UMA FIGHT GEAR

Can someone refresh me on the difference between the IR and the RT-41?

Two vastly different gloves. the IR are a punchers gloves so you get a lot of feedback out of them. thr RT-41 are soley for protection so you barely get any feedback with the 4 Layer foam.

Two vastly different gloves. the IR are a punchers gloves so you get a lot of feedback out of them. thr RT-41 are soley for protection so you barely get any feedback with the 4 Layer foam.

I actually have a pair of their gloves from 2015. Can't remember the foam setup I went with and can't find the emails.

Do the differences manifest in the profile of the glove also? That is, are the 41's bigger because of puffier foam?

Do you know if UMA is planning to make stock GB mitts ?That would be awesome.

UMA's RT41 gloves it's super protective as they promise. You don't really feel any feedback from punching heavy bag.
But if you need a pair of UMA gloves for sparring, Go for IR. With RT41 you won't know how hard you are punching your sparring partner lol
Also RT41 it's kinda thick on padding if you ask me.

I actually have a pair of their gloves from 2015. Can't remember the foam setup I went with and can't find the emails.

Do the differences manifest in the profile of the glove also? That is, are the 41's bigger because of puffier foam?
Yes its a bigger profile, puffy gloves but good for everything including sparring.

Yes its a bigger profile, puffy gloves but good for everything including sparring.

I love my 14 oz RT-41

Was thinking about getting a pair of custom RT-41 bc i needed a lighter and slimmer glove style for quick punching on mitts and developing speed on the speed bag and double end bag

Would I be better going with the IR

I love my 14 oz RT-41

Was thinking about getting a pair of custom RT-41 bc i needed a lighter and slimmer glove style for quick punching on mitts and developing speed on the speed bag and double end bag

Would I be better going with the IR
If you wanted a slimmer glove then the IR are a little slimmer, comapred to the RTs

UMA has the Best product for it's price. I'm tired to see people comparing UMA to Sabas / Grant / Winning. It doesn't matter what padding the brand use. If you train hard and hit heavy bag frequently, the padding will degrade. Same for UMA and other 300~500$ gloves.

I would spend 90~150$ USD on UMA/Hayabusa/Or any other brand gloves each year or 2years.
Rather than buying 1 Grant gloves 400~500$ and people claimed that it can use up to many years (2~7years)
That's just a JOKE. The velcro and padding will degrade. In fact I saw many Grant gloves Velcro wear out before the padding & leather.
Example:

But anyways, If you use LACE gloves then you do not need to worry about velcro problem lol

You decide!
Sorry for my shitty English lol

Last edited:
UMA
UMA-RAD-MITT-2_zpscnopi37m.jpg

Back