UMA FIGHT GEAR

UMA IR
UMA-IR-BLACK-14OZ_zpspg5qpsqp.jpg

I've been using my RT41's for quite some time now and they're doing excellent thus far.
Really protective, great padding (The palms and wrist is also padded to reduce the impact of kicks and knees), easy to make a proper fist in them and they're also downright beautiful.

Whenever I land on them they make a bit of a "thudding" sound, they don't pop that much but this is something I knew beforehand. So I'm definitly considering to get myself a pair of the IR too, mainly because I'm not using these gloves for bag/padwork because I don't want to destroy them and they don't give that much feedback.
Don't get me wrong the feedback is still there and I can still land nicely, but I wouldn't prefer them as gloves for padwork (bagwork could be an option considering the protection, but I still think the majority of people would like to have another feeling when hitting the bag).

Eitherway, I love the protection and I hope they'll last me for quite some time. Only using them for sparring/combination work with partners which I do a lot, I'll test their durability and performance over time and will return to update you guys.
Really happy with the gloves, price-quality wise it's definitly worth it. It's a really great and well made product, the glove is a piece of art.
UMA also offers great service, really approachable and easy to get & stay in contact with.

I kinda wish there was a reference for size on the mitts.

Here is what I found searching videos of their GB style mitts :

1)
2)
3)
If they had a cheaper stock version I would give it a try

Last edited:
Back