Opinion UN Good or bad?

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Let's be honest about a couple of things, I truly respect UN efforts in 3rd world countries, and as a human being i try to follow the ideological United Nations letter. It's a well written modern manuscript for humanity.
What I can't deny is that it's power is very suppressed and even disrespected by most of the word powerful nations.
I'm not valuing UN as worthless, it would take a lot of naivety of my part, but in this world to have power and control you need alot of acummulated capital and a strong military complex industry, like one of the most powerful nation we ever witnessed, USA.
No its not a compliment, just a sad observation of facts.
Since the creation of UN, the USA is constantly bullying and confronting its porpuse, engaging on numerous wars, defy human rights watch reports and utilize its veto power for any resolution that doesn't fit its imperialist agenda. Now, their not alone, I can mention Saudi Arabia or Israel as important lobbying groups within the organization.

I like to look at notions from different perspectives, seems to me that moral grounds only fits the powerfull, and we're looking at the new world order (no Alex Jones pun), the events from the end of WWII to 2018 lead to this sphere of highly concentrated power on very few nations, that dare to diminish the effort their fathers tried to prevent blood, wars and persecutions.
You want to know a example of a organization that actually dictates? NATO.

More will be born, with the movements from China in asia, and the recent wake of putin Russia.
All of those exercises undermines UN's work. I'm I a liar for using its name as a respected organization, And not just a puppet?
Hope not.

The UN's most notable accomplishment was the creation of Israel. By far their biggest priority since then has been to undo that accomplishment.

they really dont do anything except pretend like they are accomplishing something

much like that shitty co-worker you've had thats pretending to work hard and get things done but they're really not and are just milking time until its time to go home

thats the united nations. they accomplish a whole lot of nothing, similarly to the EU

Hard to say something is good or bad when they really don't do anything one way or the other

Good at being Bad?

Good idea
They just forgot 90% of the world fucking sucks

Obviously good.

I have yet to hear any single coherent argument against its existence. Both the UN and EU were formed after and in response to WWII, when zero sum competition between countries wiped out millions. Both represent a lessening of those tensions and a promotion of international cooperation toward good for all, instead a ruinously competitive race to the bottom.

However, unlike the EU which holds the member countries to the effectively binding decisions of the organization, the UN is entirely advisory and diplomatic.

I'd be interested to know @bushman505, @splendica, and @The ScorpioN's reasoning.

The UN's most notable accomplishment was the creation of Israel. By far their biggest priority since then has been to undo that accomplishment.

lol

When you're right, you're right.

It was a revamped league of nations, of which could be argued was primarily set out as a measure to prevent WW3; especially in the nuclear era.

We haven't had a world war since, not sure that point invokes The Simpsons "rock that prevents tiger" doctrine
though.

Obviously good.

I have yet to hear any single coherent argument against its existence. Both the UN and EU were formed after and in response to WWII, when zero sum competition between countries wiped out millions. Both represent a lessening of those tensions and a promotion of international cooperation toward good for all, instead a ruinously competitive race to the bottom.

However, unlike the EU which holds the member countries to the effectively binding decisions of the organization, the UN is entirely advisory and diplomatic.

I'd be interested to know @bushman505, @splendica, and @The ScorpioN's reasoning.

lol

When you're right, you're right.

It has absolutely been corrupted. UN efforts are swindled and misappropriated, votes are bought, nations are bullied into conformity.

It has absolutely been corrupted. UN efforts are swindled and misappropriated, votes are bought, nations are bullied into conformity.

Can you provide some evidence of your claim? The only time I can remember a nation being "bullied into conformity" is when the United States threatened Ecuador with trade sanctions if it introduced a bill to promote breastfeeding, which is scientifically proven to be healthier for babies than formula, because it could make US baby formula corporations looks bad. And US corporate profits are what matters, not the health of the world or any of its countries.

Is that what you were talking about?

Can you provide some evidence of your claim? The only time I can remember a nation being "bullied into conformity" is when the United States threatened Ecuador with trade sanctions if it introduced a bill to promote breastfeeding, which is scientifically proven to be healthier for babies than formula, because it could make US baby formula corporations looks bad. And US corporate profits are what matters, not the health of the world or any of its countries.

Is that what you were talking about?

I'm not going to get into an endless argument about this. The UN's perspective and involvement on anything to do with the ME and Israel/Palestine is transparently corrupt.

But for one precise example, Saudi Arabia having the Human Rights chair for the UN going on four years despite nearly constant abuses.

All right wingers hate the UN. As if this thread was needed to know how people would vote

All right wingers hate the UN. As if this thread was needed to know how people would vote

Do you think Saudi Arabia should be the Human Rights chair for going on four years?

I'm pretty sure you don't.

The UN is a sham organization. It seems to me an undemocratic governing body overtaken by Islamism. It could very well be a one world government effort with Islam eventually imposed on all nations. I wouldn't be shocked by this eventuality at all.

Back