Ultimate 80's Memories Thread - Part 2 - The 80s Strikes Back

I just watched 19 minutes of commercials! Amazing how many you can recall. Back in the day we didn't have the option of fast forwarding through them on a DVR so we would actually watch them. Wow, the memories

Madonna performing like a virgin on the mtv awards was probably my first boner.

Nearly every car was a piece of shit.

My mom snapped in half 3 cassettes of licensed to ill.

No one talked about certain types of food being bad for you, dieting was about starving.

The stakes for a slip n slide has a small probability of being lodged in your foot and leg.

We used to beat the shit out of each other as kids, daily. No one gave a fuck.

Parents had no idea where their kids were most of the time and it worked out just fine.

Most of my punishments as a child would warrant jail time today.

People with regular low end jobs seemed able to do just fine.

Fucking Alf was a phenomenon. ALF.

Did anyone else that grew up in the 80's have a crush on Vanity?... For those that don't know her... she was one of Prince's bitc... um... protegees back in the 80's.

[YT]GwR2E04vWU8[/YT]

[YT]bfLZfyphg0M[/YT]

Apollonia (the replacement for Vanity in Purple rain) is much hotter today and back in the 80s. Vanity was a flat chested drug addict, who did so many drugs it caused her kidneys to fail. Now she's a Jesus freak.

bbd824b8bc21d9c3854c8e3c71ba56bc.jpg

284840_full.jpg

Apollonia6019.jpg

499678.jpg

Summer of 1989.

When you went to the movies and saw posters on the wall for Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Back to Future II, Ghostbusters II, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and UHF.

Summer of 1989.

When you went to the movies and saw posters on the wall for Batman, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Back to Future II, Ghostbusters II, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and UHF.

Fuckin' right! Lethal Weapon 2 as well.

Fuckin' right! Lethal Weapon 2 as well.

I swear I can remember being a kid that summer and nearly shitting myself during the previews because there were so many amazing movies coming out.

I swear I can remember being a kid that summer and nearly shitting myself during the previews because there were so many amazing movies coming out.

Yeah man. My cousin took me to see the Last Crusade on a Sunday afternoon. After that we just stuck around and stayed for Batman as well. Was awesome shit and I didn't have to think about going to school the next day which made it even sweeter!

This thread is like the "Remember the 1940s, 50s, 60s" emails the senior citizens in my family forward to me.

This thread is like the "Remember the 1940s, 50s, 60s" emails the senior citizens in my family forward to me.

It's certainly fun to look back at better times.

8137168_f260.jpg

8131710_f260.jpg

geekmania-chicken-pop-pod-2172745-1600-1200.jpg

Last edited:
Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

beverlyhillscopse.jpg

Platoon (1986)

518R86EW12L._SY300_.jpg

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Used to love playing Super Sprint by Atari in the arcades, racing against strangers, twirling that steering wheel around, collecting wrenches and stuff

1181242177126.jpg

Arcade-atari-super-sprint1.png

2761_1.png

Apollonia (the replacement for Vanity in Purple rain) is much hotter today and back in the 80s. Vanity was a flat chested drug addict, who did so many drugs it caused her kidneys to fail. Now she's a Jesus freak.

bbd824b8bc21d9c3854c8e3c71ba56bc.jpg

284840_full.jpg

Apollonia6019.jpg

499678.jpg

I'll take the sluts from 1999 video

Back