past, is the easiest fight for Conor Mcgregor between Holloway and Ferguson.

Khabib has shown time and time again that he has some glaring holes in his standup that I would be surprised if Conor wouldn't be able to exploit them. Backing straight back up with your chin high is one of the cardinal sins in boxing that only a few got away with. (Muhammad Ali is the first person to come in mind)

Pulling straight back the way Khabib tends to do also leaves him very vulnerable to straight punches which just happens to be Conor's best strike. His straight left, although usually over-exaggerated by many of his fans, is genuinely his best strike and quite a potent one at that. I don't see Khabib being able to take continuous shots without being hurt, or even knocked out.

What are your thoughts and opinions about the fight?
What you just wrote is exactly same biased BS as all the nutthuggers are saying over and over. "Khabib is easiest fight for Conor"... GTFO. You say you want to have a non BS conversation, yet you started stating top of the BS mountain. Let's just wait and talk on october 7th.

Here's how it's gonna go:
  1. Conor will win 2 rounds due to better standup. Probably the first 2.
  2. Khabib will win 2 rounds due to better wrestling. Probably rounds 3 and 4.
  3. One (or more) round will be very close. Probably round 5 due to both gassing.
  4. The result will be a razor thin (perhaps split) decision. Probably for Khabib.
  5. Half of the fans and media will disagree with the decision. Sherdog will crash.
  6. Dana will book an instant rematch which both fighters will gladly sign.
  7. More money for the UFC, Conor and Khabib.
<WellThere>
nah...
let me try it.
1. Khabib fucks up Condom
2. Condom cries and bitch about the fight, saying that he had staph, was on chemotherapy,had the plague and 37 broken ribs leading up to the fight, and fought a guy 50 time his size
3. He will beg for a rematch, that he'll get
4. Khabib fucks him up again
5. Condom retires

Here's my opinion. Conor doesn't have true one punch KO power. He generally needs to hurt his opponent multiple times to get them out of there. This bodes well for Khabib, because he can likely take a few shots and still stay in it. Hard to say if Conor will rattle him enough to put him off his game, but I think Khabib will have his chances to get ahold of Conor. Everybody that's ever tried to clench Conor has been successful in doing so. I think Khabib will be able to take him down if he is able to get ahold of him and I think he will wear him down and we'll see that striking disappear.

Basically, I see Conor possibly landing some good shots very early, maybe even hurting Khabib but eventually Khabib gets ahold of him in the first round, takes him down, and beats him up. Conor gets exhausted and Khabib continues to beat him until a 3rd round submission or TKO. But Conor absolutely could win it. Anybody that thinks the other has no chance is just extremely biased.

the more I see khabib past fights the more I think conor is going to win. his striking again iaquinta is hilarious
btw I don't care who wins, I just hope isn't a boring 5 rounder where no one dares to make contact first

Back