Ultimate Warrior Archer Challenge

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a "challenge."
I mean its not much of a challenge as I designed it myself but I'm going to post before and after, maybe make a video of me training and see if anything happens.
The original duration of the "challenge" will be one month.
The goal of my program is to become the ultimate warrior archer.
"That's not a thing!"

Basically what I want to do is increase skill in martial technique, archery in both accuracy and speed, gain strength and gain endurance, while losing 15 pounds.

Here's my program:

Monday

· Karate and Jujitsu Class

· 5km Run

Tuesday

· 1.5 Hour Archery Lesson

· Weightlifting: Bench Press, Deadlift, Shoulder Press, Bicep Curl, Ab Ball

Wednesday

· 300 Arrows

· Karate Class

Thursday

· Karate Class

· 5km Run

· 300 Arrows

Friday

· Weightlifting: Bench Press, Deadlift, Shoulder Press, Bicep Curl, Ab Ball

· Jujitsu Class

Notes:
1. The draw weight of my bow is 40 pounds, so while archery is lower intensity than most exercise it is not trivial.
2. I will be eating 1800 calories everyday on an intermittent fasting schedule, eating all my calories a 6 hour period every evening. This should put me at a deficit every day.

How would you improve my routine, knowing my goals?
Do you think I will have noticeable results? Will I lose the 15 pounds?
Thank you for input.

sounds like a good routine to become a ninja. add some wall climbs and tunnel crawls to the program.

Do you currently workout regularly? If no then your program imo is too regimented and too much to start with.

You will be able to attend the next one of these, no doubt:

d7c2b220f86227075414b5954372c1ef.jpg

Do you currently workout regularly? If no then your program imo is too regimented and too much to start with.
yes and no...
I get a martial arts class in maybe once a week, and some shooting.
And I do a run and maybe a lifting session if I'm lucky.

If I do this program it will be because I have time since I'm only working on the weekends.

sounds like a good routine to become a ninja. add some wall climbs and tunnel crawls to the program.
I actually forgot I will have Longsword and dagger class 3 hours a night on Fridays as well (I will probably swap the jujitsu class out for this). And a tournament/event the second weekend.

maybe alternate them as I won't be getting enough jujitsu otherwise.

At this point in your fitness just try to be consistent and don't burn yourself out. After exercise becomes part of your life then you can up the time & frequency.

You want to fire 600 arrows total two days in a row plus the archery lessons the day previous? Even on a 40lb draw that is taxing (coming from someone who bow hunts with long/recurves). Let us know how this goes.

I actually forgot I will have Longsword and dagger class 3 hours a night on Fridays as well (I will probably swap the jujitsu class out for this). And a tournament/event the second weekend.

maybe alternate them as I won't be getting enough jujitsu otherwise.

Are you looking to work for Medieval Times?

Doing karate and firing bows.. this isn't Mongolia in the 1200's, mate.

You want to fire 600 arrows total two days in a row plus the archery lessons the day previous? Even on a 40lb draw that is taxing (coming from someone who bow hunts with long/recurves). Let us know how this goes.

I routinely shot 500+ arrows with a 34 pounder (not consecutive days however) and the move up to 40 is recent.
But still I think it should be fine.

I'm more worried about lifting and shooting on Tuesday, that will probably be difficult but I have to get two lifts in during the week and I would hate a day where I have to run and lift.

@j123
Look up mongolian horseback archery. Those guys were savagely skilled, as were the Huns.
@MarcoW if you can handle it have at it, hope it goes well i love archery and practice instinctive shooting. I usually just do around 100-150 and call it a day when i'm in hunting season.

@j123
Look up mongolian horseback archery. Those guys were savagely skilled, as were the Huns.
@MarcoW if you can handle it have at it, hope it goes well i love archery and practice instinctive shooting. I usually just do around 100-150 and call it a day when i'm in hunting season.
wth, I did not even know this was even a thing

Now that I'm on the topic, I think 'merican horseback shooting would be even more interesting

Last edited:
Back