Opinion UN Good or bad?

Do you think Saudi Arabia should be the Human Rights chair for going on four years?

I'm pretty sure you don't.

The UN is a sham organization. It seems to me an undemocratic governing body overtaken by Islamism. It could very well be a one world government effort with Islam eventually imposed on all nations. I wouldn't be shocked by this eventuality at all.

You guys hated the UN 20 years ago as Well. Stop playing

And the current president worships SA. That’s your boy too

Everything the U.N. pushes, is about control in an effort for a one world government. They are a globalist group that hates the sovereignty of individual countries.

Everything the U.N. pushes, is about control in an effort for a one world government. They are a globalist group that hates the sovereignty of individual countries.

Exactly. It's an undemocratic government with a behind the scenes agenda.

Do you think Saudi Arabia should be the Human Rights chair for going on four years?

I'm pretty sure you don't.

The UN is a sham organization. It seems to me an undemocratic governing body overtaken by Islamism. It could very well be a one world government effort with Islam eventually imposed on all nations. I wouldn't be shocked by this eventuality at all.

So, you want the US with a powerful position int he international stage, yet don't like the UN? Do you know nothing about how we manipulate other countries with the UN? Good lord, you guys....

they really dont do anything except pretend like they are accomplishing something

much like that shitty co-worker you've had thats pretending to work hard and get things done but they're really not and are just milking time until its time to go home

thats the united nations. they accomplish a whole lot of nothing, similarly to the EU

The EU actually does though. It has trade and financial power. And will have an army in 10 years time.

The UN is good for promoting multi polarity and regional blocks of the world. EU, Asean, sco, eurasian union, south american union,

Now the UN is overly filled with arab league bias and collective behavior. Against israel by muslim states. And then American vassals voting with everything US does.

Outside of collective action taken by the permanent members of the security council its largely useless.

Its good enough for me.

As I directly beneffited from UN led humanitarian works in my country.

Obviously good.

I have yet to hear any single coherent argument against its existence. Both the UN and EU were formed after and in response to WWII, when zero sum competition between countries wiped out millions. Both represent a lessening of those tensions and a promotion of international cooperation toward good for all, instead a ruinously competitive race to the bottom.

However, unlike the EU which holds the member countries to the effectively binding decisions of the organization, the UN is entirely advisory and diplomatic.

I'd be interested to know @bushman505, @splendica, and @The ScorpioN's reasoning.

lol

When you're right, you're right.

Because fucking Saudi Arabia is the head of Human rights....also I worked under contract for the UN and have seen the corruption.

Good and bad are merely perspectives, which can be altered by many factors.

Talking with a few members over the past 15 years, their general outlook is that the world is not capable of governing itself, and they want to impose sustainable initiatives to govern the planet, to protect nature and to restore the planet and its ecosystems.

One of them told me in 2007 that "the religion of the future is environmentalism. The world we live on must start to be treated like our God. The sooner the world steps away from worshiping imaginary invisible flying wizards, the better"

Good and bad are merely perspectives, which can be altered by many factors.

Talking with a few members over the past 15 years, their general outlook is that the world is not capable of governing itself, and they want to impose sustainable initiatives to govern the planet, to protect nature and to restore the planet and its ecosystems.

One of them told me in 2007 that "the religion of the future is environmentalism. The world we live on must start to be treated like our God. The sooner the world steps away from worshiping imaginary invisible flying wizards, the better"

So they want me to stop using my AC and petrol? If they gonna turn environment to a God I am having none of it.

I am pro enviromental causes not "environMENTAL"

So they want me to stop using my AC and petrol? If they gonna turn environment to a God I am having none of it.

I am pro enviromental causes not "environMENTAL"

I'm not trying to speak for them, but seemed like the point they were getting at is there is a point of no return when it comes to air, water and land pollution, and that humanity doesn't seem to care about things until it is too late, so they plan on taking matters into their own hands, even if they have to use force.

They have become useless imo. China and Russia veto most security council measures so countries basically do what they want. Permanent security council status based on WWII alignment doesnt make sense to me.

The UN is a great idea in theory but sort of farcical as it is as its basically the US paying to defend the world but letting everyone else tell us how to do it. If everyone contributed an = % then it would seem more logical. The US contributes as much as Germany, Japan and China combined and 10X as much as Canada.

The UN is a great idea in theory but sort of farcical as it is as its basically the US paying to defend the world but letting everyone else tell us how to do it. If everyone contributed an = % then it would seem more logical. The US contributes as much as Germany, Japan and China combined and 10X as much as Canada.

The EU pays more than the US.

While things could be altered it makes no sense to say that each country pays an equal percentage. You have nations that range from a few hundred thousand to billions, and the same extreme variations in wealth.

Keep it, but move it to another country.

How many crimes are committed while using the diplomatic pouch assigned to the UN? Contraband? Money Laundering?

The EU pays more than the US.

While things could be altered it makes no sense to say that each country pays an equal percentage. You have nations that range from a few hundred thousand to billions, and the same extreme variations in wealth.
The US is by far the greatest contributor to the UN and its not close. Maybe we should just lump ourselves in with Canada and Mexico and cut our budget 90% too.

Back